2024 Round 5 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LATRELL’S BRAIN FADES

Fox League’s Greg Alexander has questioned the tactics of Souths star Latrell Mitchell, who was put on report twice in the first half for separate incidents.

The first of those, Mitchell’s swinging elbow on Shaun Johnson, is likely to garner a suspension and cost the Rabbitohs their best player during what is a tough time on the field for the club. After the loss, Souths are now last on the NRL ladder.

Mitchell has often come under fire from fans and the judiciary for some of his unnecessary behaviour on the field, and Alexander wondered what “goes through” the fullback’s mind sometimes.

“I really don’t know what goes through Latrell’s mind on occasions, threw an elbow out on Shaun Johnson and it was blatant,” Alexander said.

“I said on the call he was lucky he’s still on the field, to throw and elbow out like that at a defender who’s coming in at head height, very lucky to be on the field.

“Then at the back-end of the half, when Souths had the Warriors under a little bit of pressure he was put on report again for a lifting tackle.

“I really don’t know why, Latrell … he knows not to put his hands between a player’s legs and lift, that’s a no. Don’t do that, but Latrell just gave the Warriors an easy passage.

“I don’t know what goes through Latrell mind at different stages.”

1712387523644.png
Obviously not very much....

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What a disgusting fucking decision calling that a try. That will fucking do me with this Corrupt fucking officials and game

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And he is doing a two week suspension, for what was less. Murray sustained no injury, the suspension is meant to be a deterrent from the sort of play the results in a player being put in a position with potential risk to the neck. LM's actions were more aggressive in putting the player into that position, it was very different to Morrin's, it will be extremely interesting to see what kind of ban he gets...
The other thing that won't be taken into consideration though is the nature of Latrell's previous misdemeanors. Those were actually very grubby and none of them in the vein of something gone wrong, they were deliberate and meditated.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If this is how NRL is going to be reffed when 200%% of the time that would be pulled up an called no try, am it was blatant for all to see, then this sport is dead. That ruined what was a good game, I can’t be fucked anymore. Rigged for DCEs most capped game at Brookie, an absolute disgrace.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We've known for a while that there are major issues with the way the game is officiated, it is well and truly time for a thorough review of the processes, which are clearly not fit for purpose, as demonstrated by the increasingly appalling decisions being made each week.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I see it the opposite way. He gets booed for his grubby tactics Which don’t get punished as often as they should.
I agree with you. The booing is not due to racism, it is due to the nature of his indiscretions being deliberate and grubby. I meant to indicate that a club great took him to task and point out that he is not held accountable for his actions by the club at least. He continues to be lauded by the NRL itself and in particular the boss, who likes to tell us that he is a good guy really and doesn't deserve to be seen as anything else. There are lots of players who conduct themselves well on and off the field that don't get the NRL boss to come out and continually praise them.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We've known for a while that there are major issues with the way the game is officiated, it is well and truly time for a thorough review of the processes, which are clearly not fit for purpose, as demonstrated by the increasingly appalling decisions being made each week.
They never review the processes simply move the goal posts and change rules under the guise of tweaking them for the better.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That is the most BLATANT FUCKING call I’ve ever seen in this game bro, I’m actually getting sick of it and the fact no one is held accountable, this game is well and truly dead, it’s only a game for punters and vlandys and the likes to line their pockets.. Rich get richer - and refffs get more corrupt . This asshole should never be allowed to reff a game again, he should feel embarrassed and dig a hole.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That is the most BLATANT FUCKING call I’ve ever seen in this game bro, I’m actually getting sick of it and the fact no one is held accountable, this game is well and truly dead, it’s only a game for punters and vlandys and the likes to line their pockets.. Rich get richer - and refffs get more corrupt . This asshole should never be allowed to reff a game again, he should feel embarrassed and dig a hole.
Any one got a video of it?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck we can't have Manly win, need Panthers to put on a score on them so we can leap them.