A positive thread: Josh Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson has a heart of a lion the bloke would run through a brick wall for us.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He's a bulldogs through and through.

He's got mongrel

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too bad the prick has turned him into a tackling machine and nothing else.
Wont let him offload or pass before the line
Just a battering ram and tackling machine

He's a real players coach this prick aye !

Reactions: DT

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I fell bad for Jackson. Was probably one of the best young second rowers in the Comp a few years ago but last year got no ball.

He is one player that is definitely missing Trent hodkinson. When Jackson was at his best he was running off lines from our half back. Shame in 2016 we played without halves.

We did see a few glimpses of a new game plan in round one. Let's hope it's dry this week to see if our halves can run to the line and use jacksons speed and strength on the edges to break through (like he used to from 2012-2015).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I fell bad for Jackson. Was probably one of the best young second rowers in the Comp a few years ago but last year got no ball.

He is one player that is definitely missing Trent hodkinson. When Jackson was at his best he was running off lines from our half back. Shame in 2016 we played without halves.

We did see a few glimpses of a new game plan in round one. Let's hope it's dry this week to see if our halves can run to the line and use jacksons speed and strength on the edges to break through (like he used to from 2012-2015).
Jackson has always run off Reynolds other than that period when Reynolds wasn't in the side and our halves were Mbye/Hodko. Jacksons hole running is garbage when compared to other top line edge forwards...but we can't really put that on him considering the style of play.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Love the way he rushes out of the line and puts a one on one hit on. Great player

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The team might cost him his NSW jersey.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
JJ will be the NSW captain
He will be lucky to make the starting side if our form continues this way. Cordner, Merrin and Frizell would make a stronger backrow imo.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will be lucky to make the starting side if our form continues this way. Cordner, Merrin and Frizell would make a stronger backrow imo.
Merrin would be lucky to make the side if Panthers continue to play like the way they did last week.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Merrin would be lucky to make the side if Panthers continue to play like the way they did last week.
i doubt the Panthers will play like that for much longer..but he was one of the best forwards in the game last season. NSW should have a gun backrow anyway..theres a few players they could pick in each position that are more than good enough to be there.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Josh Jackson and Josh Morris as captains in my opinion.

OR (and this would be hilarious) ... Josh and Brett Morris. Confuse the shit out of the refs.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Too bad the prick has turned him into a tackling machine and nothing else.
Wont let him offload or pass before the line
Just a battering ram and tackling machine

He's a real players coach this prick aye !
The bloke can definitely offload I seem to remember some ti Barba during late 2012 season.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not as down on Des usually but I agree with the point on Jackson being a battering ram. He either can't (because he's not allowed) or won't pass, I think the first. So many times he makes half breaks on the edge and won't pass to support or, more usually, has no support. It was the same all last year. He and Klem were still our best by far! Please let him off the leash.

jag248

New Pup
Reaction score
Can josh jackson have seen with will hopwate? im tired of his lack of effortlessly play, d & a

Status
Not open for further replies.