Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Only 1 front rower in the comp is worth over $1m and he plays for Brisbane and has been consistently the best front rower for a few years. Not sure it’s a good idea to spend that much on a player who’s had 1 stand out season and moves clubs for (family reasons).
I’d chase Klemmer and May.
Who knows where this will all end up. That could be on the cards (or not). Who knows with Gussy ;)

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Only 1 front rower in the comp is worth over $1m and he plays for Brisbane and has been consistently the best front rower for a few years. Not sure it’s a good idea to spend that much on a player who’s had 1 stand out season and moves clubs for (family reasons).
Some facts perhaps;
AFB is already on $1m at the Warriors on a contract signed 3 years ago when the Cap was $9.1m which is equivalent to $1.25m in next year's Cap.
Team of the Week AFB 22 vs Haas 19
Post-contact metres AFB 1,515 vs Hass 1,453
All run metres AFB 4,073 vs Hass 3,750
Tackles made AFB 645 vs HAAS 566
Penalties conceded 5 each

As for the only 1 season bullshit, AFB's numbers for the last 4 season have been improving each year.

I’d chase Klemmer and May.
We are fortunate that you are not doing our recruiting. They pail into insignificance when compered to the numbers AFB puts up.

Always a Bulldog

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought he wanted a release in 2025 no matter what, I mean they can say no but then you have a player that doesn’t want to be there.
Not sure about that but you’re right about if they don’t want to be there. That said, Haas ended up coming around and Hunt is still a Dragon, so it can happen.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’re supposedly not an option because we won’t contemplate swapping Kiks. It’s zerotackle, so you be the judge… As much as I am excited to see what Kiks can do after him being out most of his first year with us, I could be convinced tbh. AFB would add a lot more than Kiks can. They do love him though because of how hard he goes at training.

They reckon it’s out of Papalii & Sua because Utoikamanu won’t be dealt by Tigers.

One thing I still don’t understand, any player a club agrees to swap must also want to go to NZ! You can’t force them.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Some facts perhaps;
AFB is already on $1m at the Warriors on a contract signed 3 years ago when the Cap was $9.1m which is equivalent to $1.25m in next year's Cap.

As for the only 1 season bullshit, AFB's numbers for the last 4 season have been improving each year.

We are fortunate that you are not doing our recruiting. They pail into insignificance when compered to the numbers AFB puts up.

Always a Bulldog
I don’t care for the stats you’ve obviously spent a fair bit of time researching to prove my opinion wrong.
I believe Haas is better and the only front rower worth that money… it’s my opinion so don’t let it get to you old sport.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t care for the stats you’ve obviously spent a fair bit of time researching to prove my opinion wrong.
I believe Haas is better and the only front rower worth that money… it’s my opinion so don’t let it get to you old sport.
Nothing gets to me, I’m simply pointing out the facts, if you choose to ignore facts then that’s your choice.

Always a Bulldog

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon things get to you…. Just kidding mate.

Be interesting to see what our team looks like in 25.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Some facts perhaps;

Always a Bulldog
Both great players but if i had 1 choice be haas everyday imo
Split match between them but haas younger and more upside
There is no such deal with kukau so people can stop that rumour BS
Curren was signed to play 13 and will start there barring injuries

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There is no choice though Steve, Haas is not going anywhere.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Completely agree. We could also make arguments about Tino and jfh being as good or better than afb but reality is none of those 3 options are a chance. We need to land afb while he is !

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, the story is that AFB wants back to Sydney because of an ill family member?

If this is the case, why isn't he leaving NZ immediately to be with them more? How does he know what there situation is going to be like in a year's time?