Aaron Woods celebrates game 250 today.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a highlights package on NRL.com.

You won’t see a lot when he wore the Blue & White colours.

Sorry to say it Dragon fans but feel the Titans can spoil Aaron’s party today.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Highlights package must be riveting.

Fair play to him he’s done well to rack up 250 games and make millions of $ out of the game with such limited ability.
It’s great for a laugh. I remember when he was with us, which wasn’t long thankfully, he’d dropped the ball by trying to push a miracle pass or just knock on when getting to his feet. They panned to Pay in the coaches box and he looked like he was having a coronary.

They had to let Woodsy go or Pay was going to end up in ICU.

Well done Aaron on reaching your 250th game.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Congrats , that’s a decent innings indeed
Peter
Gday
Russel
Gday
Clarkkkkkkeee
See ya later

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
imagine how many metres he ran backwards into the defence over 250 games?

Great effort to bring up the milestone

Last edited:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I have seen Woodsy in the wild twice.

The first time was just after he left us I think, I was visiting a grandparent in a hospital near Hurstville and I got into a lift in Bulldogs gear and fkn Woodsy walked in. I swear he smirked. I didn't say anything because I figured maybe his grandparent was sick too? I realised later he was probably visiting his new born. I should have had a sly dig in good humour, one of my greatest regrets.

The second time was more recent at Sydney Zoo. But he was with his family, so I did what any normal polite person would do I took a sly photo and showed some mates I saw Woodsy.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I have seen Woodsy in the wild twice.

The first time was just after he left us I think, I was visiting a grandparent in a hospital near Hurstville and I got into a lift in Bulldogs gear and fkn Woodsy walked in. I swear he smirked. I didn't say anything because I figured maybe his grandparent was sick too? I realised later he was probably visiting his new born. I should have had a sly dig in good humour, one of my greatest regrets.

The second time was more recent at Sydney Zoo. But he was with his family, so I did what any normal polite person would do I took a sly photo and showed some mates I saw Woodsy.
He was neighbours with my brother-in-law when he signed with us.

In the wild, I've seen:
- Ben Barba (in the local Coles, in 2008). I knew who he was but he still hadn't made his FG debut so other people had no idea who he was. No surprise he was in the sports drink section lol
- Josh Mansour (outside the local pub). And this was in the first off season when he shaved his thick beard off - I think around 2016. I didn't know who he was at first because of the non-existent beard, then when I saw those tree-trunk legs of his and it clicked
- Kevin Naiqama (in a car park) walking back to his car sweating carrying gym gear, obviously finished a session at the gym, and;
- Josh Addo-Carr (in the local Coles) walking through with his wife and child. This was in November so he was well and truly one of us at this stage.

Saw all 4 in the same suburb.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the most overrated players in the game. What amazes me with him, if one team doesn’t want him anymore he finds somebody who does. I really don’t get it.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Played 14 games for NSW and another 17 tests for Australia. Amazing

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His highlight is that soft hit up and quick play the ball that allowed Hodkinson to score the winning try in Origin.

Always thought he had a strange ability to stand in tackles and get a quick play the ball away.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
How many of those games were after he transitioned to Sharon?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
His highlight is that soft hit up and quick play the ball that allowed Hodkinson to score the winning try in Origin.

Always thought he had a strange ability to stand in tackles and get a quick play the ball away.
...and the idiot stuffed up the very next play and the ball hit his jersey from the kickoff.

1661399744597.png

We were LUCKY to get away with that... LUCKY. Then again QLD always got away with even worse calls than this.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
hahaha, the face that says "I have fucked up, and people will laugh..." :tearsofjoy:
And laugh we did, loud and long. I believe I didn't stop until about halfway through his first game in our colours.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I believe he’s triggered a clause in contract to run around again next year for saints. Haha, another year of him

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fair play too him , yeah we think he’s soft but then again we ain’t playing first grade …. Right ?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He was neighbours with my brother-in-law when he signed with us.

In the wild, I've seen:
- Ben Barba (in the local Coles, in 2008). I knew who he was but he still hadn't made his FG debut so other people had no idea who he was. No surprise he was in the sports drink section lol
- Josh Mansour (outside the local pub). And this was in the first off season when he shaved his thick beard off - I think around 2016. I didn't know who he was at first because of the non-existent beard, then when I saw those tree-trunk legs of his and it clicked
- Kevin Naiqama (in a car park) walking back to his car sweating carrying gym gear, obviously finished a session at the gym, and;
- Josh Addo-Carr (in the local Coles) walking through with his wife and child. This was in November so he was well and truly one of us at this stage.

Saw all 4 in the same suburb.
When I lived in Parra I used to see a fair few Parra players. One time Sandow rocked up to the dog park, he was with his (I assume) missus and he was trying to hide who he was with his hoody.

I'd love to bump into Barba now, bloody shitkunt.