Official 2024 SG Ball, Harold Matts Squads , Scores and Team News

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Number 8 seve is a serious player. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him debut late this year or early next especially with our thin stocks at prop

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Boys is there replays on the app,I didn’t watch the second halve of the sg ball game

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Terrible bench and terrible rotations has cost them. Has to fall on the coach that
Tend to agree cant go into games with so many light weight players - completely outmuscled once the two props went off. Seve n Woods were still very good despite losing. Finau (11) and Alatini (16) also seemed good. Dogs had too many significantly smaller players on the field at the one time.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tend to agree cant go into games with so many light weight players - completely outmuscled once the two props went off. Seve n Woods were still very good despite losing. Finau (11) and Alatini (16) also seemed good. Dogs had too many significantly smaller players on the field at the one time.
So bad coaching then?
I had a bad feeling of Turner being coach and ruining their development.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So bad coaching then?
I had a bad feeling of Turner being coach and ruining their development.
Too early to say just one game 6 tries to 5 - Dogs started well BUT the roosters scored 36 points from 1 minute before ht to 5 minutes before full time. As i alluded to for much of game the dogs had three small forwards and the Roosters dominated - not too sure if they have many other big forwards in the squad - but i cant see having so many lighter players will be successful - one is ok. Others may have a different opinion.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Young and spinks didnt stand out
Rogers hooker worst hooker ive ever seen
Conti offers nothing
Tbh Conti was getting dreadful service from dh, both hookers ordinary and forwards weren’t holding there own midway through that second half but yeah was quite. Defended well

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
THere was a good crowd at Belmore yesterday - having the 4 games brought out a lot of friends n families of players and created a good atmosphere - apart from the huge dogs coaching staff in attendance and heap of players from across the grades (pretty much all of flegg) - couple of Laundy's, Trent Robinson, Braith Anasta, JWH, board members, Gus, khoury.

Mataelava Booth was there - didnt look fit at all.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Too early to say just one game 6 tries to 5 - Dogs started well BUT the roosters scored 36 points from 1 minute before ht to 5 minutes before full time. As i alluded to for much of game the dogs had three small forwards and the Roosters dominated - not too sure if they have many other big forwards in the squad - but i cant see having so many lighter players will be successful - one is ok. Others may have a different opinion.
Having the starting props off for as long as he did was the game breaker. As well as the starting 9 zidias who I didn’t mind at all. Definitely can tell he’s a massive pest

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tbh Conti was getting dreadful service from dh, both hookers ordinary and forwards weren’t holding there own midway through that second half but yeah was quite. Defended well
Yeah quite harsh on Conti. He was quite but poor service from the 14 and the amount of errors really killed his ability to get involved

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
THere was a good crowd at Belmore yesterday - having the 4 games brought out a lot of friends n families of players and created a good atmosphere - apart from the huge dogs coaching staff in attendance and heap of players from across the grades (pretty much all of flegg) - couple of Laundy's, Trent Robinson, Braith Anasta, JWH, board members, Gus, khoury.

Mataelava Booth was there - didnt look fit at all.
To be expected I guess. Probably been unable to run for a whole year. Probably a good test for him. If he can show the discipline needed to get fit will get another contract.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Having the starting props off for as long as he did was the game breaker. As well as the starting 9 zidias who I didn’t mind at all. Definitely can tell he’s a massive pest
the 9 obviously has ability but at times he overplayed it

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I know it’s only one game but the Matts and Ball seasons are very short. I think it’s more important Ball do well this year considering the talent and money invested. Therefore should we raid Matts etc for some forwards?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know it’s only one game but the Matts and Ball seasons are very short. I think it’s more important Ball do well this year considering the talent and money invested. Therefore should we raid Matts etc for some forwards?
No, the sgball squad is about 30 players. Should have some back up. IMHO the side yesterday was not balanced yet they could still have won. I know we want to win every game every comp BUT more importantly have one or two standouts. I think both woods and seve are standouts.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
trust me there are alot of good local forwards there not given a chance, only local forward in the starting 17 pretty sure was ony seve, rest are non local/qld kids, and most of the stand outs of the sgball team yesterday where the locals, woods, seve, rinakama, rest of the kids enjoy the free flights the doggies give them

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
trust me there are alot of good local forwards there not given a chance, only local forward in the starting 17 pretty sure was ony seve, rest are non local/qld kids, and most of the stand outs of the sgball team yesterday where the locals, woods, seve, rinakama, rest of the kids enjoy the free flights the doggies give them
One of the out of state players is carrying a lot of weight - not sure how much club training he has done.