CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can't remember...
Tbh I can't either, some garbage about how they met halfway and Sutton wanted to sign on the spot. Gus then talked him up some more, blah blah blah. The usual.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I get you bro, on here you either twerk for him or hate him.

I don't do either, when he does well I acknowledge it, when he fucks up, I acknowledge it too.
What's the medium between twerk and hate for Gus?

Asking for 04, Polly & Flapagun

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is all just pure copium from everyone saying ‘He has a plan B’ like just stfu honestly. A top 2 prop is available, just fucking get him ffs. No excuses to not even make an offer. Disgraceful
Not as easy as 'just get him'. The Warriors won't a quality forward as an exchange. And who's to say he wants to sign with us now that the sharks have entered the race?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My
Gus wouldn't pull out of an AFB buy unless something has happened. My guess is he has already signed others.
My guess is that AFB will be signing with the Sharks. For Gus not to make an offer for him means he isn't interested in signing with us.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So ur happy to pay 800k for a winger (fox), 950k for a lazy second rower (kikau) and 925k for a glamour centre (Crichton) but u dont wanna shell out $1m-1.1m for one of the best props in the game which we desprately need??
lol we payed 850k for fox. Get your facts right!

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Preston's great, but we aren't building a competitive team without signing some players who can help us win the ruck. That is not Preston's strength.... and while the kid is good, he's not the absolute superstar some make him out to be. He's a good, serviceable, hard working back rower who rips in and looks better than he actually is because of the mediocre forwards around him. Good type of player to have, but we need a game changing prop much more. The only thing I don't like about AFB is the chequered past you mention.... but it's panic stations, man.... we need an elite prop desperately.
Yep its panic stations...so lets spend over 1 m for a prop who will probabbly want a 4-5 year contract and who knows how he will go in the last few years of his contract. so many details that noone knows about exceot Gus. FFS yes we need a quality prop but not common sense has to prevail

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yep its panic stations...so lets spend over 1 m for a prop who will probabbly want a 4-5 year contract and who knows how he will go in the last few years of his contract. so many details that noone knows about exceot Gus. FFS yes we need a quality prop but not common sense has to prevail
Plenty of props on 1 million or close to it these days.... you want to get or keep an elite prop, that's what you have to pay, these days...and we have to add a being shit tax on top of any offer we table, much like the Dragons. On the other side of the coin, strong clubs like Penrith get the not shit discount. I never heard AFB say he was intent on 4-5 years.... offer him 3 and try to sell him on a vision of joining a stronger club with a better chance of playing finals and winning titles. What's the worst that can happen? One thing's for sure, if Gus doesn't intend to at least table an offer "not common sense" has definitely prevailed lol

This club is in desperate need of a forward leader, fam.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as we need punch through the middle I felt he was always going to the highest bidder. Whoever ends up with him likely will have to offload other forwards and we might pick up a bargain. Time will tell.
I think that’s the plan but is it a good idea? We need the best in the business

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To not make an offer is insanity.

Even if you know we cant match other teams you still have to sell the club and make an offer, surely.

Just watching my son train and we were talking about Blake coming bahahahaha....I'll tell him the bad news in an hour.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All of this is from one Tweet?

At the end of the day, no player is bigger than the club. If it's evident that he's not going to come here for whatever reason, why should the dogs get involved in a bidding war?

Let's wait and see the truth tho rather than losing our shit over a tweet

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of this is from one Tweet?

At the end of the day, no player is bigger than the club. If it's evident that he's not going to come here for whatever reason, why should the dogs get involved in a bidding war?

Let's wait and see the truth tho rather than losing our shit over a tweet
+ there was no explanation why so as you said let’s just wait

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't really agree. Panthers signed Tamou and Merrin under on what was big money at the time and both played a crucial role in ushering Panthers next gen forwards in RCG, JFH, etc. Who do our young pups have? No one. It's been the same story for years with us trying to blood youngsters into a squad without the right quality or experience around them. Gus doesn't seem to have an issue with throwing money around at other areas.
Are you forgetting that we’ve got big Ogre, Asotasi and Mason on the coaching staff…. Who better to guide these young pups!

Correct… Hughes, Patolo, Sutton were injured for long periods last year.. let’s hope they have a better run in 2024!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Are you forgetting that we’ve got big Ogre, Asotasi and Mason on the coaching staff…. Who better to guide these young pups!

Correct… Hughes, Patolo, Sutton were injured for long periods last year.. let’s hope they have a better run in 2024!
They're irrelevant