Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sounds like a team!
My research is heart failure genetics, was your diagnosis heart failure? If so, would you know if it' preserved or reduced ejection fraction? :confused:

~c
Well I have Dialated Cardiomyopathy and Viral Myocarditis. Does that answer your question? Lol

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ha !! Sure ASSASSIN... I'm a scientist, focussing on genetics of complex disease.
Super grateful I chose a career where my education/qualifications ignore country borders and affords travel.
Plus this location is much more friendly for watching Bulldogs games live at a reasonable hour, unlike TexASS.

~c
I'm impressed, I would never have made the connection between science and travel.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I got a package too but I didn't agree to auto renew last year. Bit unprofessional

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm impressed, I would never have made the connection between science and travel.
For those who have children wondering on a career and enjoy the human sciences, I strongly suggest considering genetic counseling... currently significantly under served and with the direction of medicine heading in that direction, there is substantial need for (wo)man power!

Happy to provide advice if needed.

~c.

DaPingPongKing

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Um back on topic lol, when do membership packs arrive? I'm a new member now, season long in the kennel

DaPingPongKing

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Like i got the membership as a christmas gift so im not expecting to be here already or anything, just wondering how long it usually takes to arrive after you sign up

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i have a mate who lives in england and is a member of one of the big soccer clubs over there, he saw my membership pack on my fb and laughed at how piss poor it is, he was telling me he pays 90 pound about $160 to $180 for his club for memberships of 10 consecutive years they were sent out a good quality silver watch, and for long term members 20 years plus a gold watch. long term members receive extras in their memberships.
5 year members received a team shirt, all other members packs for over there were beanies, scarf, coffee mug, pint glass, tie, stickers and these loud clapper things basically something that would be in use on a regular basis
all the club nrl memberships here are all the same its just the team colors that change

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How bad are the members hats to.... the blue is clearly the wrong colour...
Also does the whole membership keyring still active? because i should get my 5 year one this season.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
i have a mate who lives in england and is a member of one of the big soccer clubs over there, he saw my membership pack on my fb and laughed at how piss poor it is, he was telling me he pays 90 pound about $160 to $180 for his club for memberships of 10 consecutive years they were sent out a good quality silver watch, and for long term members 20 years plus a gold watch. long term members receive extras in their memberships.
5 year members received a team shirt, all other members packs for over there were beanies, scarf, coffee mug, pint glass, tie, stickers and these loud clapper things basically something that would be in use on a regular basis
all the club nrl memberships here are all the same its just the team colors that change
You can't compare the shitty nrl with a professional EPL. They actually care enough for the fans to provide a professional product.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I emailed the bulldogs about season tickets on the tunnel side in the platinum section and they said it was sold out. Not even on the 30m line. I have been to manybgames and never have seen that section full. Anyone here know how it works? Do season holders from last year have a certain time to renew?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I emailed the bulldogs about season tickets on the tunnel side in the platinum section and they said it was sold out. Not even on the 30m line. I have been to manybgames and never have seen that section full. Anyone here know how it works? Do season holders from last year have a certain time to renew?
ive been a category 1 member for 7 seasons and been trying to get 3 seats on the tunnel side for the past 2 seasons with the same response.. lol

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
ive been a category 1 member for 7 seasons and been trying to get 3 seats on the tunnel side for the past 2 seasons with the same response.. lol
I had 40m line cat 2 tickets for 3 yrs than greenburg went for a cash crab and made them cat 1 . Went up $300 . I pulled the pin.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your mate is spectacularly full of shit.

a) There's no such things as club memberships in English sports as such. They do, however sell season tickets.
b) Season tickets are just that. No membership kit, no hat, no keyring. All you get is a ticket to every game (and maybe a small discount at a clubshop.)
c) Season tickets for some of the smallest of the 92 professional clubs - the likes of Yeovil Town or York City might be as much a 200 quid - over $400.
d) The CHEAPEST season ticket at Arsenal was over 1000 pounds - over $2000. The priciest was double that.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/price-football-report-arsenals-cheapest-4440870

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-34507719

No gold watches, no nothing. That's how every club operates.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheapest Season ticket 2015-16 at every Premier League club. None even close to 90 quid.

Arsenal £1,014.00
Aston Villa £335.00
Bournemouth £550.00
Chelsea £750.00
Crystal Palace £420.00
Everton £444.00
Leicester City £365.00
Liverpool £710.00
Manchester City £299.00
Manchester United £532.00
Newcastle United £475.00
Norwich City £499.50
Southampton £541.00
Stoke City £294.00
Sunderland £370.00
Swansea City* NO INFO
Tottenham Hotspur £765.00
Watford £385.00
West Bromwich Albion £399.00
West Ham United £617.50

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.manutd.com/en/Official-Membership/Packs.aspx

Pretty similar to what u get in other memberships. Keyrings, pens etc.
Those are nothing to do with season tickets. Those are simply extra packs that they sell separately to season tickets. It's basically a set of merchandise you can buy as a unit from the clubshop. Note the season ticket link on that page - no mention of any membership pack. If you look at the "membership benefits", what you get is the ability to buy tickets and a fiver discount on each ticket. No tickets included.

I don't doubt clubs may well those for less than 90 quid a year, but it''s not comparing like with like. NRL ones are cheap merchandise, but they're basically a freebie along with your season ticket.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Those are nothing to do with season tickets. Those are simply extra packs that they sell separately to season tickets. It's basically a set of merchandise you can buy as a unit from the clubshop. Note the season ticket link on that page - no mention of any membership pack. If you look at the "membership benefits", what you get is the ability to buy tickets and a fiver discount on each ticket. No tickets included.

I don't doubt clubs may well those for less than 90 quid a year, but it''s not comparing like with like. NRL ones are cheap merchandise, but they're basically a freebie along with your season ticket.
I am not talking about season tickets and I don't think the poster you were responding to, judging by the money stated, was either. Just pointing out that clubs do sell a certain membership pack and you get similar things in all of them like pins, caps, or the like.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not talking about season tickets and I don't think the poster you were responding to, judging by the money stated, was either. Just pointing out that clubs do sell a certain membership pack and you get similar things in all of them like pins, caps, or the like.
Ah, ok.

It's not really comparing like with like, though.

Those Manchester United ones in the link were 32 quid (about $65) just for pens and keyrings. Bloody nice pens and keyrings compared to the NRL membership crap, but I'd guess with cheapest Bulldogs season tickets at $130, maybe $10 of that goes towards the cheapie scarves and keyrings.

Status
Not open for further replies.