Aaron Schoupps Impressive Performance

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hey at least he can cut his hair anyway he want at his own freewill
Your boy Elliott has said at least twice now he's had to change his look after his....indiscretions...
Oh yes, his "indiscretions" five NRL players a week commit worse indiscretions on any given Sunday. Elliott has never done anything as dumb as schoupp breaking the COVID bubble weeks after getting a first grade opportunity.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Gees you pick some strange fights !! You support Elliot and Okonbur and their performances which have been sub par for way too long. Yet you then pick on the 19 year old kid. Madness
Elliott and Okunbor have both shown ability....and Ok's defence looked impenetrable last week due to him not having to cover for Aaron the liability Schoupp. Both will be very solid players after Gus strokes their nipples a bit. Schoupp may be only 19, but the kid just doesn't have it. Tries hard, but can't step, can't tackle, can't make defensive reads, can't choose a sensible haircut.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Elliott and Okunbor have both shown ability....and Ok's defence looked impenetrable last week due to him not having to cover for Aaron the liability Schoupp. Both will be very solid players after Gus strokes their nipples a bit. Schoupp may be only 19, but the kid just doesn't have it. Tries hard, but can't step, can't tackle, can't make defensive reads, can't choose a sensible haircut.
Ill add some balance, okinbur imo played very well on the weekend, had some very strong carries out of bad ball. People forget he is coming off a very long lay off and it takes time to get match ready.
Elliot is a very good player. Solid first grader, no superstar but he can play.
Schoupp, only 19 , give the kid a chance, he is playing against seasoned pros who are going to target him in D. He has speed, a very strong carry, the rest will come. As you see in his highlight reels in junior reps, he can be a special player, but he is 19 playing first grade defending at centre. Very hard to do when your inside man is not defending well.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ill add some balance, okinbur imo played very well on the weekend, had some very strong carries out of bad ball. People forget he is coming off a very long lay off and it takes time to get match ready.
Schoupp, only 19 , give the kid a chance, he is playing against seasoned pros who are going to target him in D. He has speed, a very strong carry, the rest will come. As you see in his highlight reels in junior reps, he can be a special player, but he is 19 playing first grade defending at centre. Very hard to do when your inside man is not defending well.
I'll be nicer to him if TK looks after my boiz. But it has to be give and take.

I know I'm a little hard at him.....it's only to take the piss out of certain members who blame sonme players for everything under the sun, then place others whop clearly still have numerous areas of their games that need developing up on a pedestal. Plus, I really don't like the way he let his teammates down by breaking the COVID bubble so soon after getting his opportunity. I'd expect that from boneheads like Napa who are on their way out....not from young players like Schoupp and Wakeham who should be siezing their opportunities.

I know I go

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t see any balance here Steve.
Elliot is a 100 gamer and still a below par player. Ok still can’t catch.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If anyone is worried about Schoup’s defence , have a close look at Brent Naden. He doesn’t put his body on the line anywhere near as much as Schoup and his reads in a far superior side to the dogs is worrying at the least. Schoup in my opinion is a better defender than Naden.
And I add that Schoup needs to improve his defence but his contact in defence and attack is of a high standard. Hopefully with a better defensive coach and some better cattle in the team next year he may go well. Certainly can’t criticise a lot of his game for a 19 year old. He will only get better.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If anyone is worried about Schoup’s defence , have a close look at Brent Naden. He doesn’t put his body on the line anywhere near as much as Schoup and his reads in a far superior side to the dogs is worrying at the least. Schoup in my opinion is a better defender than Naden.
And I add that Schoup needs to improve his defence but his contact in defence and attack is of a high standard. Hopefully with a better defensive coach and some better cattle in the team next year he may go well. Certainly can’t criticise a lot of his game for a 19 year old. He will only get better.
Our fans will turn quickly on Naden imo, he's a good athlete but be has plenty of deficiencies in his game. He's more of a winger than centre but happy to have some extra options in the backline next season.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is so true. At centre you have to defend against the most athletic and fastest blokes on the field who have great footwork and are as strong as forwards.
And in a lot of cases, actual forwards - enter Fifita, Kikau and Topouniua to name a few