3 loses this season and in those 3 games the main ref was either Cummins or Sutton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
30 years ago my uncle said to me referees win matches.
The standard of refereeing in our game is absolutely atrocious. I’m sitting here watching the Melbourne v Cronulla game and there’s been about 800 penalties. Frustrating.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was ridiculous, the fans are there to watch the players not the referees. i would rather them not penalise certain things for both teams and let the game flow and the best team wins. same goes for the storm vs sharks, 5 minutes left and 31 penalties in the game. turning it into gridiron

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just watched Sharks v Storm

I hate both

But

Refs atrocious

Even. Commentators were frustrated

Makes refs in Union look awesome

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souffs just ended up winning, they were shit most of the game but they kept getting penalty after penalty and stayed in the game.
After 15 minutes i thought we would win by 40 then injuries and ridiculous penalties awarded one way destroyed any chance we had to win that game.
We dropped the ball on the back of constant pressure and a few ‘usual suspects’ are rubbish, Cummins decided todays result.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tood greenberg thinks hes making the game faster but not working you fuckin jewish money grabbing ****.

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Dogs don’t beat Canberra next week, they’re facing a potential 1-6 start, given the following games are against the cows and Roosters. Our draw is ridiculous, tbh

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don’t forget who else was at the game today... referee ‘coach’ Michael McGuire... nothing to see here, move along
We were never really meant to have a chance

dog 4life

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The club has to take emediate action with the nrl about these cheating refs and it has to be now .. enough is enough

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know how many penalties souths got on the 4th/5th tackle.

I swear at least 90% came on the 5th. Blatant cheating

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Or we could grow up and stop blaming the refs for our woes.

Today we were just shit.
We should never blame the ref but today we were not shit, opinion only, ref and few terrible mistakes from Francis an brown cost us. I thought we were good otherwise, we defended like crazy. I haven't seen a team recently with so much against them (ref & possession) put in so much. The heart is there.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Or we could grow up and stop blaming the refs for our woes.

Today we were just shit.
The try where josh Jackson was still getting into position alone makes up the difference and that’s not even factoring in that absurd penalty count. The possession rate in the first half would wear out any team... and there’s no way they were policing Souths as consistently as they could have while they were hammering us with fifth tackle penalties.

Anout time people looked st what is happening... do you really think it’s coincidence our win percentages are so low under those two referees? This is an ongoing trend that has been going on for years now...good form and bad... we lose more often under Sutton and Cummins.

It’s no accident.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ve always hated Cummins even more than Sutton. They both have cartoon character heads you want to drop an acme anvil on
For me.................the Suttons are worse, only because there are two of them

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's time our club spoke up about this... absolute joke that a referee should be allowed to cheat in the modern game and cost a side a win.. only to apologise and somehow that reverses the damage done.

NRL need to implement a 3 strikes policy agreed by a separate board made up of current coaches or players.

If a ref gets 3 strikes for failing to officiate a game fairly and unbiased:
1st strike - stood down for a week.
2nd strike - stood down for a month.
3rd strike - employment terminated.
Hahahaha seriously??? Come on mate, thats fucking rediculous! Who is gonna replace them?
He certainly cost us a try today, but i dont see how you can say it was intentional. He was definitely at fault though.
Id rather have a captains challenge. Id rather see the bad decision reversed rather then the ref dropped.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I was sitting with 15 other non-Bulldogs (and 3 doggies) blokes in an apartment in NZ watching the game and the comments about the ref were really no different to any other game of footy. I may be in the minority here but at this time of the season in order to get the teams to get back ten, not wrestle, not backchat and not slow down the play if they have to blow the pea out then so be it. It will get us by mid-season to a point where the game will be faster and more open. Yes you can argue about this penalty or that but overall we did the crimes and you have to cop it. All teams get away with a few here and there and we did too. Sure it's frustrating at the moment but we are on the up.

There is no doubt that we were the best team last night but we were effectively our own worst enemy. Losing Mbye hurt us badly and then Tolman on top of it didn't do us any favours, but one thing it did show was that Tolman is still a much better player than either of Fualolo or Tualau. It wasn't a single thing that got us beat but a culmination. Tualau dropping two balls at crucial stages, Hoppa's fumble of the difficult bomb with 5 to go, Brown getting the ball knocked out of his hand to name a few just stopped us from getting a roll on. For mine all the players showed a real dogs of war mentality out there and kept working for each other. Even Montoya aimed up big time tonight at least defensively so good on him.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Having a hard time watching the game today can’t be a bigger dogs fan but the game is won or lost at the hands of 2 men the refs the 26 players on the field can be gladiators but that won’t make a difference (ie) watch tonight’s game no wonder the crowd numbers are down this is getting worse than the cricket !!!!,!!!!!!!!
Cummins handed the game to the Rabbits on a silver platter. Must be corrupt!

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the refs have been terrible this season with all the penalties but this is all on the team they have been trash for a couple years now and nothing is changing

Status
Not open for further replies.