Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Things arent as bad as our 1-2 record suggests. We got beaten by a broncos side that has performed very well since then, and they almost beat roosters except for a last minute try. They weren't favourites to win that match. Then we beat a depleted sharks with a slightly depleted side ourselves as expected. Yesterday we were the underdogs and just about pulled off an upset. Penrith have been going very well this year so far and will be dramatically better than they have been in recent years, this year.

I think the disappointing things is with the personnel we have on paper we should be a lot better than we have been so far, and we look dramatically under done this year so far, so im wondering what the hell they did over the offseason? We need to lift and fast or we will be left behind.

The thing we need the most is STRUCTURE and with Des as coach im wondering why that is. Is Des beyond reproach because of his previous success as coach? I think DES has to lift his game the most.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our big men aren't running the holes... look at Boyd Cordner and that Guerra guy at the roosters...

Pearce calls the play, and they stand back. Cordner and Frank pull back and pretty much double team their halfback, with pearce slotting the ball to Cordner.

We need to do that. Our big men need to stand deep.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
not to mention our error count has decreased significantly, on top of that, our halves are improving.

i agree with all your points. top posts.

Klemmer in for t-rex
Mbye sub for Ennis
Its definitley time to put Ennis on the bench after the first 25 minutes, that time has now come, its very obvious & thats also how it should stay if he gets recontracted for next year - his defense is fine but its the attack, we need some fresh spark & zip along with some plays that arent so predictable, if we cant score points & get accross then whats the point?
In saying that Penrith got away with murder yesterday continuously lying all over us & on top of that they looked to be offside a lot of the time.
Very frustrating game to watch.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Our big men aren't running the holes... look at Boyd Cordner and that Guerra guy at the roosters...

Pearce calls the play, and they stand back. Cordner and Frank pull back and pretty much double team their halfback, with pearce slotting the ball to Cordner.

We need to do that. Our big men need to stand deep.
Only players that we have are capable of doing that are Pritchard and Graham who get gang tackled cos the rest of our forwards are blobs (T-wreck, Kasiano), plodders (Tolman etc) or easy meat for the opposition (Jackson etc)

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only players that we have are capable of doing that are Pritchard and Graham who get gang tackled cos the rest of our forwards are blobs (T-wreck, Kasiano), plodders (Tolman etc) or easy meat for the opposition (Jackson etc)
Finucane? Klemmer?

Burr should be in the rotation.. He would fit perfectly into that role.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Finucane? Klemmer?

Burr should be in the rotation.. He would fit perfectly into that role.
Finucane is easy meat and Klemmer needs to get more minutes.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Finucane is easy meat and Klemmer needs to get more minutes.
Fiucane would be hard to handle IF he ran the right lines....quite frankly as would most mobile forwards.
O Hanlon is capable of this too. Josh Jackson did it in his first year, but seems to have forgotten.
Dare I say this comes with practice?

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
another positive is i think this is the first time ive seen des go mental at the guys.
Yep, he was going crazy at half time, I can only imagine what they copped after the game. Will be a tough week at training this week. We will beat the Storm on Saturday!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the positive is perrett and his fullback play, saved a try and is a black hole that gobbles up everything in his vicinity

with taller wingers we would win the game

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Yep, he was going crazy at half time, I can only imagine what they copped after the game. Will be a tough week at training this week. We will beat the Storm on Saturday!
on the footy show today, they interviewed reynolds after the game & the bloke was truly shattered. i felt sorry for him.

but yeah losing next week is not an option.

the positive is perrett and his fullback play, saved a try and is a black hole that gobbles up everything in his vicinity

with taller wingers we would win the game
i was impressed with his de-fusing of bombs. just needs to lurk around the ruck a bit more esp with klemmers offloads, but overall quite happy with his performace.

had lafai not dropped ball and/or placed his foot on line, we win that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.