2nd Super League player suspended after sleeping with teammate's missus this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First ex-Rooster Justin Carney and now Brett Ferres

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...league-star-Brett-Ferres-caught-cheating.html

ENGLAND rugby league ace Brett Ferres was filmed bedding the wife of his club team-mate and best man by his own missus.

Devastated Amanda Ferres, 29, is said to have walked in on him and Victoria Huby, 30, who is married to his Super League pal Craig Huby.

A source said Amanda caught them on camcorder last week and sent the footage to Craig, 29.

Craig, best man at their wedding in April, is said to be “crushed”.

Huddersfield Giants suspended Ferres, 29, and other players refuse to play with him again.

The source said: “Amanda was suspicious. She walked into the house unexpectedly with a camcorder and caught them at it.”

Ferres has apparently been kicked out by Amanda.

Victoria arrived at her home in Castleford, West Yorks, yesterday but soon left.

Neither couple, who both have two children, commented.

The club said it has launched an investigation.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd say turn about is fair play Amanda and Craig should console each other without regrets.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I am sure this happens a lot more than is reported on. Some of the women who go for footy players aren't the kind of women I would expect to be faithful, and same goes for your average footy player too. Would shag anything that is coming near them.

Malla

Reaction score
In a word - No.

She left him due to ongoing issues surrounding depression, anger, drinking and gambling.
Yeah. I don't understand where that rumor of Anasta and Sherwins missus began. She was gorgeous though.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Yeah. I don't understand where that rumor of Anasta and Sherwins missus began. She was gorgeous though.
She's Larry Britton's daughter. I had a mate who lived two doors up from them.

Poor guy. A shame that had a big impact on his later performances.
Shifty was plagued by demons most of us could never imagine. He had a relative (cousin from memory) who committed suicide. The club had the salary cap issue. Then Coffs. All the while he was killing it, and we won the GF.

Ultimately he was surrounded by the 'blingers' who loved a drink and to be fair those mates were probably trying to lift Shifty out of some dark times, but it all lead to bad choices ... and in the end, I guess too many bridges got burned.

In order to believe the Anasta rumour is true, you have to get past the thought that Braith, who lost his Dad to suicide, could do that to Shifty. It seems a bit of a stretch.

mygdok

Waterboy
Reaction score
At the time the rumours were that Anasta had an affair with Sherwins wife, had an affair with Lolesi's wife, and had an affair with someone else's wife (can't remember who). And there was a picture that did the rounds of Anasta with a woman who looked quite a lot like Sherwin's wife (of course, it could have been perfectly innocent).

We have gun players. They take us to a premiership, or a grand final. Then the rumours start up about players sleeping with others partners, trying to disrupt team harmony. We are not the AFL, nor do we have Wayne Carey playing for us.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap.

At least Justin Carney and Brett Ferres were only accused of rooting a teammate's wife. Other Super League players have been accused of far worse, it seems...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-humber-35487178

A Hull Kingston Rovers player has been charged with child sex offences.

West Yorkshire Police said rugby league player Adam Walker "was charged on 27 January 2016 with two offences of attempting to engage in sexual activity with a child".
Mr Walker, 24, from Shipley, will appear at Wakefield Magistrates' Court later this month.
He joined the Super League team in 2012 having previously played for Huddersfield Giants.
In a statement, Hull Kingston Rovers said it was aware of the charges brought against Mr Walker.
The club added: "The matter is under constant review by the club and until such time as the situation changes the club will continue to support Adam and he will remain available for selection."

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
Funny how different societies act isn't!
In the UK a man is accused of a serious sexual assault on a minor (which if found guilty they should castrate him) but his club stand behind him until he is PROVEN guilty.
In AUS a man get drunk acts like a dick but doesn't really hurt anyone and its pitch forks and torches and everyone and their dog (pun intended) wants to crucify him.

I know which one is more representative of a modern society!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Funny how different societies act isn't!
In the UK a man is accused of a serious sexual assault on a minor (which if found guilty they should castrate him) but his club stand behind him until he is PROVEN guilty.
In AUS a man get drunk acts like a dick but doesn't really hurt anyone and its pitch forks and torches and everyone and their dog (pun intended) wants to crucify him.

I know which one is more representative of a modern society!
Difference is the matter goes to court later this month in the UK. In AUS it'd drag on for years.

In other words:
+ UK club sticks by player till March. If he's found guilty in court he'll be sacked.
+ AUS club sweeps incidents under the mat or allows player to contintue playing for another 6-9-12 months until the courts deal with it.

You can't compare the two incidents either. Closest we can use to compare situations is the Brett Stewart incident. The NRL suspended him and hung the guy out to dry, and eventually he was found not guilty/had charges dropped. Yet he sat out an entire season.

So in many ways the two situations are comparable in modern society.
UK player charged in Feb, dealt with by courts by March 2016 (and a decision made on players future then).
AUS player charged March 2009, dealt with by courts March 2010 (and a decision made on players future then).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What did he do, accidently root an underage girl? I

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did he do, accidently root an underage girl? I
"Tried to".

Could be anything from getting the number of a girl he thought was 16, who turned out to be only 15 and pestering her right down to grooming someone he knew was way underage. No details yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.