Not open for further replies.

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watching it now, we had them on the ropes, 27 to go, 6-6, just got a penalty

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On iq. But just watched the end of the merge finals week 1 2015 game, Souths prelim 2012, manly 2014 semi, we've had some classics

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
It doesn't go well from there

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't remind me of it dammit. I feel like smashing my iPad on the floor.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
no hooker plan without ennis, it totally sucks that we were handicapped but lucky for some specific kennelers because i would have made about 15-20 i told you so threads in the case we won

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
no hooker plan without ennis, it totally sucks that we were handicapped but lucky for some specific kennelers because i would have made about 15-20 i told you so threads in the case we won
reynolds and hodko were busted up as well, shows you that the one extra game takes it out of you and why no teams outside the 4 have won it since 95.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
reynolds and hodko were busted up as well, shows you that the one extra game takes it out of you and why no teams outside the 4 have won it since 95.
Its a big ask. Especially if you've had to win a couple of games, just to make the finals.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The reality of the 2014 grand final is that we had three chances to win it: None - Buckleys - Bugger all.

We had a rookie back impersonating a hooker which cost us big time at the play the ball.

Morris and Hodkinson both had dud knees which took away too much attack and defence.

Reynolds busted his shoulder in his first tackle and stayed on.

So, with a half back, five eighth and left centre all crocks and a rookie back at no.9 we were pushing it uphill all the way.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
So, with a half back, five eighth and left centre all crocks and a rookie back at no.9 we were pushing it uphill all the way.
it would have been good to have maitua as cover though, hasler had nothing for when mbye would tire out and it was that part of the match that souths destroyed us up the middle

i blame hasler

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
it would have been good to have maitua as cover though, hasler had nothing for when mbye would tire out and it was that part of the match that souths destroyed us up the middle

i blame hasler
Yep. It was Hasler who selected the side and had no fall back plan when it went wrong.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Definitely a game I don't plan on ever watching again.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can only watch lost GF games after we finally win one. Until then it's archived

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely a game I don't plan on ever watching again.
Same here. Not even seen a minute of that game since leaving the stadium that day. A good friend of mine (a Parra fan, no less) described the Nine pre-game coverage as hideously one-sided. The idea of Gus fapping over those bell-ringing bell ends would bring back far too much bitterness. I'm bitter enough as it is.

Malla

Reaction score
The reality of the 2014 grand final is that we had three chances to win it: None - Buckleys - Bugger all.

We had a rookie back impersonating a hooker which cost us big time at the play the ball.

Morris and Hodkinson both had dud knees which took away too much attack and defence.

Reynolds busted his shoulder in his first tackle and stayed on.

Thats exactly where we lost it - through the middle of the field. With just under half hour to go, we were on the attack and had a great opportunity to get the lead. 2014 was the year we won like 5 games by a field goal or something? We were masters at closing out games. But it was all predicated on what Ennis brought to our team, mainly from the defensive end, but also the way he controlled the ruck when we had the ball.

Burgess charged over right under the posts I believe, then they had back to back penalties right in front - maybe 30m out, and it was all over. Had Ennis been fit, I think we would have been neck and neck with Souths.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats exactly where we lost it - through the middle of the field. With just under half hour to go, we were on the attack and had a great opportunity to get the lead. 2014 was the year we won like 5 games by a field goal or something? We were masters at closing out games. But it was all predicated on what Ennis brought to our team, mainly from the defensive end, but also the way he controlled the ruck when we had the ball.

Burgess charged over right under the posts I believe, then they had back to back penalties right in front - maybe 30m out, and it was all over. Had Ennis been fit, I think we would have been neck and neck with Souths.
Pretty much, we were still in it until Trex the biggest pussy out that day got destroyed by Burges then the referees gave them an easy penalty to have an 8 point lead. With nothing giving we just gave up...

Malla

Reaction score
Pretty much, we were still in it until Trex the biggest pussy out that day got destroyed by Burges then the referees gave them an easy penalty to have an 8 point lead. With nothing giving we just gave up...
OMG don't remind me of that play. That just defines his time at the Dogs in a nut shell. Laziest attempt at a tackle and Burgess just bumped him off like a pillow.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
OMG don't remind me of that play. That just defines his time at the Dogs in a nut shell. Laziest attempt at a tackle and Burgess just bumped him off like a pillow.
I wanted to vomit at that attempt as it was disgusting and the most costly in league...

Status
Not open for further replies.