2022-2023 Bulldogs Pre Season Thread

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know how I feel about Reynolds but I don't think this is it lol. Club views him as a 1/6 and we've got a bit of logjam building there atm, entirely possible both him and the club might be willing to part ways and look at other options.
Yeah, I can't see the Dogs committing to Rajab for a multi-year contract based on who they already have and what he has done so far. Reynolds contract will just be for this year and on a base contract. Rajab would want multi year. I suspect he will either be on train and trial for the year or development contract. He will be given the challenge to show in the first part of the year in NSW Cup why he should be playing in the top 17 in the second part of the year. If he achieves that I am sure that they can have some conversations. However if Rajab is not happy with that because he doesn't have the belief in himself to do it, or simply having a multi year contract anywhere is more important than the possibility of playing for the dogs, considering what they are building well we will have our answer.

Sure he has said some positive things about playing for the dogs, but words are cheap. I remember lots of players over the last 8 years coming out and making some big statements, I am yet to see anyone have the commitment to follow through.

Signing JR has nothing to do with Rajab, KO though that is a different story. Rajab is two years older than KO, I think if he was going to be a superstar he would have shown more the last few years.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't see the Dogs committing to Rajab for a multi-year contract based on who they already have and what he has done so far. Reynolds contract will just be for this year and on a base contract. Rajab would want multi year. I suspect he will either be on train and trial for the year or development contract. He will be given the challenge to show in the first part of the year in NSW Cup why he should be playing in the top 17 in the second part of the year. If he achieves that I am sure that they can have some conversations. However if Rajab is not happy with that because he doesn't have the belief in himself to do it, or simply having a multi year contract anywhere is more important than the possibility of playing for the dogs, considering what they are building well we will have our answer.

Sure he has said some positive things about playing for the dogs, but words are cheap. I remember lots of players over the last 8 years coming out and making some big statements, I am yet to see anyone have the commitment to follow through.

Signing JR has nothing to do with Rajab, KO though that is a different story. Rajab is two years older than KO, I think if he was going to be a superstar he would have shown more the last few years.
That's pretty much it. The club right now has more young talent than we've had for the last 5 years combined and unfortunately that means some players are going to be forced to leave. As you said Karl is probably the biggest factor here, 18 years old and already signed a long-term deal worth good money. There's also the Keary rumours doing the rounds...Gus just rated him as the third best halfback in the game despite him playing 5/8. Could mean something, could mean nothing or could just be Gus trolling after hearing the rumours haha.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Some promising names listed for the Academy squads this weekend.

#4 for Harold Matts: Falcon Hunt (just outstanding that name - not sure how he feels about his parents though)
His teammate #11: Tylah Slate (in high demand apparently. Will probably go through the roof).

#3 for Tarsha Gale: Litia Fusi (bound to be explosive).

Assistant Coach: Mohamad Ali (he's the greatest apparently - unlike my spelling)

I'll see myself out :grimacing:

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me just make it clear that non of my comments come from a logical place re Rajab possibly leaving. Its all just emotion and hope that more lebanese players might actually play for the bulldogs and set a legacy (Kiraz is on track nicely).

But at the end of the day, whomever it is we keep. I hope theyre the ones that help us win something sooner than later.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

#4 for Harold Matts: Falcon Hunt (just outstanding that name - not sure how he feels about his parents though)
His teammate #11: Tylah Slate (in high demand apparently. Will probably go through the roof).

Assistant Coach: Mohamad Ali (he's the greatest apparently - unlike my spelling)

When are Tilers ever on time ? Farken Cants!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't want to read into Thompson missing from the photo but the facts are he has been a mega flop signing, the likes of which we have not seen since Napa.

How is he an auto rep selection for England and cannot make the leadership group here??

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Falcon Hunt, is he Mike's brother ? :tearsofjoy: