Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Arthur " we only have a handful of players willing to play the 80" Gutho agreed
Arthur’s fault for having a back on the bench. Should’ve had 4 forwards & played them all over 30 min each instead of overplaying your starters.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon the Titans would have flogged Parra tonight...they are always trash in Darwin
Parra had Moses out, that's it. Dolphins had 7 players out. The whole 'it was a bit hot in Darwin' thing is bullshit. It's their choice to take games there. Brad Arthur has been there for about a decade, they lose one player, and they are a basket case.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Parra had Moses out, that's it. Dolphins had 7 players out. The whole 'it was a bit hot in Darwin' thing is bullshit. It's their choice to take games there. Brad Arthur has been there for about a decade, they lose one player, and they are a basket case.
All I'm saying is you can't take an isolated match and say JMK is the better player, considering against a team who turned up for the second half last week he went unnoticed.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Barrett should be promoted.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think I was quoted earlier in the year saying Fuller should be FB and not Hammer.
Averillo should miss out at full strength imo.
1. Fuller
2. Isaako
3. Farnworth
4. Hammer
5. Bostock

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again Eels are a completely different team away from CommBank and until they get a new coach they’re simply not a premiership threat.

As Doggies fans we can always take solace in that Eels fans have and are doing it tougher than us. They seem to cling on to the hope that “this is their year”. 38 years on and still nothing to celebrate.

It’s like they’re comfortable with mediocrity having both Arthur and TB steering the ship. “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result”.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think I was quoted earlier in the year saying Fuller should be FB and not Hammer.
Averillo should miss out at full strength imo.
1. Fuller
2. Isaako
3. Farnworth
4. Hammer
5. Bostock
You're probably on point here, I just wonder how Fuller would go defensively himself, as well as organising defence against good teams.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard its something to do with their sponsor being involved with Medicinal Cannabis
There was concerns from NRL that Alternaleaf (Dolphins sponsor) wasn’t trading in accordance with TGA, hence they had to cover the logo last night.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
just in regards to how Dragons are playing under Shane... some commentators say there's not enough elite talent to go around for new teams, but it seems more as though there's a lack of quality coaches.. Lomax's form alone this season is a great example of the difference a quality coach can make.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was only half watching the Eels collapse, because I was bored, but were the conditions a major factor? From my half watching they were getting picked apart in the second half. It was like they had no right side defence.

No excuse though as both teams had to deal with it. I don’t buy the argument that Queensland teams can handle it better. For one, many pf the players aren’t from Queensland but most importantly I would only agree with that if we’re talking about FNQ, as ime of many trips to Qld, it’s only north of Rocky or so where it gets really bad.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was only half watching the Eels collapse, because I was bored, but were the conditions a major factor? From my half watching they were getting picked apart in the second half. It was like they had no right side defence.

No excuse though as both teams had to deal with it. I don’t buy the argument that Queensland teams can handle it better. For one, many pf the players aren’t from Queensland but most importantly I would only agree with that if we’re talking about FNQ, as ime of many trips to Qld, it’s only north of Rocky or so where it gets really bad.
I remember making a comment that the game was going to blow out after half time, I just thought it would be in Parra's favour. It was always going to be a case of whoever got the momentum would do a job because the players were drenched in sweat early in the game; it looked like putrid conditions to play footy in. Guth took a penalty shot when Parra were 4 points up, they dropped the ball during the next set and barely saw it again.