Tipping Champion
Reaction score
https://leagueunlimited.com/news/leagueunlimited-nrl-teams-2023-finals-week-2/

2nd Semi Final
Melbourne Storm v Sydney Roosters
Fri September 15 2023, 7:50pm
at AAMI Park, Melbourne / Wurundjeri

Melbourne Storm

1. Nick Meaney 2. William Warbrick 3. Marion Seve 4. Justin Olam 5. Reimis Smith 6. Cameron Munster 21. Tyran Wishart 8. Tui Kamikamica 19. Bronson Garlick 16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 11. Trent Loiero 12. Eliesa Katoa 13. Josh King

9. Harry Grant 10. Christian Welch 15. Tom Eisenhuth 17. Tariq Sims

18. Grant Anderson

Sydney Roosters

1. James Tedesco 2. Fetalaiga Pauga 3. Paul Momirovski 4. Corey Allan 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Luke Keary 7. Sam Walker 15. Egan Butcher 9. Brandon Smith 10. Lindsay Collins 11. Siua Wong 12. Nat Butcher 13. Victor Radley

10. Fletcher Baker 14. Sandon Smith 16. Terrell May 17. Angus Crichton

18. Drew Hutchison

Referees: Ashley Klein;Sideline Officials: Drew Oultram, Chris Sutton;Video Referees: Chris Butler;

1st Semi Final
Warriors v Newcastle Knights
Sat September 16 2023, 4:05pm
at Go Media Stadium, Penrose / Aotearoa

Warriors

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Rocco Berry 4. Adam Pompey 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Wayde Egan 10. Mitchell Barnett 11. Jackson Ford 12. Marata Niukore 13. Tohu Harris

14. Dylan Walker 15. Jazz Tevaga 16. Bayley Sironen 17. Josh Curran

20. Taine Tuaupiki

Newcastle Knights

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Dominic Young 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Greg Marzhew 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Adam Clune 8. Jacob Saifiti 9. Phoenix Crossland 10. Leo Thompson 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Dylan Lucas 13. Adam Elliott

14. Kurt Mann 16. Jack Hetherington 17. Mathew Croker 18. Brodie Jones

20. Fa'amanu Brown

Referees: Adam Gee;Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, David Munro;Video Referees: Grant Atkins;

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Shaun Johnson back!

Roosters without their regular 2-5.

Justin Olam recalled.

Last edited:

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see Soufffs knocked out, then the Sharks, two teams I do not like, but hoping now the Storm have recovered from their big loss against the Broncos.

Was a tough match for them, they put in their worst performance of the year, plus the refereeing was deplorable, fingers crossed they can bounce back and put a margin on the Rorters this weekend.

Warriors should do the same to the Knights who have overachieved this year, only chance they have is if the referee helps them, which has been a common theme this year in many games I've watched.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Glad to see Soufffs knocked out, then the Sharks, two teams I do not like, but hoping now the Storm have recovered from their big loss against the Broncos.

Was a tough match for them, they put in their worst performance of the year, plus the refereeing was deplorable, fingers crossed they can bounce back and put a margin on the Rorters this weekend.

Warriors should do the same to the Knights who have overachieved this year, only chance they have is if the referee helps them, which has been a common theme this year in many games I've watched.
I think that the Storm destroy the Roosters but the Warriors/Knights are about equal. The crowd might give the Warriors the advantage. If the game were in Newcastle the Knights would win.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that the Storm destroy the Roosters but the Warriors/Knights are about equal. The crowd might give the Warriors the advantage. If the game were in Newcastle the Knights would win.
Yeh I'd pretty much agree with that but while I don't care who really wins, only Bulldogs matter, I'd prefer to see the Warriors and Storm both win. Both finished top 4 so deserve to go on for another week.

While the Knights finished the season in 5th position, they actually had a better differential than the Warriors who finished in 4th position.

Went back through both their games and Referee Adam Gee has ref'd 4 Warrior games this season, including last week's lost to the premiers. His record this season in Warrior matches is 2 wins and 2 losses.

As for the Knights, Referee Adam Gee has only had the ONE game with them and that was a big win for the Knights when playing the Raiders away in round 22.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's the worst Roosters backline I've seen in years!

Storm look much better with Olam and Reimis back in the lineup.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't be bothered starting a new post I can't believe Wighton gets 3 weeks when Jammer got 12 weeks for same offence! justify that.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm should bounce back after last week. Roosters were terrible last week and extremely lucky in the end so if Storm actually play well they could make it an easy game.

Hoping warriors win for the sake for the fans.
I’m still going to stay with the Warriors win because of their home advantage and Knights were hot and cold last week.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I dont think anyone who plays this week can beat Broncos or Panthers next week. Broncos vs panthers GF imo

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
surprised they didn't play pezet who is a natural half over wishart
I don't know why they didn't name him on Tuesday. Is he injured?

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont think anyone who plays this week can beat Broncos or Panthers next week. Broncos vs panthers GF imo
Yep cannot argue with that. Chooks and Storm are patched up. Maybe be Warriors as an outside chance, thought Newcastle but Raiders had them rattled with bashing them early.