2022-2023 Bulldogs Pre Season Thread

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he's too light for the front row maybe CC is thinking lock and more minutes with the lighter frame.
Could see him on the right edge if he has gained some speed and agility. He played both edges at The Broncos.

Move RFM to the middle, where i believe he is more effective.

I'm also not convinced TPJ has the work rate and endurance for a top notch middle forward especially if Pele is in the mix.

Would give us plenty of strike on both sides

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Could see him on the right edge if he has gained some speed and agility. He played both edges at The Broncos.

Move RFM to the middle, where i believe he is more effective.

I'm also not convinced TPJ has the work rate and endurance for a top notch middle forward especially if Pele is in the mix.

Would give us plenty of strike on both sides
I think we've seen enough to know we don't want TPJ in a position that requires thinking. A straight up and down prop that has a licence to offload is the best position for him (obviously needs to identify when it's working/not and just focus on running straight if that's better for the team). I still think he has potential to be one of the best forwards in the game.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we've seen enough to know we don't want TPJ in a position that requires thinking. A straight up and down prop that has a licence to offload is the best position for him (obviously needs to identify when it's working/not and just focus on running straight if that's better for the team). I still think he has potential to be one of the best forwards in the game.
I think he has more footy in him then just being a battering ram, although he his prone to brain snaps i agree.

My main problem with him centers around his attitude and fitness levels.

If he has in fact improved his agility (lateral movement) due to his weight loss, and can handle the defensive side of things, i see no reason why he couldn't become a real weapon for us on the right .... we could really use some strike on that side of the field.

We would also get more minutes out of him.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kiks is in the dog house today i recall reading?
Hope he is doing OK after losing his dad,probably good to put in some hard yakka take his mind off things a bit.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So today was break-up day for Christmas/New Year what date in Jan are the boys back on deck?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
30 days ?
Both should be in their own pre season by then...seems odd. But pipe dream, Tommy Mak in blue and white would be great.
Screenshot_20230101-094749.png