A legend's advice to Kieran Foran: go to Canterbury and play for Des Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bennet is known to recommend players to Canterbury and was a big reason we were successful with the 2009 recruitment of 4 Broncos players.

What a guy.
He did that because he himself was leaving the Broncos.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
t-Rex gone that's 600k there, spammy perret gone, that's another 250k, tim browne another 200k, hmmm, we don't have to shed as much as we think, fuckn oath get him

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Other than the welfare of Kieran and father too son like advise,Des nor the board have even entertained the idea of signing him.This is media talk trying too put Reynolds under the pump.Happens year in year out.Once the dogs get going,the media try to dis stabilise our team.We talk at seasons end.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Other than the welfare of Kieran and father too son like advise,Des nor the board have even entertained the idea of signing him.This is media talk trying too put Reynolds under the pump.Happens year in year out.Once the dogs get going,the media try to dis stabilise our team.We talk at seasons end.
I have felt this way for a long time about the way the Dogs player contracts are constantly played out in the media. Not just a general report like other clubs.

It is next level type shit. Multiple reports as if a memo to other clubs; Canterbury are poised to re-sign gun halfback/forward 'x player' is considered a franchise player or game breaker or powerhouse and by the way Canterbury, a number of other unmentioned clubs have tabled massive overs so if you want keep him, you will have to pay dearly for your franchise player that you devoloped that isnt really a franchise player because they arent in a key position; nudge nudge wink wink.

Followed up by constant imminent, on the verge of signing reports.

Meanwhile Broncos re-sign 4 origin players and sign up another teams 'franchise player' and follow it up the next year signing another teams 'franchise player' and it is all done hush hush.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone's carrying on like he's Hitler, what's he done that's sooooo bad that you wouldn't even consider having him at the club?

Match fixing allegations probably have no substance other than his sightings at TABs, oh no quick call the national guard, a wealthy young man who likes a punt. We can't have that.

Parramatta is a basket case, I don't take anything from Foran's treatment of that club as their rot starts from the board down. Joke of a club.

He's depressed about the breakdown of his relationship and it's obviously affecting him very seriously, but with time he'll get over it and back to his best.

He's a champion player and a natural born leader, the guy would take our club to premiershipS.

IF
he gets his headspace cleared, his body sorted and he's ready to rejoin the NRL and we don't have a crack at him we're fucking idiots as far as I'm concerned.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Bennet is known to recommend players to Canterbury and was a big reason we were successful with the 2009 recruitment of 4 Broncos players.

What a guy.
Bennet was also the one who also told Todd Greenberg that Des was having issues with manly and is a coach we should go for. Hence why we poached des from Manly.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant believe all the negative comments about getting foran to our club......he is what we are craving for.....he is the missing piece in the jigsaw puzzle.....he just needs the right peoplw around him and time to get his head together.....hasler would be perfect for foran.....and please all this bs that we cant afford foran and he would take up too much of our salary cap.....cronk slater and smith at thr storm.....three marquee players and they still have decent players around thrm

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

What a guy.
We could have signed Bennett, but chose Moore instead and gift wrapped him for the Dragons

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He can toe the line if he wants to, so give him a place where he wants to be.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree with those who think Foran is a missing piece of the prem puzzle for us. Big time. He needs to sort his life and his head space. Though I believe Des and the club are the right choice for him and he will have everything fall back into place with us and lead us to glory if we are smart enough to work with him.

Let Williams, Browne, Perrett bro's go. If needed part with Tolman. Sign Foran. Allow a year with J Reynolds & Mbye around to work out the best options and then move forward from there.

1. Hoppa
2. B Moz
3. J Moz
4. Rona
5. Smith
6. Mbye
7. Foran
8. Klemmer
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Fine
13. Eastwood

14. Reynolds
15. Kasiano
16. RFM
17. Fuafalo

I'm also sure we could find some decent bench forwards inplace of Lloyd or Tim Browne if we cut them.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Kieran Foran move leaves Josh Reynolds’ Bulldogs future uncertain again

Paul Crawley, The Daily Telegraph
July 8, 2016 9:00pm

ONLY this week Josh Reynolds admitted the uncertainty surrounding his future at the Bulldogs last year had a negative impact on his football before Trent Hodkinson quit the club.

But after building a successful halves partnership with young gun Moses Mbye this year, it appears a fresh round of speculation is about to start with the Bulldogs set to chase Kieran Foran.

A local Canterbury junior, Reynolds is signed up until the end of next year.

But it would be hard to see how the club could fit Reynolds, Mbye and Foran all under the salary cap.

With the Bulldogs now in the NRL top four ahead of Saturday night’s game against Wests Tigers, Reynolds was even being touted as a possible replacement for the injured Adam Reynolds in the NSW team this week before Matt Moylan got his recall.

And earlier in the week he conceded to The Daily Telegraph that the uncertainty of last year weighed heavily on him before Hodkinson decided to take up an offer at Newcastle.

Asked if he felt like he would be the one forced out, Reynolds admitted: “Yeah. Well, we really didn’t know, 100 per cent. It is one of those things isn’t it, you know, I am no world beater.

“I am no Thurston. I definitely haven’t got a cemented spot, especially when there is three classy players going for two positions. It is how footy goes because there is only two halves and there was three halves here that were fighting for the spot.”

But he admitted it played on his mind, and impacted his football.

“It did. For me, that can be a bit dangerous,” he said.

“That is what I felt I have done this year. I am trying to calculate everything I do and not just act on emotions. I feel last year because I was only getting 10 to 15 minutes sometimes I would go out there and just try too hard and it would be the worst thing for me.

“It is a lot easier this year, that is for sure.”

Asked if he sat down and spoke with coach Des Hasler about his concerns, Reynolds said: “Not really, no. For him, he probably just wanted to get the best out of all of us I reckon.”

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds would not be the one to go...Josh Reynolds can make mistakes and by his own thinking he is not a world beater but for me I would hate to lose him. Personally I would have him at hooker over Lichaa but Foran doesn't solve the problem as he is also a 5/8th as is Mbye...look I would love to have Foran at Canterbury, who wouldn't but not at the expense of Joshy Reynolds

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People saying sign him up and cut this player, that player and another two players... that leaves your squad with 3 less players and no room to upgrade say a... Reimis Smith.
There's no patience either with giving our halves time to come up with combinations. Coote, Thurston and Morgan put on the best set plays in the game. But they have had time to do that. We still can't be sure when BMoz is fully fit who plays where? Or does Hoppa plays finals?
Yet the thinking of some seems to be sign Foran win Premiership.
He is not worth 1.3mill a season. DCE is on about the same and that's why Manly are doomed to not win a premiership in the next 10 years. Plus it is not just Foran's state of mind you are taking a risk on, his shoulder is also a concern.
I know it is hard to be patient but i don't think we have given Moses and Reynolds enough time to be sure we need a Foran.

Status
Not open for further replies.