Not open for further replies.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too late in the year to move on players for 2018
Also not any suitable replacements

2018 will be an average year probably be between 8-10th on ladder

At least will be a season of change again

Graham and Morris boys will leave along with Eastwood and we will have proper money to go to market
Issue will be who will be on the market

Knowing us we will probably sign Michael Jennings on a stupid 4 year 4 mill deal

There was PLENTY of talent available this year and we missed out opportunities to clean out

Who would you like us to sign for 2019? Be needing for sure a new centre and winger unless the club is stupid enough to resign the Morris boys again

Not sure if everyone knows but are in top 4 for offloads

We offload a lot but it is ineffective because we are still playing a style that relies on Barba being there

Until we get an effective fullback we are going to be garbage

Our game plan and roster don't fit the mould at all

We play an offloading and width game but everyone is slow and can't hit a hole or beat a man on the outside

No idea why we don't play up the middle more with inside runners as when we do and when we did with Jackson and brenko we usually scored

Whole game plan and roster is back wards we should be bashing teams in middle third and using back towers to come in at angles and if it isn't on go wide straight away to the backs instead we go side ways give it to dumb 2rf in Jackson and Elliot who run sideways then when they run out of room give it to the centres who are fucked

The signing of Hoppa for 3 years has got me blowing up
Bloke is too slow for a fullback I don't care if he runs 500m in a game he is too fucking slow and that won't change

Club is going no where fast and Hasler keeps bringing in guys who support him in Foran and Hoppa both paid mercs who already have won comp and couldn't care less about success here anymore happy to take a pay check

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way toooo much confusion around our roster, and compared to the top teams we aren't looking very competitive! Unless there are a few players coming through the others grades I agree with you, I can't see us beating the top teams next year! The only thing I'm hoping for is we become a lot more entertaining to watch! Which I'm doubtful of.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Graham and Morris boys will leave along with Eastwood and we will have proper money to go to market

Knowing us we will probably sign Michael Jennings on a stupid 4 year 4 mill deal

There was PLENTY of talent available this year and we missed out opportunities to clean out

Who would you like us to sign for 2019? Be needing for sure a new centre and winger unless the club is stupid enough to resign the Morris boys again

We offload a lot but it is ineffective because we are still playing a style that relies on Barba being there

We play an offloading and width game but everyone is slow and can't hit a hole or beat a man on the outside

No idea why we don't play up the middle more with inside runners as when we do and when we did with Jackson and brenko we usually scored

Whole game plan and roster is back wards we should be bashing teams in middle third and using back towers to come in at angles and if it isn't on go wide straight away to the backs instead we go side ways give it to dumb 2rf in Jackson and Elliot who run sideways then when they run out of room give it to the centres who are fucked

Bloke is too slow for a fullback I don't care if he runs 500m in a game he is too fucking slow and that won't change

Club is going no where fast and Hasler keeps bringing in guys who support him in Foran and Hoppa both paid mercs who already have won comp and couldn't care less about success here anymore happy to take a pay check
Interesting point in your last paragraph, Des does appear to be surrounding himself with guys who are likely to back him politically speaking...re-signing and signing of Hoppa, Foran, Tolman, love child (Holland) etc.., certainly raises an eyebrow when thinking about it a little deeper.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Smart recruitment this year could have seen us sign spine players on the cheap Lolohea, Mcinnes, Rein,

Over the past year we could have replaced deadwood like Kasiano & Eastwood with a host of players.released by thier clubs like P Vaughan, T Sims, Brown, Sironen..

all these players have shown themselves to be value buys and would have changed our roster around

Last edited:

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I would have loved if we had signed back in his prime when he was younger and this year he still goes alright, but he had speed and skill and you can see why Des wouldn't have wanted him. I guess when his contract is up at 31 (I think), that's when Hasler would probably be interested. He is still good this year but in 2 years time he is definetely not the player you would be looking for.

I hope for the day we get our long-awaited X-factor; a rookie who makes you want to stand up out of your chair every time he touches the ball; someone like French, Mitchell, Addo-Carr and to a lesser extent Suli. An untried rookie who is setting fire in 9s, 20s or ISP and comes into first grade and marks a spot for themselves. It annoys me to see what other teams have while our X-factor was supposedly Abbey and then we all saw how he went. I pray Lee works on his game and can return to first grade and stake a claim to never be dropped, I pray Montoya can become our Rona, Vunivalu, Radradra. I pray we finally get that strike fullback and if we do get Roberts, I would put him at centre and Hoppa on the wing. Then that leaves either Abbey to step up or actually get whoever is recruiting to actually scout talent!

We've been offered Munster, Roberts and we've had Mansour trial with us yet we always say no. It's time to add some spark to the backline. It's time to go out there and find our rockstar fullback.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

THE ONLY SOLUTION IS TO***BOYCOTT THE BULLDOGS***TILL HASLER GOES
`

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
2018 LOL. It will be much the same as this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.