2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Taafe
2. JAC
3. Critta
4. Tracey
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. Hughes
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran

14. Mann
15. Knight
16. Patolo
17. Salmon

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Taafe
2. JAC
3. Critta
4. Tracey
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. Hughes
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran

14. Mann
15. Knight
16. Patolo
17. Salmon
1 Tracey
2 Kiraz
3 Crichton( 2 C's, No G's in his name ffs)
4 Burto
5 Fox . . .until further notice
6 Hutch
7 Sexton . . . A.K.A Starsky
8 The
9 Forwards
10 Will
11 Be
12 As
13 Expected
14 Taaffe
15 Hughes
16 TBC
17 TBC
Xerri will be in the 13 by round 5, Burton will then play 6, Hutch will the play 14 and Taaffe will drop out of the squad, barring injury

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agreed. JAC is simple BETTER than Xerri, until proven otherwise, and Burton is simple BETTER than Salmon. People are getting too caught up trying to squeeze their "new favourite toys" in, at the expense of rep players? LAUGHABLE! And this isn't a dig at 4Runner, this seems to be happening a lot in these "Wishlists". Good enough to play for NSW/PM's 17/Australia, but NOT good enough for the Bulldogs... :sweatsmile:
Sounds like a dig to me buddy but Im too old to really give a shit. Well maybe a bit because Im confused.

I included the reasoning behind my hypothetical picks, for my hypothetical team. Did I mention hypothetical? I mentioned it was difficult because I think finally we have competition for spots and depth. I explained my team structure and the hypothetical roll people hypothetically play under certain hypothetical conditions and game plans. Ive also said I cant decide my hypothetical smoky bolter at 17. Its nice to see you stick up for JAC, his is achievements are always embedded in history. All that doesnt disappear when some virtual bloke in a cloud posts in a thread that literally has the words '...whos in YOUR team.' in it. Sure I added abit of sacasm but thats just the way I roll. You laughed so Im happy about that.

Geez Im almost exhausted. So the confusion is about how its percieved as a 'new favourite toy' squeezing exercise? Are you sure you're not squeezing in a few new toys of your own...and thats not a dig mate.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a dig to me buddy but Im too old to really give a shit. Well maybe a bit because Im confused.

I included the reasoning behind my hypothetical picks, for my hypothetical team. Did I mention hypothetical? I mentioned it was difficult because I think finally we have competition for spots and depth. I explained my team structure and the hypothetical roll people hypothetically play under certain hypothetical conditions and game plans. Ive also said I cant decide my hypothetical smoky bolter at 17. Its nice to see you stick up for JAC, his is achievements are always embedded in history. All that doesnt disappear when some virtual bloke in a cloud posts in a thread that literally has the words '...whos in YOUR team.' in it. Sure I added abit of sacasm but thats just the way I roll. You laughed so Im happy about that.

Geez Im almost exhausted. So the confusion is about how its percieved as a 'new favourite toy' squeezing exercise? Are you sure you're not squeezing in a few new toys of your own...and thats not a dig mate.
By the way …. Welcome to TK mate … just mentioning, the thread is “Starting 17 … Who’s in your team …

Not ..

“Starting 17 (hypothetically) … Who’s in your team (hypothetically)…

You may have mentioned the word “hypothetical” in your comment, I’m not sure, but the thread was clearly asking you to name who you’d start with if given the opportunity …

Obviously everyones welcome to name who they like in their starting team, but to leave JAC out who’s Australian & SOO left wing and put Xerri there instead, who’s a question mark after 4 years out, that’s clearly going to raise an eyebrow or 10 …. You may have your reasons, but you’ve got to expect people to question it.

Take JAC’s individual try’s out of our 2023 season and where would the team have finished on the ladder … ?

Xerri might well prove to be a bigger asset than JAC, but you’d think he’d need to prove it first before just walking in game 1 ‘taking his spot ..

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
NRL
1 Tracey
2 Kiraz
3 Crichton
4 Xerri
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Sexton
8 King
9 Reed
10 Knight
11 Kiks
12 Presto
13 Curran

14 Mann
15 Morrin
16 Hughes
17 Salmon

Cup
1 Taaffe
2 Wilson
3 Semrani
4 Xerri
5 Skelton
6 Hutchison
7 Bailey Haward/Biondi Odo
8 Patolo
9 Turpin
10 Fa'amusili
11 RFM
12 Kautoga
13 Edwards

Reactions: ATT

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL
1 Tracey
2 Kiraz
3 Crichton
4 Xerri
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Sexton
8 King
9 Reed
10 Knight
11 Kiks
12 Presto
13 Curran

14 Mann
15 Morrin
16 Hughes
17 Salmon

Cup
1 Taaffe
2 Wilson
3 Semrani
4 Xerri
5 Skelton
6 Hutchison
7 Bailey Haward/Biondi Odo
8 Patolo
9 Turpin
10 Fa'amusili
11 RFM
12 Kautoga
13 Edwards
You want Xerri playing twice? [emoji23]

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I ask why people are putting Xerri and JAC on the same left side, both have really good speed, wouldn’t it be better to split them and have speed on both left & right side ..

Put Crichton on the left beside JAC to strengthen the defence and break tackles, he’s smart, he’ll get the ball to JAC with room to move ? … plus with Kikau there the opposition are going to stack up their defence on that side which should leave plenty of space on the other side for Xerri, Presto and Kiraz ..

Legitimate question …

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Can I ask why people are putting Xerri and JAC on the same left side, both have really good speed, wouldn’t it be better to split them and have speed on both left & right side ..

Put Crichton on the left beside JAC to strengthen the defence and break tackles, he’s smart, he’ll get the ball to JAC with room to move ? … plus with Kikau there the opposition are going to stack up their defence on that side which should leave plenty of space on the other side for Xerri, Presto and Kiraz ..

Legitimate question …
Since Crichton is playing fullback he can "get the ball" outside to Tracey, Kiraz, Xerri or JAC and the ball inside to Preston or Kikau.

Always a Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Crichton is playing fullback he can "get the ball" outside to Tracey, Kiraz, Xerri or JAC and the ball inside to Preston or Kikau.

Always a Bulldog
I’m ok with that … but if he’s centre I’m hoping to see him on the left side & Xerri on the right … speed both sides ..

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To put things into perspective, Storm made the top 4 with Meaney at fullback… let that sink in for a moment.

We don’t necessarily need a ‘rockstar’ fullback but I think all of the options Tracey, Taaffe and Crichton all have more x-factor than Meaney.

All of our possible fullback options are better than the Storm. We are slowly building a stronger roster.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One essential in selections is thet Taaffe must get a start.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Crichton is not playing fullback

Sometimes a Bulldog

kamaryn

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Still can't decide if I prefer Tracey centre/Crichton fb or Tracey fb/Crichton centre. I think we all agree that Tracey is better at fb than centre; and that Crichton is probably the best centre in the game. My question though is what is the potential ceiling for Crichton at fb? I don't think Tracey will ever be a great fullback but if Crichton succeeds there he could be amazing. So it's a question of risk-reward and I don't know where I'm leaning.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Still can't decide if I prefer Tracey centre/Crichton fb or Tracey fb/Crichton centre. I think we all agree that Tracey is better at fb than centre; and that Crichton is probably the best centre in the game. My question though is what is the potential ceiling for Crichton at fb? I don't think Tracey will ever be a great fullback but if Crichton succeeds there he could be amazing. So it's a question of risk-reward and I don't know where I'm leaning.
I think Tracey is better centre than fullback. of the 3 I'd rate him at fullback behind Crichton and Taaffe, and Taaffe is a better halfback than fullback.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
CC all but confirmed Crichton will start the season at centre the other day.

He said his number one focus is getting the balance right across the team. Crichton is a better centre than fullback & Tracey is a better fullback than centre.

That being said I think Tracey misses out on fullback at the start for Taaffe. Even though I believe Taaffe’s future does see him end up in the halves.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some bloke with shitty mo predicting the dogs lineup