News 5 Talking Points

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is my favourite part - “As well as hiring former Bulldogs to coach their pathways teams, the club have also adopted a new motto for their junior academies of ‘bred, not bought’, a slogan featured on banners at games during 2004, the last time the Bulldogs won a title.”

Bred not bought! Well at least if you’re under 20?

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know what... Ive seen worse Bulldogs teams make the finals tbh, just need to play as a squad!

1. Crighton / Taafe
2. Wilson / Kiraz
3. Kiraz / Crighton
4. Xerri / Tracy
5. JAC
6.Burton
7.Sexton / Hutcho
8.King
9.Mahoney
10.Knight
11.Kikau
12.Presto
13.Curran

14. Sutton
15. Hughes
16. RFM
17. Hutcho / Taafe / Mann / Salmon / Turpin

Standby forwards
Fasu
Patolo
Morrin
Edwards
Hoffman
Kautoga

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know what... Ive seen worse Bulldogs teams make the finals tbh, just need to play as a squad!

1. Crighton / Taafe
2. Wilson / Kiraz
3. Kiraz / Crighton
4. Xerri / Tracy
5. JAC
6.Burton
7.Sexton / Hutcho
8.King
9.Mahoney
10.Knight
11.Kikau
12.Presto
13.Curran

14. Sutton
15. Hughes
16. RFM

Standby forwards
Fasu
Patolo
Morrin
Edwards
Hoffman
Kautoga
Prop forwards lacking.. otherwise not bad..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

1. Crighton / Taafe
2. Wilson / Kiraz
3. Kiraz / Crighton
4. Xerri / Tracy
5. JAC
6.Burton
7.Sexton / Hutcho
8.King
9.Mahoney
10.Knight
11.Kikau
12.Presto
13.Curran

14. Sutton
15. Hughes
16. RFM

Standby forwards
Fasu
Patolo
Morrin
Edwards
Hoffman
Kautoga
If we sign a quality experienced prop (e.g. Klemmer) for next year I'll yolo tip us to make the 8, we'll need a lot to go our way but at least there'd be a small chance...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we sign a quality experienced prop (e.g. Klemmer) for next year I'll yolo tip us to make the 8, we'll need a lot to go our way but at least there'd be a small chance...
Klemmer and King in the middle would be nice dropping Knight to the bench. Would take alot of heat off Kingy aka Vaughan's role.

Doubt it will happen though, maybe for 2025 with AFB.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

This is my favourite part - “As well as hiring former Bulldogs to coach their pathways teams, the club have also adopted a new motto for their junior academies of ‘bred, not bought’, a slogan featured on banners at games during 2004, the last time the Bulldogs won a title.”

We used buy a lot of parra juniors during that bred not bought time too lol

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Teams always did it including Canterbury, signing teenagers from all over Australia and NZ drafting them into their own junior leagues calling them their own, it's when teams like Manly and the Rorters poached other team's established players caused so much resentment...
A team like Melbourne relatively with no juniors successful adapted to and implemented our own blueprints with the help of none other than our own Bullfrog and son-in-law Chris Anderson.
I feel they've stolen our thunder, I don't hear or see their fans complaining !

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

1. Crighton / Taafe
2. Wilson / Kiraz
3. Kiraz / Crighton
4. Xerri / Tracy
5. JAC
6.Burton
7.Sexton / Hutcho
8.King
9.Mahoney
10.Knight
11.Kikau
12.Presto
13.Curran

14. Sutton
15. Hughes
16. RFM

Standby forwards
Fasu
Patolo
Morrin
Edwards
Hoffman
Kautoga
way more first graders and depth than the side we played with this year and while that pack is still small it will offer more go forward than a pack with thompson and TPJ

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just our props that are lacking. We really need Hughes and Patolo to stand up.
Knight and King too. The potential is there, it’s just that based on last season we can’t expect those players to do anything remarkable. They’ve all got it in them though. Even Sutton can be better. Hopefully they all have a big season.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Knight and King too. The potential is there, it’s just that based on last season we can’t expect those players to do anything remarkable. They’ve all got it in them though. Even Sutton can be better. Hopefully they all have a big season.
And then there is RFM and Poasa Faamausili. Surely one of these guys can give us something this season.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
way more first graders and depth than the side we played with this year and while that pack is still small it will offer more go forward than a pack with thompson and TPJ
It will basically be the pack we started the season with in 23, adding Curran and a fit and firing Hughes.

Good chance we'll see the best from RFM too, whilst the new boys will add some needed spark and starch when called upon.

Spoke to Kiraz today, told him the boys look fitter this year, he said definitely and also much happier.

I think we have a very solid and well rounded squad.

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It will basically be the pack we started the season with in 23, adding Curran and a fit and firing Hughes.

Good chance we'll see the best from RFM too, whilst the new boys will add some needed spark and starch when called upon.

Spoke to Kiraz today, told him the boys look fitter this year, he said definitely and also much happier.

I think we have a very solid and well rounded squad.
I think Gus and Ciraldo are quietly confident in the squad. The forward pack will surprise most on the forum.