One thing no one has picked up on
Foran plays left edge and always has
Frawley and mbye also play left edge
Generally Hasler doesn't like to move players out of position

I reckon something else is happening at the dogs for next year
We have no recognised partner for foran on the right edge
Unless Hasler will move Mbye to the right edge or Frawley

Also what is happening at Hooker as well

Still plenty of unknowns for next year and I can't help but think there is a piece of the puzzle that the dogs have kept up their sleeve and well hidden

Morgan from the cowboys as a swap for mbye? He plays right edge
Who else is off contract or even nearing end of contract that can play right edge?
Kreigan does he play left edge or right?
I know cleeland plays left but fuck me he is terrible

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With respect why would the cowboys swap mbye for morgan...
I agree things are happening behind the scenes and i think a number of our players know whats going on.
As i have said for a while now the next few weeks/months will be very interesting.

Mbye wont be in the halves either...[emoji6]

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely these is a reason why we want to offload so many players. We will not be as much as they are making it out to be over the salary cap. I think we should expect a swap or big signing in the coming months!

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So What Is Happening? A lot of speculation but I don't see any announcements.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran played left edge with Manly and right edge with Parra. Think he's played left with warriors but he and Johnson have roamed.

Not sure which side Des will stick him. I also think someone else could maybe be coming but we'll have to wait.

I was perplexed why Mbye was half and Frawley was 6 but maybe Des wanted to see how Frawley would go on the right edge if he was to partner Foran.

Time will tell either way.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't like playing players out of position!? LOL!

Tony Williams when Pritchard was around...
Tim Lafai on the right edge...
Eastwood anywhere but the middle
Perrett at Fullback

These we're just fill ins for a week. They were permanent positional changes that still boggle the mind.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des should give Mbye a shot at FB this year... nothing to lose

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Now that we have foran wel have more bargaining power to get other players who'd wanna play with him. We already got nu Brown. More will follow

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was perplexed why Mbye was half and Frawley was 6 but maybe Des wanted to see how Frawley would go on the right edge if he was to partner Foran.

That would actually make sense. Ridiculous! ;)

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Time will tell either way.
That would actually make sense. Ridiculous! ;)
Or maybe des will be des, and play foran on the right and keep mbye at half.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Frawley could work at 6 with Foran but the problem ATM with Mbye being the dominant half is because he is so shit as the chief playmaker

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn't like playing players out of position!? LOL!

Tony Williams when Pritchard was around...
Tim Lafai on the right edge...
Eastwood anywhere but the middle
Perrett at Fullback

These we're just fill ins for a week. They were permanent positional changes that still boggle the mind.
There's a difference between doesn't like and just has to. Pritchard could only play on the left so TRex had to go right and as soon as Frank went off TRex would go on the left, JMoz is an Origin left centre so Lafai had to go right and during Origin Lafai would play left, Eastwood was an edge forward up until about 12 months ago and all our FBs were either broken or in hiding so you want us to run on with 12 players?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frawley could work at 6 with Foran but the problem ATM with Mbye being the dominant half is because he is so shit as the chief playmaker
That more than anything else suggests this year is seen as a write off.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I'd like to see Frawley 7 and Reynolds 6 with Mbye tried at fullback.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
A few years ago when men were men and women were pretty pleased with the idea footballers were able to play the game, that is pass the ball to supports on either side. In those days the five eighth place outside the half back and each team had an inside centre and outside centre. Both centres were able to set up wingers on either side. In fact the only players who had set left and right positions were the wingers.

So after remembering what in fact did happen not so long ago, is it too big an ask to expect players of the supposed quality of Foran, Mbye and even Frawley to play the sides they're given by the coach. After all we do have a thing called the pre season and also training sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.