A Minor Season Review....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Time For The Blood Letting... so lets make it constructive.

Firstly, at 57 yrs old, and born a Berries baby, I think that I have a lifetime of supporting this mighty Club as credentials to voice my opinion... plus a draw, shed and house full of Doggies Stuff to go along with it....

Right now, it is time to dispense with the season's reflection. That is for things we already know... Impotent attack, lazy defence and zero commitment. Players dictating when they will or won't play...

Where do we sit in relation to other clubs... where do we sit in achieving a ninth premiership. In my lifetime, this is now the second longest period without a Premiership. The once mighty Belmore Crew have been reduced to a rabble. A young enthusiastic bunch outplayed an experienced group like ours. We are just to slow and not well coached. We have no imagination in attack, or any idea on how to control the game. Our kicking game is mediocre. And we have played the same style of footy for the past three or four seasons.

For years, I wished for the days when I could watch my team play at that most spiritual of home grounds... my beloved Belmore. We now sit at 1/4. Belmore is now our Graveyard. If we can't lift for Belmore, then when will we..??.. I spend a lot of my childhood at Bemore, and there is still skin from my knees on the back of the Terry Lamb Family Hill. The history of this club is immense, and with every poor year, we do damage to our brand. So what now....???

1. I have been a great supporter of Des.. The day he left Manly to come to my club, I rejoiced.... loudly.... but now, five seasons on, it is time for Des to make the decision and move on. I don't want him pushed, I want him to make that decision himself. But I have to say that along with Des, the whole coaching staff also.

Resolution.... Hire Ivan Cleary. Let him being fresh ideas, coaches and a way to rid ourselves of the boring footy style we have...

2. At All Cost... get Foran to this club. We need a half that has the ability to be that link between the backs and forwards... Foran is quality, and once he undergoes an off season with this club, we will see the best of him. Same with Jamal.... get them back healthy, fit, and who knows, we may just play some entertaining footy.

3. Mybe to No: 9. Lichaa is not up to the task.

I can go on, but right now, I'm tired, I'm spent.... My footy team have disappointed me.... I don't want to think about this until tomorrow....

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't of hit the nail much harder on the head.

However, I am quite dubious over Foran. Do we really want someone with well publicised mental health issues (no offense to anyone), criminal links,
gambling problems, addictions, centre of betting scandal etc at our club for a short term fix? Could really be detrimental in the long run..

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2017 is a write off.

Foran is a mess.

Bring in a coach now and let him rebuild as of next year.

2017 you have players off contract such as
Ash Taylor
Mitchell Pearce
Valentine Holmes
Jason Taumololo

With Tolman, Lichaa, Hoppa, Eastwood all off contract we will have alot of $$$ to play with to build a great squad with the correct coach and recruiters.

They would come in 2018 while you will have players like Graham, Moz Bros in there final years.

Next year is a crucial year in regards to recruitment for the next half decade

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting comments.. I wholeheartedly agree with the comment of this post. Foran is a must!! I'm not to sure on Idris though.. he would have to play in the reserves and prove he his worth it.

SOS to Pritchard to come back from the super league

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What about Kane Elgey? I think he'll struggle to get into the Titans team next year with Taylor/Roberts.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about Kane Elgey? I think he'll struggle to get into the Titans team next year with Taylor/Roberts.
Elgey is signed till 2018.

Taylor is currently on 200k and there's no way Titans can fork out big $$$ with the signings they have made

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taylor, Taulomolo would definitely be a step in the right direction..

mixa79

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mbye is a centre at best Ennis would have been justified keeping for 2 more years. I'm just wondering why he hooked Reynolds so late on especially with the game in the balance, and then reinstalled very late on, there is obviously a problem with the coaching staff and players especially after the comments from Reynolds last week

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbye is a centre at best Ennis would have been justified keeping for 2 more years. I'm just wondering why he hooked Reynolds so late on especially with the game in the balance, and then reinstalled very late on, there is obviously a problem with the coaching staff and players especially after the comments from Reynolds last week
Reynolds wasn't hooked he came off for a concussion test when Latu hit him late.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Reynolds was hit during a kick, and the back of his head bounced off the ground. He was a HIA.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Idris definitely isn't worth it. If people aren't happy with Hoppa not wanting to play Sundays, Idris doesn't want to play any day.

Also think Ivan Cleary is overrated. He has a habit of going into clubs and cleaning them out like Brian Smith always did 10 years back, but just like Brian Smith none of those clubs have actually succeeded at anything. Unless the Panthers go on to win the Grand Final this year (which is highly unlikely) then Cleary is just another Des. He did nothing to improve the Warriors and hasn't really done anything to show that what he is doing at the Panthers is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.