2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Taaffe is such a lol selection by our fans. Incredibly average fullback at best who's probably a better half. Many of our fans don't actually watch other teams play and only saw him carve up that useless price EQW when they played us and suddenly think he's a great option at fullback.
Your opinion of him being incredibly average is way off and I think you need to start watching games with your eyes open.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Taffe
JAC
Xerri
Chrighton
Kiraz
Burton
Hutchinson
SST
Mahoney
King
Kikau
Preston
Curran

Salmon
Edwards
Knight
Faasumlli
Doesn't give you a hard on but I dont mind that team. Might toggle with the bench though...

To think we even have guys like Sex, Patolo, Mann, Perham, Sutto, Hughes, Morrin, Booth, Semrany, Turpin, Wilson and Skelly as depth is so refreshing.|

Hardest part for the coaches will be sorting out the line-up and having it settled as soon as possible.... Gonne be an interesting pre season.

Last edited:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’d personally leave out the utilities

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Crichton has played the most minutes out of anyone this year 2,397

So what do we do when he goes down for 2 months

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Your opinion of him being incredibly average is way off and I think you need to start watching games with your eyes open.
Probs not.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agreed but he's better than Perham & Crichton should be a centre.
We've spent a billion dollars on Crichton and have Burton flopping at 5/8 currently so we really can't afford Crichton not to be a success @ fullback at this point imo. 24 is going to be another shit season, just give him the year there and pray he delivers. If not then pray Papalii or another junior come from no where and force there way into the side.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We've spent a billion dollars on Crichton and have Burton flopping at 5/8 currently so we really can't afford Crichton not to be a success @ fullback at this point imo. 24 is going to be another shit season, just give him the year there and pray he delivers. If not then pray Papalii or another junior come from no where and force there way into the side.
You don’t compound mistakes by making more mistakes. Crichton is a top 2 centre in the NRL. He should be playing centre. Let Taaffe play fullback until Papalii is ready to take over.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You don’t compound mistakes by making more mistakes. Crichton is a top 2 centre in the NRL. He should be playing centre. Let Taaffe play fullback until Papalii is ready to take over.
I don't want to

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You could say a bottom team, wooden spoon potential, signing a top 2 centre playing for the best team in the competition (to play centre) is a mistake tho. How much impact is Crichton going to have at centre here in our team. Then you have to factor in his salary. With all this considered I don't see how we can play him anywhere else bar fullback if you're looking for value in the salary cap.

Last edited:

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could say a bottom team, wooden spoon potential, signing a top 2 centre playing for the best team in the competition is a mistake tho. How much impact is Crichton going to have at centre here in our team. Then you have to factor in his salary. With all this considered I don't see how we can play him anywhere else bar fullback if you're looking for value in the salary cap.
Fuck, might as well make him coach and get MAX DOLLARS out of him!!

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Crichton
2. Addo-Carr
3. Xerri
4. Kiraz
5. Wilson
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. Sutton
9. Mahoney
10. King (c)
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran

14. Mann
15. Takeijau
16. Faasumlli
17. Knight

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not to sure yet.
All I know is I want Patalo spend all 24' in NSW cup playing a full season before being a fulltime first grader in 25'.
Our middles are weak now, no more pressure on kids that have had injuries / aren't ready.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am not a big Wilson fan. Very bad defence. Very bad reads. He is a rocks or diamond player. Due to this fact I’d almost start xerri and critta in the centres to allow kiraz to play wing. Yes a hypothetical kiraz. Taafee, fox back 3 isn’t massive. But you’d hope xerri and Critta getting involved with carting the ball up on the second and 3rd tackles would allow our forwards a chance to get back and we can make some decent yardage.

If Wilson is a winger and Critta is a fullback I fear for another long long year at the bottom of the ladder.

Also you’d have to find a spot for Hutchinson I’d say. Even if it was in the halves with Sexton and moving Burton to centre which I wouldn’t do just yet. He is one of the better more established players we picked up (isn’t saying much) he can also play centre, halves, lock, second row and hooked. One of the most all round Utilities in the league. But a hard trainer, good tackler and someone you’d want in your 17.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m also concerned with Taaffe.
I think he’s got a good little attacking game and can add value, but a lot of my mates are Souths fans, and being totally transparent, they said watching games they liked him and wished they kept him as back up, but the amount of times he got picked up and forced back for a drop out, or just totally manhandled coming off the line is a real… real concern. We can’t be going into the season pinning our hopes on him being out solid FB option.