Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
BULLDOGS (10 pts)

Grade: C-

Story so far: If inconsistency had a face it would look like a bulldog.

Canterbury has thrown up some of the season’s strangest results over the opening nine rounds. How can anyone beat Melbourne one week then lose to the Warriors a few days later?

It’s mind boggling. The good is good but the bad is pretty darn terrible.

The highlights: The round four win over South Sydney was emphatic, and some revenge for last year’s “Bad Friday” debacle.

That 42-12 victory proved the Bulldogs are good enough to beat anyone — although South Sydney is not much of a form guide this year — when they click.

The way they played that afternoon was impressive even against some so-so opposition.

The low point: A “home” game in New Zealand backfired for the Bulldogs when they lost 24-20 to the Warriors across the ditch. It came just one week after beating Melbourne in Melbourne, highlighting the inconsistency that has been their season.

The star: Will Hopoate. The pre-season injury to Brett Morris looked grim but the emergence of Hopoate as a fullback has been the silver lining.

His form this year has been streets ahead of his Parramatta days.

Needs a lift: Josh Reynolds. You could make an argument for either of the halves, but as the senior playmaker Reynolds needs to take control and get his side on track.

Surprise packet: Kerrod Holland. He won a game off his own boot on debut and while he’s been in and out of the side since, he’s never looked out of place.

Prediction: Canterbury will scrape into the bottom couple of spots in the top eight but won’t go much further in finals.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...6/news-story/ff8f7c24ba202ff50368f3ed5340a54d

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
BULLDOGS (10 pts)

Grade: C-

Story so far: If inconsistency had a face it would look like a bulldog.

Canterbury has thrown up some of the season’s strangest results over the opening nine rounds. How can anyone beat Melbourne one week then lose to the Warriors a few days later?

It’s mind boggling. The good is good but the bad is pretty darn terrible.

The highlights: The round four win over South Sydney was emphatic, and some revenge for last year’s “Bad Friday” debacle.

That 42-12 victory proved the Bulldogs are good enough to beat anyone — although South Sydney is not much of a form guide this year — when they click.

The way they played that afternoon was impressive even against some so-so opposition.

The low point: A “home” game in New Zealand backfired for the Bulldogs when they lost 24-20 to the Warriors across the ditch. It came just one week after beating Melbourne in Melbourne, highlighting the inconsistency that has been their season.

The star: Will Hopoate. The pre-season injury to Brett Morris looked grim but the emergence of Hopoate as a fullback has been the silver lining.

His form this year has been streets ahead of his Parramatta days.

Needs a lift: Josh Reynolds. You could make an argument for either of the halves, but as the senior playmaker Reynolds needs to take control and get his side on track.

Surprise packet: Kerrod Holland. He won a game off his own boot on debut and while he’s been in and out of the side since, he’s never looked out of place.

Prediction: Canterbury will scrape into the bottom couple of spots in the top eight but won’t go much further in finals.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...6/news-story/ff8f7c24ba202ff50368f3ed5340a54d
How negative...

Des is the best coach
We have the best team
T-Rex is good
It was just one game
You can't win every game
You don't win the GF in May
You guys are whingers
You are all under 12
I'm a better fan than you
You are a fair weather fan
Blah blah fucking blah

Have I left any out? Lol

Last edited:

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How negative...

Des is the best coach
We have the best team
T-Rex is good
It was just one game
You can't win every game
You guys are whinger
You are all under 12
Blah blah fucking blah

Have I left any out? Lol
Puppets

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How negative...

Des is the best coach
We have the best team
T-Rex is good
It was just one game
You can't win every game
You guys are whinger
You are all under 12
Blah blah fucking blah

Have I left any out? Lol
Yes Ray dib didn't call me lol

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty fair assessment. Would be interesting to see the CEO give a report card

Especially after she publicly stated that the goal is top 4 in NRL, NYC and top 8 nsw cup.

Not here to bag anyone or point fingers but the team needs to lift. No player should be indispensable. In fact no one in the club should be indispensable from the top to the bottom.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How negative...

Des is the best coach
We have the best team
T-Rex is good
It was just one game
You can't win every game
You guys are whingers
You are all under 12
I'm a better fan than you
You are a fair weather fan
Blah blah fucking blah

Have I left any out? Lol
You forgot "armchair coach"

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, pretty fair assessment - if Josh Reynolds "needs a lift" what do we say of Williams.
Am hoping he gets dropped soon. Might pick up team morale.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Do they do this weekly now or something? Its not that long ago since the last one of these. And we are C something again, which is normal

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Please don't post this negative article on the Kennel. This is supposed to be a sanctuary of peace and love for bulldogs fans.
Not quite that far in the other direction necessarily lol. The end isnt nigh either. There's overdoing it with negativity and positivity.

Article is about right, pretty obvious stuff. Not a new concept we are inconsistant. meh. Long way to go in the season.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not quite that far in the other direction necessarily lol. The end isnt nigh either. There's overdoing it with negativity and positivity.

Article is about right, pretty obvious stuff. Not a new concept we are inconsistant. meh.
You have to take the good with the bad mate
It's a public forum, you going to get all kinds of extreme points of view from all walks of life

After this long on the kennel I would have thought you would be use to that by now.

Slow learner

Last edited:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty good summary. C is the middle of the road and that's what we are and have been in the past few seasons.

Also agree Reynolds needs improvement and Holland has been doing very well for someone with only a few games of fg experience.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
You have to take the good with the bad mate
It's a public forum, you going to get all kinds of extreme points of view from all walks of life

After this long on the kennel I would have thought you would be use to that by now.
The kennel hasnt had such strong and widespread negativity in the place before, than it has had this season, and its all over being "mediocre." Makes me worry what complete failure would look like in here now. Like, say we were 15th and not 5th, and had lost our last 6 matches instead of winning 3 of them. We would melt the internet.

Probably didnt help us that we had a loss before a week off. 2 weeks before any possible turnaround in mood here. Time to dwell on shitty things.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The kennel hasnt had such strong and widespread negativity in the place before, than it has had this season, and its all over being "mediocre." Makes me worry what complete failure would look like in here now. Like, say we were 15th and not 5th, and had lost our last 6 matches instead of winning 3 of them. We would melt the internet.

Probably didnt help us that we had a loss before a week off. 2 weeks before any possible turnaround in mood here. Time to dwell on shitty things.
It's not that black and white
In 08 we accepted largely our poor performances based on the fact we knew we were a club rebuilding on and off the field

Right now we have built our club up on and off the field
And in the field our players are not reaching potential and are underachieving

And that is simply unacceptable

The fans have a right to feel the way they do under the current circumstances

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

I rather come at 15 with shiit roster and an out of touch coach than lose grand finals with a supposed super coach on 1 million dollars/ year with a premiership winning roster on disposal for last 4 years.

atleast with a shit roster and a shit coach we have an excuse....no excuses here mate..just same shit every year....as i have been repeating "the same shit every year"

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I rather come at 15 with shiit roster and an out of touch coach than lose grand finals with a supposed super coach on 1 million dollars/ year with a premiership winning roster on disposal for last 4 years.

atleast with a shit roster and a shit coach we have an excuse....no excuses here mate..just same shit every year....as i have been repeating "the same shit every year"
Nah. With the current impatience it would be worse. Much worse, if we didnt have a roster or coach to come goood. Like knights. Omg

Status
Not open for further replies.