News Absolutely farcical’ bunker decision shows that the NRL has lost the plot

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If that happens they’ll never attract new recruits. Who’d want to do that job when you’ve got people baying for your blood each and every week.

I’d like to see TK members volunteer to ref an NRL game at the speed at which it’s played and deliver flawless adjudication. Now that’s a game I’d watch :-).
So the teams and clubs pay the price for refereeing incompetency. And the nrl let it happen. They can never be wrong.

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Now watch annesley be a right ar$e and say all the decisions and subsequent charges were correct. "close but right", or "in my mind right, in Bulldog's supporters, wrong". tino 2 incidents and a fine? What does he have to do, kill Mahoney?

Why was Reed on report and again no charge (Preston comes to mind). At least he can come out and say, for once, we got it wrong. I don't care about the mistakes, they happen, but it sh!ts me beyond tears I never hear officials accept mistakes. They totally happen, just be honest about it
It does matter when it dictates the different between winning and losing.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So the teams and clubs pay the price for refereeing incompetency. And the nrl let it happen. They can never be wrong.
Instead of joining the chorus of the whinge do you have an alternative suggestion?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If that happens they’ll never attract new recruits. Who’d want to do that job when you’ve got people baying for your blood each and every week.

I’d like to see TK members volunteer to ref an NRL game at the speed at which it’s played and deliver flawless adjudication. Now that’s a game I’d watch :-).
I can't be a ref...

I actually played/coach/trained the game plus I have self respect.

So I don't meet their requirements lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I can't be a ref...

I actually played/coach/trained the game plus I have self respect.

So I don't meet their requirements lol
Maybe the whistle is an attempt at compensation for deficiencies elsewhere? :-).

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Maybe the whistle is an attempt at compensation for deficiencies elsewhere? :-).
I thought it was common knowledge that ref's are just pussies too scared to actually play and just want to ruin it for the ones that have the guts to play?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I thought it was common knowledge that ref's are just pussies too scared to actually play and just want to ruin it for the ones that have the guts to play?
One of my best mates who both played and reffed for circa twenty years and is a life member of the league would beg to differ. He’s adamant that there’s no corruption but that said he’d be the first to tell you there’s no shortage of tossers with a whistle and often it’s associated with short man syndrome. His main nemesis was Steve Clark if you remember him?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
One of my best mates who both played and reffed for circa twenty years and is a life member of the league would beg to differ. He’s adamant that there’s no corruption but that said he’d be the first to tell you there’s no shortage of tossers with a whistle and often it’s associated with short man syndrome. His main nemesis was Steve Clark if you remember him?
Yeah I remember that small man with small penis syndrome.

Your mate, does he say no corruption in his day or these days?

I'd believe him if it were back in the day but FFS these days it's like you're forced to question the agendas.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I remember that small man with small penis syndrome.

Your mate, does he say no corruption in his day or these days?

I'd believe him if it were back in the day but FFS these days it's like you're forced to question the agendas.
Both. He says the pace of the game is too quick for one referee since set restarts came in and that touchies don’t do enough which puts more pressure on the (wo)man in the middle. Says technology has complicated rather than helped the game and it’s hard to stay focussed when you’ve got people in your ear and trying to watch the play and keep control isn’t easy. That’s why I give it a little bit to fans who I don’t think fully comprehend how difficult a job it can be. Egos don’t help but the meek would get crushed too.