$1m salary cap crisis forces Canterbury Bulldogs to put entire NRL squad up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Whatever.

If true l, it just means your asshole of a club learnt nothing from having points stripped last year for salary cap breaches..

Maybe Parra hired a magic accountant this year.
Rookie im only joking mate, everytime you guys state somebody might leave, if they are worth their salt i like to claim theyve been seen in Tinga Palace in Parra Leagues lol, maybe some of them are having lunch at Parra leagues but most of the time im only joking ;)
I know its tough for you guys but i could find the humour in last year for us, you can find the humour this year for you guys.
Theres a lot of hyperbowl going on atm for dogs fans, i understand that and its normal but you guys will turn things around pretty fast, laughings more fun than crying thats for sure.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its all good brother, i think old dropbear taught us all a valuable lesson on how to get along. Speaking of dropbear coming up to a year in 16 days i believe :upset:
Well said mate, and you might be right, im not great with remembering dates.
Top man drop bear, he is missed, he loved you guys here and spent a lot more time here than on our forum, you guys meant a lot to Pete.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Another option might be the club pays at least part of a few players 2018 salaries before the end of 2017, all that can happen then is the club is deducted points and pays a fine we will get the spoon which is what we deserve anyway, those responsible will get the well deserved boot, and our club will be cap compliant with a fresh start in 2018.
If those responsible have any concern for our beloved club they sould consider this option.
Actually, that's a good point. I think there is provision to legally pay forward at least some contract money if you are under in a given year, or at least there used to be. I can recall something like that happening with a club years ago.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Rookie im only joking mate, everytime you guys state somebody might leave, if they are worth their salt i like to claim theyve been seen in Tinga Palace in Parra Leagues lol, maybe some of them are having lunch at Parra leagues but most of the time im only joking ;)
I know its tough for you guys but i could find the humour in last year for us, you can find the humour this year for you guys.
Theres a lot of hyperbowl going on atm for dogs fans, i understand that and its normal but you guys will turn things around pretty fast, laughings more fun than crying thats for sure.
OK - fair enough.

FYI, I don't find anything to do with rugby league and especially the Bulldogs funny these days.

Hence my initial response to your first post.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
as if this is not happening and is fake news, of course they are getting rid of the team to buy themselves more time

i knew at the start of the season there would be a succession of people to get the blame before the lovers hasler/dib are due up

pecking order
1. hasler coaching staff
2. raelene
3. players
4. ball boys
5. club office staff
6. players brought in to replace previous players
7. hasler
8. haslers replacement
9. dib

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is the media completely over cooking this whole thing? If we are supposedly over by 1m, It's realistically one good player or two average ones.

The end! why the complexity?
Sensational headlines sell papers and received more clicks

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is the biggest mismanagement of an average plodding squad not just in NRL but every team sport that has a cap

Secondly the NRL knew we were over then why fkn register the fkn contracts then go at us publicly retrospectively

Thirdly Raelene must have been shit at jigsaw puzzles when she was younger

We have had no official response from the club which means we're guilty AF

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Heard earlier today that Souths may be willing to take Graham at half the contract size and we pay other half.

We are in a no win situation here.
There is definitely a team out there that would be willing to part ways with 700-800K for Graham, Souths can get f###ed

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These ***** have fucked up this time

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw this is also an example of why no salary cap wouldnt just mean brisbane domination

brisbane and other rich clubs like us would spend more on what they think are highly talented players and could end up getting stuck

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How do TPAs work and how come Broncos hide behind that yet we use up and over the cap

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Are we still signing Cronk?

Tumbleweed blows past..........

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How do TPAs work and how come Broncos hide behind that yet we use up and over the cap
OK as best as I can explain it you might read where say Graham is on $1m next year, but it might only be $600k in direct salary from the dogs, which goes against their cap. The other $400k might come from Foxsports for his NRL360 stint and a range of other organisations paying him on the proviso that they are not already involved in sponsoring the club. So for example MJ chickens can't do a TPA but KFC can because they aren't sponsors of the dogs (I think). So in Sydney all the teams go out looking for these sponsors and have to share them effectively among all the players. In Brisbane they do the same thing but they are the only team so they are easier to find and can pay a lot more in TPAs because they can load up more sponsors on each player. That way they can offer each player a much lower salary that goes against their cap and help the player boost it significantly with TPAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.