Aaron Woods on BSB (wants to stay at the club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck oath, we are top 4 for meters made. Spine is fucked.
Now that I can agree on 100%.

The effort is there!
Attitude is there!

But need someone to give us direction. We have none, and this comes from the spine.

We've been in all games this season, lost by 2, lost by 4, lost by 6 etc and led for 80% of the game.
We're missing someone to close out games.

Let's take the Broncos game for example...leading 20-14, if we had a decent halfback, we'd pop a field goal and then make sure our 5th tackle options are spot on so that field position is in our favor.

Souths game on Good Friday...we led the whole game with 2 minutes to go. Our halfback goes missing, even missed a kick right in front.

Same with Penrith game and also Tigers game...leading game and we get pipped in the last 10 minutes.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The effort is there!
Attitude is there!

But need someone to give us direction. We have none, and this comes from the spine.

We've been in all games this season, lost by 2, lost by 4, lost by 6 etc and led for 80% of the game.

Let's take the Broncos game for example...leading 20-14, if we had a decent halfback, we'd pop a field goal and then make sure our 5th tackle options are spot on so that field position is in our favor.

Souths game on Good Friday...we led the whole game with 2 minutes to go. Our halfback goes missing, even missed a kick right in front.

Same with Penrith game and also Tigers game...leading game and we get pipped in the last 10 minutes.
Been a consistent slide since we let Hodkinson go

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah we need a blake green/chad townsend type player who thrives on organizing the side and taking control of the kicking game. Would free foran up to just get involved in our attacking sets where he can be most effective
Free who? Foran?
The guy is useless. He takes up a valuable spot on the field. I actually think this weeks team is stronger because Foran isn't playing.
It's the first time we play with 13 men instead of 12 men. I reckon anyone on this site can do a better job than Foran, the guy is a cripple.
If he had the best interest of the club at heart, he would hang the boots up and free up $1m of cap space.

We need a new 1,6,7,9

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

The effort is there!
Attitude is there!

100% agree. Nothing to do with coaching and/or fitness. We struggle back end of games because of our poor game management which results in poor end to sets and general kicking which ultimately means less possession and more tackles. This would take the gas out of any team. Our halves are missing all game, its just that we feel it more at the back end because we are fatigued. We also have the worst repeat sets/forced dropouts in the comp by far.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id love to see montoya dropped and holland replacing him and that may be the difference in us winning games ,montoya is letting in 1-2 tries agame ffs pay make it happen

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no problems with him wanting to stay at the club just, PLAY BETTER!

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What Woods said.

"I'll talk to him over the weekend (my manager), but at the moment I want to be here, it's a great club the Bulldogs and I've really enjoyed my time here.
"(The club has) got some really good people, Dean Pay is unreal.

"I want to stay, but things happen, rugby league is a funny game but at the moment I know I'm here definitely.

"It sucks (the trade rumours) because the people around here are unreal, I've really enjoyed my time but things do happen in rugby league that are out of our control.
"The way you handle yourself is a testament to your character. If it's meant to be that I'm here, then I would love it and I'll stay, if not, I have to move on, it's just part of life.

"There's no point holding grudges because I've really enjoyed my time here. I just want to stay, but there's a realisation that I could not be here."
Reading between the lines, he means.

Get me out of here ASAP. :p

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s got no passion and is a money hungry ****. Fuck him off already.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is no firm denial from him, where there is smoke there is fire !!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well aaron show us from this game how much you wanna stay ,time to step up,if you play well consistently stay otherwise goodbye,its pretty simple if you get paid big bucks you have to perform

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have no pure old fashioned footballers in our side.
Our team is robotic and easyier to read than a golden book.
They are all athletes, not footballers.
Not all of them have to be, we need a couple though.
Until we sign a widdop/maloney type half we are going nowhere.
Groundhog year again.
And next year until we do.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm with you 100%, his main quotes were in past tense and I'm sure he said twice as well that he has enjoyed his time, he also said he wants to stay but if he has to go then so be it. (I'm summarizing)

I'm the read between the lines kind of guy and thats what I got out of it. Every one will see it in their own way
He's pretty much saying "I've liked my time here, but if I have to go elsewhere I don't have a choice".

There is no firm denial from him, where there is smoke there is fire !!!
I took from that that there is nothing for him to deny.

Meda: "Woods is going to Sharks/Roosters/Knights/etc etc"
Interviewer: "Woods are you going to Sharks/Roosters/Knights"?
Woods: *can't deny anything that isn't legit*

He wants to stay, media are linking him with everywhere else, and he hasn't spoken to his manager.

So unless his manager is shopping him around without him knowing, he wants to (and is happy to) remain at the Dogs.

Yeah and two weeks ago Hill said Mbye is going nowhere... What players, administrators and coaches say publicly is quite often the exact opposite of what is really going on.
Mbye was interviewed and was a complete and utter **** about things. Almost to the point of being smug about it.

He wanted out because he only cares about money, not the club he plays for.

Talks a lot but will never achieve anything unless he acts on it.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He wants to stay, media are linking him with everywhere else, and he hasn't spoken to his manager.

So unless his manager is shopping him around without him knowing, he wants to (and is happy to) remain at the Dogs.
Players tell their managers what to do & how much they want.

His manager can't shop him around without the clubs blessing, as he has a long term contract.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Players tell their managers what to do & how much they want.

His manager can't shop him around without the clubs blessing, as he has a long term contract.
Player managers can be complete bellends. If they can get get a larger chunk of commission by moving their client to another club (or shopping them around so that the club they are with pays an arseload more), then they will.

Most are only margianally higher on the morale scale of employment than Journos, dodgy Used Car Salesmen, and dodgy real estate agents.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...b/news-story/2d73e075811031e988cc28973ea3ed86

This article takes a few of his quotes as well.

“Each day I find out from my mates that I’m going to another club,” Woods said.
“I went away on the weekend and got away from everything, but my manager was down in Melbourne for Origin, so I’ll have a sit down with him over the weekend”.
“At the moment I want to be here because it is a great club the Bulldogs. I’ve really enjoyed my time here and it’s got some great people and Dean Pay is unreal”.
“I want to stay, but sometimes things can happen and it’s a funny game, but at the moment I’ll be here definitely”.
“It sucks a lot of the time because the people here are unreal, but sometimes things happen in rugby league and it is out of our control.”

Woods also opened up on his omission from the Blues, reaffirming his commitment to getting back into the team.
“Sometimes you don’t make Origin, but it is how you react and the way you handle yourself.”
“It is a test of your character, but if it is meant to be that I am here at the Bulldogs, I will love that and I’ll take it with both hands.”
“If not I’ll have to move on and there is no point holding grudges because I’ve really enjoyed my time here and I just want to stay.”
“But there is a realisation that I could maybe not be here and you have to get your head around that.”

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...b/news-story/2d73e075811031e988cc28973ea3ed86

This article takes a few of his quotes as well.

“Each day I find out from my mates that I’m going to another club,” Woods said.
“I went away on the weekend and got away from everything, but my manager was down in Melbourne for Origin, so I’ll have a sit down with him over the weekend”.
“At the moment I want to be here because it is a great club the Bulldogs. I’ve really enjoyed my time here and it’s got some great people and Dean Pay is unreal”.
“I want to stay, but sometimes things can happen and it’s a funny game, but at the moment I’ll be here definitely”.
“It sucks a lot of the time because the people here are unreal, but sometimes things happen in rugby league and it is out of our control.”

Woods also opened up on his omission from the Blues, reaffirming his commitment to getting back into the team.
“Sometimes you don’t make Origin, but it is how you react and the way you handle yourself.”
“It is a test of your character, but if it is meant to be that I am here at the Bulldogs, I will love that and I’ll take it with both hands.”
“If not I’ll have to move on and there is no point holding grudges because I’ve really enjoyed my time here and I just want to stay.”
“But there is a realisation that I could maybe not be here and you have to get your head around that.”
You are doing it again.

Graham, Des, Dib, Mbye............

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Player managers can be complete bellends. If they can get get a larger chunk of commission by moving their client to another club (or shopping them around so that the club they are with pays an arseload more), then they will.

Most are only margianally higher on the morale scale of employment than Journos, dodgy Used Car Salesmen, and dodgy real estate agents.
It wouldn’t be the case in this instance because Woods will still be getting paid exactly the same for the next 3 and half years no matter where he is playing in the NRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.