2018 coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
With Des looking more like he'll be gone after each week that passes....who'll be replacing this dud next year?

early nom's would be Dean Pay or Ivan Cleary

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Dean Pay or Justin Holbrook Or both. Hasler and his manly conection to go. Not sure if I would keep dymock . My hate for hasler has been for 3 yrs. Not results based more recruiting and style isnt bulldogs. Last night was the 1st time i enjoyed watching a dogs game . Except b lee the dumb #### and lichaa running and throwing the ball back 10mtrs

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Dymock for 3 years. He either sees out a crap roster or does something.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dymock for 3 years. He either sees out a crap roster or does something.
Dymock is too nice a guy.. I don't think he's our answer, he would be like a Fittler when he was coach, too close to the players.

Dean Pay would be fantastic. He's had a chance to learn from a lot of good coaches and he is from the old school of Doggies pedigree

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ivan Cleary is in his first year as coach of Lebanon - I doubt he'll be someone who will drop that job for this one straight away. I think Jim Dymock or Dean Pay.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Des looking more like he'll be gone after each week that passes....who'll be replacing this dud next year?

early nom's would be Dean Pay or Ivan Cleary
Cleary please not keen for a gamble and would be keen for a rebuild culture can be instilled in other ways

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ivan Cleary is in his first year as coach of Lebanon - I doubt he'll be someone who will drop that job for this one straight away. I think Jim Dymock or Dean Pay.
Some may say this is a negative subject BUT for mine Dean Pay must be the one and only choice purely because he wont cop crap and is apparently a very astute coach these days.
He has a history at the club and has been away from the place for ages so will notice things immediately.
Not sure why Cleary even gets a mention, he has been a failure at every corner coaching.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kevin walters or ivan cleary, or throw millions at bellamy,everyone has their price right, That would be the best investment we could make,cronk wants to come to sydney at the end of this year also.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's no way it can be Dymock he has had way too long with Des. It needs to be someone new with fresh ideas I want Pay.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i bet you and you can bookmark this post.

as soon as des goes , we will sign super stars just like we did back in 2009.

Bulldogs will become attractive to the talents once again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anyone tbh. It is obvious the players and the club need to be taken in a different direction. A new environment is just what some of our players need...Ennis is the perfect example of what a new environment can do for a player and his confidence.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather us just finally land a top halfback. The structure we've played with the last two weeks has been far better we just need someone to run the side

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IF des goes then id be trying to lure Kevin Walters away from the QLD origin gig... he worked under Bellamy for years at the storm and recently with the broncos before taking up the position as the origin coach. Bellamy for years praised Walters for what he did with the storm side. Having a QLD legend coaching us would be more then likely also mean we'd have no more "home sick" players wanting to go play for the broncos LOL

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kevin Walters would bring with him new up and comers from QLD that other clubs wouldn't know of, that the Broncos would obviously have normally had first and last dibs at ..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Desmond Hasler will replace Des Hasler for 2018 coach.

Walters is out as he's committed as Qld Origin side full time coach until end of 2019.
Cleary is committed to Lebanon, after Panthers sacked him.

Only available coaches for next season are:
Skeletor Bennett (likely to retire at seasons end I reckon).
Des Hasler
Paul McGregor (no thanks, Dragons have no attack).
Michael Maguire (likely to be renewed at Souths).
Jason Taylor (no thanks)

So that leaves us with one option.. Hasler!

Dean Pay is committed and settled in Canberra these days.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Hasler stays we are ruined....our game plan , structure and recruitment are terrible.

Reactions: DT

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Holbrook was sought out and spoken to last year 100%

Dean pay will leave assistant coach role for a head job :grinning: at another club

Cleary wants to coach again and the Lebanon job ends after the World Cup

Walters has the option to leave qld coach for a full time gig
Michael potter will throw his name into the ring and so to will tony smith from England and Justin Morgan

Plenty of coaches around and are dying for a crack at a top job.

Whoever tells you otherwise is on heavy heavy meds and has no clue.

Lol Cleary won't leave Lebanon job for dogs top role that will do me...

Status
Not open for further replies.