Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm presuming a bottom 8 club...

View attachment 94125
Supposedly us and Dragons are the only clubs that can afford to take him on his salary, so yes a bottom club lol. I don't know if this is the article I read or a different one today but that's basically it. I think he goes to dragons.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴏɢꜱ ɪɴ, ʀᴏᴏꜱᴛᴇʀꜱ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴀᴅᴅɪɴ ғᴏɴᴜᴀ-ʙʟᴀᴋᴇ ʀᴀᴄᴇ ᴀᴍɪᴅ ɴᴇᴡ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀꜱ ᴄʟᴀᴜꜱᴇ

Via Telegraph Sport
By David Riccio ✍

The Warriors will apply hard and fast rules around who Addin Fonua-Blake can sign with in the wake of his request to be released from the final year of his contract.

And the signing restrictions augur well for Dragons and Bulldogs fans.

Fonua-Blake dropped a bombshell on the NRL two weeks ago when he informed the Warriors he wished to break from his contract on the basis of compassionate grounds.

One of the most damaging props in the game who could demand close to $1 million a season, Fonua-Blake wants to return to Sydney for personal family reasons.

The 28-year-old and Warriors management have since come to an agreement that he will remain in New Zealand for the 2024 season with the very likelihood of being let go to play for a rival club for the 2025 season.

The Tongan international is currently contracted to the Warriors until the end of 2026.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal that as part of the release terms, the Warriors have told Fonua-Blake that they will only consider releasing him to a Sydney club.

The strict parameters are similar to what the Warriors told Reece Walsh after he approached the club for a release halfway through the 2022 season.

Walsh wanted to move to Brisbane to be closer to family, prompting the Warriors to declare that the star fullback be permitted only to sign with the Broncos.

The Sydney-only move for Fonua-Blake rules out any possible recruitment pitch from seven of the 17 clubs based interstate or in regional centres including the Raiders, Knights, Storm, Broncos, Cowboys, Titans and Dolphins.

The list of Sydney club’s with close to a $1 million in salary cap space for 2025 and that are also willing to spend such a significant amount on a front-rower is far from lengthy.

Only the Dragons, Bulldogs and possibly the Rabbitohs, Sharks and Wests Tigers would be able to manoeuvre their salary cap and roster spots in their forward pack to accommodate Fonua-Blake.

Parramatta and Penrith both boast heavily-contracted forward packs, while The Sunday Telegraph can reveal the Roosters have also ruled out making a play for Fonua-Blake.

The Bulldogs are in desperate need of an enforcer up front and GM of football Phil Gould has a relationship with Fonua-Blake that dates back to his short tenure as consultant to the Warriors in 2021.

Undoubtedly, the Dragons will view themselves as major contenders for Fonua-Blake’s signature having already declared their genuine interest in securing the front-rower.

They also have the salary cap space to entertain Fonua-Blake’s near $1 million asking price.

Fonua-Blake was a former co-captain of the Dragons 2014 SG Ball side before being let go to join Manly in 2015. He was formerly coached by current Dragons assistant coach, Dean Young.

Another factor in Fonua-Blake’s release will be the potential of a club offering a swap deal with the Warriors.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JT would be a good addition to the ranks. One other guy, who is better than them all is David Fifita. He apparently has some "out" clause
in his contract.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Supposedly us and Dragons are the only clubs that can afford to take him on his salary, so yes a bottom club lol. I don't know if this is the article I read or a different one today but that's basically it. I think he goes to dragons.
Why Dragons?
They fucked him off coming thru the grades. I know that I wouldn't go back to an employer that showed me the door!!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If this is the case, we are near specials…also factor in there’s some goodwill Gus earned when @ the warriors - I’d be surprised if he’s not wearing blue and white. Big signing if this happens and would top it off to get his former Tongan captain and team mate Taumalolo.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With Mahoney, it came down to Des-troyer and what he was willing to pay....that's why he left. He wasn't shown the door like AFB was.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
With Mahoney, it came down to Des-troyer and what he was willing to pay....that's why he left. He wasn't shown the door like AFB was.
I doubt Des even knew who Mahoney was when he was here lol

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dogs and warriors as clubs have always seemed to be on good terms, add Gus who the warriors ceo still reaches out to.. surely we are front runners.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dogs and warriors as clubs have always seemed to be on good terms, add Gus who the warriors ceo still reaches out to.. surely we are front runners.
All I know is we are due a contract like this our way. I don’t like the family condition concern but I’d fucking love afb for us! Exactly what we need! Dream recruit

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm presuming a bottom 8 club...

View attachment 94125
Problem, how do we get rid of the obstacle that is Raymond Faitala-Mariner ?
Will we sign Taumololo or AFB, I prefer the later.
Gus has a great challenge on his hands, he certainly can't miss out on every quality prop he has attempted signing !!!

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Problem, how do we get rid of the obstacle that is Raymond Faitala-Mariner ?
Will we sign Taumololo or AFB, I prefer the later.
Gus has a great challenge on his hands, he certainly can't miss out on every quality prop he has attempted signing !!!
It’s may seem a long shot, but the Dragons are way short of backrowers at their club… I’m surprised Gus hasn’t sounded out Peptide Sr yet with a special deal to take RFM off our hands tbh.

They just purchased that Eisenhuth from the Storm the other day, but surely they’ll need more reinforcements for cover…. Anyway, my prediction is RFM will end up at Dragons as he clearly doesn’t want to head over to the SL

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s may seem a long shot, but the Dragons are way short of backrowers at their club… I’m surprised Gus hasn’t sounded out Peptide Sr yet with a special deal to take RFM off our hands tbh.

They just purchased that Eisenhuth from the Storm the other day, but surely they’ll need more reinforcements for cover…. Anyway, my prediction is RFM will end up at Dragons as he clearly doesn’t want to head over to the SL
I wish I had your optimism.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The Wahs apparently getting F Molo off the Dragons which may mean AFB handshake deal to st merge ?
Think all signs are pointing to AFB returning to St George.

Would have loved to get him, even moreso this season but what are ya gonna do.

Francis Molo wouldn’t have been a bad pick up on average coin too just quietly.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Think all signs are pointing to AFB returning to St George.

Would have loved to get him, even moreso this season but what are ya gonna do.

Francis Molo wouldn’t have been a bad pick up on average coin too just quietly.
If I was him I'd 100% sign with Dragons. He doesn't start for us with prime SST joining us and would likely only get limited minutes off the bench.

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fox league reporting he is now desperate for a release due to family reasons and they will only release him to a team in nsw and a team that can take his salary entirely (reportedly 1m) still a chance. But this smells like a dragons move especially after kiwidog mentioned Molo to nz.