Official 2024 SG Ball, Harold Matts Squads , Scores and Team News

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
trust me there are alot of good local forwards there not given a chance, only local forward in the starting 17 pretty sure was ony seve, rest are non local/qld kids, and most of the stand outs of the sgball team yesterday where the locals, woods, seve, rinakama, rest of the kids enjoy the free flights the doggies give them
If some are still in School as our side is u-18 maybe this was the only game some Qld players could play? Or maybe it was a bit of a trial for them to see who to persist with and keep flying down?

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it’s only one game but the Matts and Ball seasons are very short. I think it’s more important Ball do well this year considering the talent and money invested. Therefore should we raid Matts etc for some forwards?
Massive game next week for SG Ball against Newcastle who defeated Canberra by 50.

Will be played in stinking hot Cessnock ... Penrith at Penrith the following week.

The draw has done us no favors ...

Not writing us off in SG Ball but the signs are ominous ....

Fortunately, Woods and co will likely be part of the Flegg squad moving forward.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Massive game next week for SG Ball against Newcastle who defeated Canberra by 50.

Will be played in stinking hot Cessnock ... Penrith at Penrith the following week.

The draw has done us no favors ...

Not writing us off in SG Ball but the signs are ominous ....

Fortunately, Woods and co will likely be part of the Flegg squad moving forward.
Yeah that was a big loss last week seeing as we are playing likely one of the strongest teams this week (who we beat in the matts gf) and Penrith are always pretty good. Yep agree hope Seve is up to playing flegg this year and then hopefully cup and fingers crossed some NRL to the back end of 25.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Young and spinks didnt stand out
Rogers hooker worst hooker ive ever seen
Conti offers nothing
Rogers won player of the match in the Mal Meninga Cup GF for Redcliffe, he can defintely play.

Did abit of searching and was shocked out just how many kids in the SG Ball squad have been recruited externally from QLD in the last 2 years.

Alex Conti (Balmain Tigers)
Bailey Myers
Bronson Emery (St George Dragons)
Bronson Reuben (Canterbury NZ)
Bud Smith (Western Clydesdales)
Chelden Hayward (Canterbury NZ)
Chris Makhlouf
David Leota (Ipswich Jets)
Fanafou Seve
Hamish Wilson (Northern Tigers)
Jayden Smith (Sunshine Coast Falcons)
Jed Reardon (Canberra Raiders)
Ratu Rinakama
Jett Day (Western Clyedsdales)
Joseph Teaupa
Kaleb Eaton (Northern Pride)
Lachlan Mifsud (North Coast Bulldogs)
Latrell Fing (Dubbo CYMS)
Logan Spinks (Northern Tigers)
Massimo Mari
Mitchell Rogers (Redcliffe Dolphins)
Mitchell Woods
Mohammed Hadid
Oliva Smith (Ipswich Jets)
Oscar Jorgensen (St Josephs College Rugby)
Pat Young (Balmain Tigers)
Roy Tatupu (Mt Albert Grammar NZ)
Shaye Faa'aoga (Kelston Boys High NZ)
Sheldon Abbey
Sione Siulua (Souths Logan Magpies)
Sosaia Alatini (Canterbury NZ)
Sosaia Kaufusi
Sosefo Finau (Western Suburbs Magpies)
Taj Hughes (De La Salle Caringbah)
Taj Matthews (Sydney Roosters)
Tyrus Salanoa (St George Dragons)
Zaidas Muagututia (Parramatta Eels)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Rogers won player of the match in the Mal Meninga Cup GF for Redcliffe, he can defintely play.

Did abit of searching and was shocked out just how many kids in the SG Ball squad have been recruited externally from QLD in the last 2 years.

Alex Conti (Balmain Tigers)
Bailey Myers
Bronson Emery (St George Dragons)
Bronson Reuben (Canterbury NZ)
Bud Smith (Western Clydesdales)
Chelden Hayward (Canterbury NZ)
Chris Makhlouf
David Leota (Ipswich Jets)
Fanafou Seve
Hamish Wilson (Northern Tigers)
Jayden Smith (Sunshine Coast Falcons)
Jed Reardon (Canberra Raiders)
Ratu Rinakama
Jett Day (Western Clyedsdales)
Joseph Teaupa
Kaleb Eaton (Northern Pride)
Lachlan Mifsud (North Coast Bulldogs)
Latrell Fing (Dubbo CYMS)
Logan Spinks (Northern Tigers)
Massimo Mari
Mitchell Rogers (Redcliffe Dolphins)
Mitchell Woods
Mohammed Hadid
Oliva Smith (Ipswich Jets)
Oscar Jorgensen (St Josephs College Rugby)
Pat Young (Balmain Tigers)
Roy Tatupu (Mt Albert Grammar NZ)
Shaye Faa'aoga (Kelston Boys High NZ)
Sheldon Abbey
Sione Siulua (Souths Logan Magpies)
Sosaia Alatini (Canterbury NZ)
Sosaia Kaufusi
Sosefo Finau (Western Suburbs Magpies)
Taj Hughes (De La Salle Caringbah)
Taj Matthews (Sydney Roosters)
Tyrus Salanoa (St George Dragons)
Zaidas Muagututia (Parramatta Eels)
Potential heap of the ol' dreaded homesickness there to disrupt our teams going forward? :(...hope not :/

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potential heap of the ol' dreaded homesickness there to disrupt our teams going forward? :(...hope not :/
Absolutely ..... it really does play a big role with young players.

Weatherall Stacey, a standout from last season was the last of many who have succumbed to homesickness.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many years ago, we signed the captain of New Guinea, Bal Numapo, he was regarded as their greatest player.

He blew everyone away at training .... fastest and strongest player by a street ... Bullfrog was chuffed thinking he had found a real gem.

Only problem was he was from the "highlands" and was absolutely terrified of traffic and Sydney in general.

Lasted two weeks.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Many years ago, we signed the captain of New Guinea, Bal Numapo, he was regarded as their greatest player.

He blew everyone away at training .... fastest and strongest player by a street ... Bullfrog was chuffed thinking he had found a real gem.

Only problem was he was from the "highlands" and was absolutely terrified of traffic and Sydney in general.

Lasted two weeks.
Damn.

Didn't we in the old days have the young lads staying together somewhere? I seem to remember an Aunty of the Bulldogs or something along those lines? She'd help them settle etc.?

Or is that just my imagination?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Damn.

Didn't we in the old days have the young lads staying together somewhere? I seem to remember an Aunty of the Bulldogs or something along those lines? She'd help them settle etc.?

Or is that just my imagination?
Still do - have a number houses in Belmore where they stay - re HM and SGball short season and the fact that the Dogs fly players in n out for games etc means that a lot dont stay down here long unless they get upgraded to flegg after the jun rep season.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone live at the doggy vs knights Matt’s game?
I know doggies won but why did they crumble in the second halve?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just signed up for a free trial to NSWRLTV app to watch SG ball live and there’s only recorded games?! Don’t tell me they charge you and don’t even show live games?? That will be an easy cancellation if so.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just signed up for a free trial to NSWRLTV app to watch SG ball live and there’s only recorded games?! Don’t tell me they charge you and don’t even show live games?? That will be an easy cancellation if so.
Only 1 game per week is live. Not sure if it means u can go back and watch all other games

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only 1 game per week is live. Not sure if it means u can go back and watch all other games
Yeah I forgot that they only used to do a few games every round. That means only highlights will be available for other games. Dammit I wish I had of remembered this before doing the free trial, I would have waited for our games to be streamed.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Any reason doggy sg ball getting belted when doggies supposedly got the best kids from
Around the country ?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any reason doggy sg ball getting belted when doggies supposedly got the best kids from
Around the country ?
Since a minute before ht last week to 15minutes into first half this week they have let in 52 points - dont know about this week but last week after the first 20 minutes thye got completely outmuscled

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching round 1 sg ball and gee it’s going to be exciting to watch Woods over the coming few years. His speed of the mark, reading the play and clean up work is at such a high standard. In less than half an hour, he has scored an individual try from sleight of hand near the tryline, he has made a break or two, taken an intercept and cleaned up an in goal grubber and managed to get into the field of play. The kid definitely has it.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sg ball done great to come back and now be in distance of winning, but someone needs to take the tee of woods for now. No matter how good he is [emoji23]

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They’ve lost it late after coming back and leading