2021 Round 22 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has been harshly dealt with but yeah you put that Bulldogs jersey on, you ain't gonna be a media darling and get any 50/50's.

As it stands atm, with suspensions, his low impact defence and no forwards around him to complement his running, then he isn't value for money which seems to be the Gus buzz words of the week.

Next year with Burton, TPJ, Vaughan offering more towards his style of play, then yes...if he is still here (apparently).
I hope he stays - i think he is the type of player who will be significantly better with quality around him -

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I hope he stays - i think he is the type of player who will be significantly better with quality around him -
Yes that's the optimal outcome for us really. He seems to have the stamina and heart for it...just needs some help around him to put out the consistency and impact that's required in NRL to be considered elite.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes that's the optimal outcome for us really. He seems to have the stamina and heart for it...just needs some help around him to put out the consistency and impact that's required in NRL to be considered elite.
Also if he gets moved on who does he get replaced with?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Also if he gets moved on who does he get replaced with?
Gus' other buzz words....juniors? :grinning:

Be happening IF Gus needs to find money for a spine spot I guess.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Vaughan and TPJ would take a load off him and free him up to play more of his game, but I guess it all comes down to value for money. TPJ is on a big contract, Cotric/JAC would be the highest paid wing paring in the game, Jackson on good money, Hetherington/Elliott on overs, etc. The squad is looking better but it's still all over the place.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gus' other buzz words....juniors? :grinning:

Be happening IF Gus needs to find money for a spine spot I guess.
Current ones including Patolo not quite ready yet - Hopgood, Leniu ns Smith from Penrith go ok - Leniu has dropped down the pecking order at Penrith

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Current ones including Patolo not quite ready yet - Hopgood, Leniu ns Smith from Penrith go ok - Leniu has dropped down the pecking order at Penrith
He will have some irons in the fire and will straighten it all out I hope but it will take 2 years before we will be Top 4 I think...2023 would be a real bonus with 2022 as verging on Top 8.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He will have some irons in the fire and will straighten it all out I hope but it will take 2 years before we will be Top 4 I think...2023 would be a real bonus with 2022 as verging on Top 8.
Need to get roster right but also teh coaching and conditioning

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just seen replay of high shot that decided game. Lol at blaming refs and vlandys. The bloke hit him in the head fair and square.
Yep contact was high on the soft side but if that was our player getting hit I would want a penalty

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Radley 3 weeks for that charge down. What a joke. He is getting the same punishment CHN got for the head high.
He would only be facing a week of he didn't have so much loading which is pretty generous consideration how stupid it is to dive at someone's legs. Cleary didn't even get charged for his shoulder charge, I'd be more upset about that.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Radley 3 weeks for that charge down. What a joke. He is getting the same punishment CHN got for the head high.
Careless and could of broken Kelly's leg. How long did James Graham get for us back in the day?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He would only be facing a week of he didn't have so much loading which is pretty generous consideration how stupid it is to dive at someone's legs. Cleary didn't even get charged for his shoulder charge, I'd be more upset about that.
Was that in the 61st minute? If so then he is getting a fine.

The loading system is fundamentally flawed. How many players have loading because of a charge that they decided not to fight so as to get the shorter sentence, but might have gotten off if they had fought it? It is a big part of the reason the system as it stands produces so many inconsistent results.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Was that in the 61st minute? If so then he is getting a fine.

The loading system is fundamentally flawed. How many players have loading because of a charge that they decided not to fight so as to get the shorter sentence, but might have gotten off if they had fought it? It is a big part of the reason the system as it stands produces so many inconsistent results.
I can't remember when it was but they scored a try right after it. It's probably the clearest shoulder charge you will see all year...he turned his body, tucked his arm and lead with the shoulder with and out enough force in the tackle to force Bird into dropping the ball.

I don't even know how it works, I think you can get three fines a season so does that mean Clearly can do the exact same tackle another two times and not have to worry about loading?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't remember when it was but they scored a try right after it. It's probably the clearest shoulder charge you will see all year...he turned his body, tucked his arm and lead with the shoulder with and out enough force in the tackle to force Bird into dropping the ball.

I don't even know how it works, I think you can get three fines a season so does that mean Clearly can do the exact same tackle another two times and not have to worry about loading?
Possibly, or maybe clearly

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Teams updated for our game tomorrow

Warriors v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Sun August 15 2021, 2:00pm at Moreton Daily Stadium

Warriors

1. Reece Walsh 18. Edward Kosi 3. Peta Hiku 4. Adam Pompey 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Chanel Harris-Tavita 7. Sean O’Sullivan 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 22. Wayde Egan 10. Jackson Frei 11. Josh Curran 12. Euan Aitken 9. Jazz Tevaga

14. Kodi Nikorima 15. Bunty Afoa 16. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown 17. Eliesa Katoa

20. Jack Murchie 23. Viliami Vailea

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

1. Nick Meaney 2. Corey Allan 3. Will Hopoate 4. Aaron Schoupp 5. Falakiko Manu 6. Bailey Biondi-Odo 7. Jake Averillo 8. Ava Seumanufagai 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Ryan James 11. Adam Elliott 12. Matt Doorey 13. Josh Jackson

14. Sione Katoa 15. Chris Patolo 16. Corey Horsburgh 17. Joe Stimson

19. Kyle Flanagan 20. Jayden Okunbor

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why doesn't Barrett play Jackson Topine and let him gain experience? We have nothing to play for so might as well see if our youngsters have anything.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why doesn't Barrett play Jackson Topine and let him gain experience? We have nothing to play for so might as well see if our youngsters have anything.
I think it's clear Baz doesn't think Topine's ready or he doesn't rate him at this point. Every week he's selected Waddell (or Stimson or Katoa) over him is a disgrace.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it's clear Baz doesn't think Topine's ready or he doesn't rate him at this point. Every week he's selected Waddell (or Stimson or Katoa) over him is a disgrace.
How does Baz ever think Katoa is FG standard? The guy is a lazy, and good for at least 4 - 5 errors a game and offers nothing