Adrian Lam wants to coach ... Yes Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was on stereo tonight, think would be a great coach not hard when compared to SuperCoach .... only going off game insights and comments and was a terrific player

Thoughts?

PS: I know desball is in play for 2 more years but let me dream a little.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He was a real handy player, someone remind me of his coaching exploits? Think he coached the PNG team? My guess is he would teach alot of attack.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was a real handy player, someone remind me of his coaching exploits? Think he coached the PNG team? My guess is he would teach alot of attack.
Im pretty sure he coached reserves for the roosters for a few years, and maybe even assistant coach as well.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone but Hasbeen now will do me... well, except Jason Taylor or Mick Potter, apparently they are useless

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll take anybody else at this stage. He is currently the kangaroos assistant to mal meniga I think.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was a very instinctive half. From probably the last generation of true halfbacks.

If not for a head coach would be a perfect mentor for someone like mbye or even brooks.

But Hasler would never relinquish control of anything. It's his way or no way. And I can't see us paying him out 3 million (we didn't even pay him out for 2017 so I doubt we will sack him now if we didn't last November).

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Adrian would make a great head coach,better than the **** we have anyway.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's a good coach. I remember the opening game of the 08 world cup in townsville where got a PNG team which only had 1 NRL player (Costigan) come close to upsetting the English. They were leading at halftime and were gonna go further in front when a young David Mead ( Toyota Cup) went over the line only to be called back by a dud ref decision which swung momentum Englands way and saved embarrassment . Graham played in that game.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I don't want no filthy QLDer coaching my team. Des is bad enough.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People always argued who would we get to replace Hasler? Anyone!

Flanagan, Robinson and McGuire all had no first grade coaching experience in the NRL when they took over and all have won a premiership since Hasbeen took over and ruined this club.

People just assume because he's re-signed it's impossible to sack him because of the payout. But if we sign a rookie head coach and pay them the minimum then how much extra is the club paying? 300-400k?

As if getting our club back from a tyrant isn't worth that outlay. And that's assuming they'd have to pay out the full contract. Which, if they fire him today I doubt they would have to as you could negotiate the figure down seeing as he'd have two years to find another job while still getting paid. Bottom line, sack Hasler and get anyone else in his place!

Malla

Reaction score
Whats the difference between Lam and Dymock? Would much rather Dymock (if he wants to) over Lam.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also, didn't Lam have a sex tape a while ago? At least bed be able to relate to the players more than Des.

Maybe we could recruit Konrad hurrell, Corey Norman and James segeyaro and anyone else who also made sex tapes!

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are we discussing assistant coach or lower grade coach from other club when our reserve grade coach is doing well?

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Attack....what id attack?
Attack is the opposite of defense and the area we are the most lacking in. You can save games with defense but only if you have scored points to defend.
If you can't score points then there is nothing to defend.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I know we want Des gone, but i hope if we do offload him, that we would go for a coach with at least some experience. If we go for an unknown id rather it be an ex dogs player.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I know we want Des gone, but i hope if we do offload him, that we would go for a coach with at least some experience. If we go for an unknown id rather it be an ex dogs player.
Hasler had experience. Young blood and fresh ideas are whar we need I think. I'm all for an ex dogs player so long as they know what they are doing and ar4e available, but if it came to it, I'd be open to lam. was a good, exciting, attacking player.

Also, didn't Lam have a sex tape a while ago? At least bed be able to relate to the players more than Des.

Maybe we could recruit Konrad hurrell, Corey Norman and James segeyaro and anyone else who also made sex tapes!
Des may not have a sex tape, but if you watch back the video of pretty much any recent game, you'll find ample evidence of him fucking us!

Status
Not open for further replies.