Opinion Action needs to be taken against Penrith immediately

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
equitable relief? specific performance?
In other words unless we softcock it or bow to pressure from the NRL or media he would have to sit out for 2 years unless he plays for us.

Fuck it, take a Ponga chance and upgrade his contract now to $750k a year and 5 years. And then Penif can eat a big fat dick.

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
equitable relief? specific performance?
Correct! I am sure there would a restraint of trade clause in the contract prohibiting from playing for another club during contract term.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In other words unless we softcock it or bow to pressure from the NRL or media he would have to sit out for 2 years unless he plays for us.

Fuck it, take a Ponga chance and upgrade his contract now to $750k a year and 5 years. And then Penif can eat a big fat dick.
not exactly my field but as long as it is a proper contract which has been registered with the NRL and there are no technicalities like the old June 30/July 1 rule providing a get out, then the club would be/is in a strong position with various forms of relief --> terminating the contract, suing Burton, seeking declarations from a Court that Burton is a 'Dogs player for the 2022 and 2023 seasons, seeking an injunction from the court preventing Burton from playing for any other club, seeking relief from a Court in equity to make Burton perform his obligations under the contract etc.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon he has belief in his ability to make a real difference for us and will see it as a challenge.
He knows the rugby league world is watching and will want to show everyone what hes got. Plus He seems like the type of person who would want to honour his word even though we’re coming last.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep just a scummy arrogant club, from the board to the field. Cant stand them

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aren't panthers breaking NRL rules by approaching Burton prior to November 2022?

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know we don’t need to but If I was dogs management I would be looking to top up Burton’s contract by an extra $100-150k per season and sign him up for another 2 years.

It would be a gesture of good faith from our club to burton and realistically is what he would probably be able to get on the market today (he could probably get more to be honest). Any second thoughts burton has would quickly disappear. We want the kid to be happy he is our future!

Plus it would put a stop the distraction of Penrith trying to get him to break his contract bcos they just wouldn’t be able to come close to that offer!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His contract has been registered by the NRL. Don't worry, he isn't going anywhere.
Agree, I don’t know why everyone is panicking. That’s what a cooling off period is for in a contract. That’s passed and now he has to honour the terms of that deal.

Regardless, he would be stupid to try and worm out of the deal. For one, he can’t do it unless we agree to it, secondly, his credibility would be shot, thirdly, if he wants to make sh!t money as a good centre earning 4-500k versus an elite half earning 800k+ then he’s got no idea.

He’s not going to be in the halves at Penrith with Cleary and Luai there.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We must stay firm on this. We cannot rebuild our team if the players we sign can get out of contracts simply because they change their mind.

Let’s take a look at Peachey when he went to the Titans, they held firm and now he is playing well for them.