2024 Round 5 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have one 7 who is solid in defence but wouldn’t run out of sight on a dark night, and one that runs around a bit but can’t tackle..

Our turnaround this year has been our defence and using it for field position. Losing Taffe and shifting Burton to centre and Critta to FB and adding Sexton totalling fucked our rhythm in the second half.

You would almost consider Mann at 7 over Sexton..although most likely out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We have one 7 who is solid in defence but wouldn’t run out of sight on a dark night, and one that runs around a bit but can’t tackle..

Our turnaround this year has been our defence and using it for field position. Losing Taffe and shifting Burton to centre and Critta to FB and adding Sexton totalling fucked our rhythm in the second half.

You would almost consider Mann at 7 over Sexton..although most likely out.
You know we conceded 3 tries before Sexton even got on the field and Burton shifted to centre?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know we conceded 3 tries before Sexton even got on the field and Burton shifted to centre?
Yes, and you can cheer for Sexton all you like, but he is not the answer at all.

1st one Kiks wrong footed and Curran/Crighton get beaten.

2nd one Kiks Critta and Hughes beaten one out.

3rd one Kiraz drops a bomb…

Even the 4th one Critta had a clean shot on Manu and was beaten.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes, and you can cheer for Sexton all you like, but he is not the answer at all.

And?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Burtons defence and attack is better at 6 and Crittta is a gun centre but average at best FB.
You're changing your narrative from post to post :tearsofjoy:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're changing your narrative from post to post :tearsofjoy:
Blake Taffe was injured in first half and we are up 26-0

Second half players are shifted around and we fall to bits, how am I changing my narrative? You comment on Burton being shifted after 3 tries have been scored and yet he wasn’t involved in any of the first 4 tries against us.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

That Kiraz drop was a bad one. Worst game I’ve seen him play I think. Him and critta were average and we still won, great signs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well first you blamed Sexton and Burton moving to centre for fucking our rhythm when we were well and truly fucked before that stage. Now you're backtracking and putting forth some other argument because you were caught out.

The reality is we let them back in because Ciraldo doesn't seem to have a plan to cover a single injury to the backline and we disrespected the roosters when they went a man down. Barely minutes after moving to fullback Critta is putting in second tackle kicks. Burton, Mahoney and Hutcho all failed to take control and we put forward one of the most embarrassing halves of football all season.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well first you blamed Sexton and Burton moving to centre for fucking our rhythm when we were well and truly fucked before that stage. Now you're backtracking and putting forth some other argument because you were caught out.

The reality is we let them back in because Ciraldo doesn't seem to have a plan to cover a single injury to the backline and we disrespected the roosters when they went a man down. Barely minutes after moving to fullback Critta is putting in second tackle kicks. Burton, Mahoney and Hutcho all failed to take control and we put forward one of the most embarrassing halves of football all season.
It’s been the same in most games played this year. Halfway through second half, or around that mark. We get exposed in behind the play the ball badly. Teams just continue to hit us in behind and make 70m sets. Often with restarts late in the count.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score

Manu double movement and the ball looked to be half a bread loaf away from the line ffs. Critta actual stopped Manu getting the Ballon the line but refs decision was dogshit

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That Kiraz drop was a bad one. Worst game I’ve seen him play I think. Him and critta were average and we still won, great signs.
I said that as well this morning when my son was watching the replay. 99/100 Kiraz is all over that.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

What the fuck are you going on about. I simply was referring to how after Taffe got injured and we started shuffling players around we lost our way.

I wasn’t arguing with you or anyone else so I am not back tracking from anything. 26-0 up with Taffe and everyone in their roles and then 4-26 against after they shuffled.

What are you being an itch about now? Fuckin triggered biarch

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Manu double movement and the ball looked to be half a bread loaf away from the line ffs. Critta actual stopped Manu getting the Ballon the line but refs decision was dogshit
No doubt a couple of 50/50 calls again, but also a couple of poor defensive efforts after a brilliant first 40.