A wins a win

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I left the game last night with a bad taste in my mouth and my grandson heard me swear for the first time. It was pretty difficult to stay composed after such a promising start but maybe there is a positive to come out of it.

If we had won comprehensively, we may have gone into next week with an inflated opinion of how we were travelling and copped a hammering from the Storm.

Hopefully, the second half made the team realise that we are a long way from top eight quality and still have a lot of work to do.

Better to learn valuable lessons and still get the two points.
Great to hear you took yr grandson to the footy

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I left the game last night with a bad taste in my mouth and my grandson heard me swear for the first time. It was pretty difficult to stay composed after such a promising start but maybe there is a positive to come out of it.

If we had won comprehensively, we may have gone into next week with an inflated opinion of how we were travelling and copped a hammering from the Storm.

Hopefully, the second half made the team realise that we are a long way from top eight quality and still have a lot of work to do.

Better to learn valuable lessons and still get the two points.
Hopefully when you got home and read that we only had 7 fit players on the field in the second half the bad taste in your mouth dissipated.

Always a Bulldog

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
No 2 points are not two points. There are wins where you see the team gelling and actually looking like premiership contenders. The only thing we got out of this win is that mid-table teams are literally better than us even if they have a player short. A 26 point half-time lead still isn’t safe with us. We have a long way to go.
You pay no attention to the fact that we had 64% possession in the first half (a lot due to the rorters incompetence) and you cannot expect that to continue for the entire game. With their roster even if down to 12 you have to expect a change in the momentum. Our boys are not used to being in that position and struggled defensively I will agree, but they still showed that they can score given some modest possession in the second stanza. At the end of the day let's be fair.....I for one will take the two points.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro, it doesn't feel like a loss and in two weeks it will definitely feel like a win
Feels like a win to me. As we discussed earlier before the game if someone said to us:
1. We win by 4
2. We win by scoring 5 tries & not the last try
3. Burton finally unleashes scoring 3
4. Us winning sees Robinson show more red than a beetroot

We take all of the above scenarios. The club should always be about winning NRL games anyway possible with everything else meaningless cake decorations.

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You pay no attention to the fact that we had 64% possession in the first half (a lot due to the rorters incompetence) and you cannot expect that to continue for the entire game. With their roster even if down to 12 you have to expect a change in the momentum. Our boys are not used to being in that position and struggled defensively I will agree, but they still showed that they can score given some modest possession in the second stanza. At the end of the day let's be fair.....I for one will take the two points.
The NRL record for a comeback is 26 points. None of those comebacks involved the team coming back being down to twelve men. We literally almost witnessed the worst collapse in NRL history. If the game ended at half-time we would all have been jubilant with what we saw. I’m not denying how impressive our first half was. That second half performance, given the situation, ranks amongst the worst second half performances in NRL history. We still have a long road ahead. A 26 point half-time lead should be safe. If you think we should be happy scoring one try in the second half against a team who lost their fullback, halfback and had a player sent off, then your expectations for the Bulldogs are much lower than mine.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL record for a comeback is 26 points. None of those comebacks involved the team coming back being down to twelve men. We literally almost witnessed the worst collapse in NRL history. If the game ended at half-time we would all have been jubilant with what we saw. I’m not denying how impressive our first half was. That second half performance, given the situation, ranks amongst the worst second half performances in NRL history. We still have a long road ahead. A 26 point half-time lead should be safe. If you think we should be happy scoring one try in the second half against a team who lost their fullback, halfback and had a player sent off, then your expectations for the Bulldogs are much lower than mine.
When we only had 7 fit players for the 2nd half it was a quality effort to hold on for the win.

Always a Bulldog

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you're bit too harsh . The team is still learning to play 80 mins.