Official 2024 SG Ball, Harold Matts Squads , Scores and Team News

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Man, our Mats boys are killing it. Watched a couple of their recent games on that MLP Live channel during the week. They just flat out bullied Penrith. Very physical forwards that actually play like a pack. We've got some talent coming through.

48 - 6 now after 50 minutes
Are Penrith starting to drop off in juniors?? I got no idea really, other than looking at tables. They out of top 8 in both junior rep comps. Be good if they don’t produce for at least a couple of years

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are Penrith starting to drop off in juniors?? I got no idea really, other than looking at tables. They out of top 8 in both junior rep comps. Be good if they don’t produce for at least a couple of years
I am of the belief that they have lost some depth - players going elsewhere to get a game and the fact that all clubs across Sydney are expanding pathways - players are being flown in from interstate to play in Hm n SGBall - leveling the playing field.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I am of the belief that they have lost some depth - players going elsewhere to get a game and the fact that all clubs across Sydney are expanding pathways - players are being flown in from interstate to play in Hm n SGBall - leveling the playing field.
Very true but they also have selective development of juniors. Jet Cleary is already being discussed as a promotion to flegg to help his overall development and reduce shots being taken at him.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was only a matter of time, success never lasts forever, I believe Penrith had the jump on every nsw side with the junior pipeline that was created when everyone else had neglected theirs, and it wasn't till their first grade side was having success that everyone else took notice and realised they must do the same if they wish to have similar success, accepting it will take time (several years) to get the junior systems up to scratch, clubs like us and wests realised it's still a better long term option than constantly trying to buy a premiership with no success. So I don't necessarily believe Penrith are getting that much worse I think it's more the other teams like us that are just catching up.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How good would it have been to have all grades playing at Belmore this week, would've loved to have our juniors experience that atmosphere.
Not sure if the young ones train the day before a game, yet I’d hope that the promising juniors are at the game on Saturday, watching nsw cup and the big boys

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Hammondville oval this Sunday the place to be. Got our Harold Matt’s into SG ball into jersey Flegg.
Nice stuff. Alatani is a weapon, I know he is a Kiwi, but played Matts for us so could he be up for u19s origin, who else could get a call up? Woods? Maybe Seve and Seve? The FB in flegg also looks to be quite good. From those vids we have seemed to have found a few more forwards with a bit of size.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice stuff. Alatani is a weapon, I know he is a Kiwi, but played Matts for us so could he be up for u19s origin, who else could get a call up? Woods? Maybe Seve and Seve? The FB in flegg also looks to be quite good. From those vids we have seemed to have found a few more forwards with a bit of size.
Big fan of Alatini, especially when he plays on the right side. That first try he scored last week was pure speed, explosiveness and footwork ... a long way to go but one day we might just see Preston on the left and Alatini on the right.