$1m salary cap crisis forces Canterbury Bulldogs to put entire NRL squad up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tolman, eastwood and at least one Morris brother (brett, would prefer both) has to go...

2018 will be another write off but ffs we need to rebuild withoit backended deals

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let Holland, Eastwood and Mbye go immediately. It pains me to say it but James Graham could be shown the door as well.

That would easily have us under the cap and in a better position to manage our roster and potentially recruit a few decent players next year.

If we fail to let 3 - 5 players go now, we are going to pay for it, for years to come.
But the issue is Graham,Eastwood and Mbye and others are on big $ next year and they don't want to go. Can you blame them? As for Holland they just re-signed him. This isn't a player problem, it a management issue or lack of it.
In the end it will be Woods or Foran contract not being signed off by the NRL

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good fuck of everyone else besides Jackson, Klemmer, RFM, Fualolo, Foran, Woods, Brenko and Montoya

1. RTS- 900k
2. Suliasi Vunivalu- 500k
3. Richie Kenner- 150k
4. Brenko Lee- 150k
5. Marcelo Montoya- 300k???
6. Kieran Foran- 800k
7. Ash Taylor- 800k
8. David Klemmer- 800k
9. James Segeyaro- 400k
10. Aaron Woods- 800k???
11. Rhyse Martin- 100k
12. RFM- 300k??
13. Josh Jackson- 600k

14. Danny Fualolo- 200k
15. Renouf To Omaga 100k
16. Francis Tulou- 100k
17. Fu Amou Brown- 300k?

We can add Elijah Taylor, Tyrone Peachy ETC.

7.3M lets say we pay overs.
Plus juniors.
We would remain under the cap.

9.6 M cap

We would still have cap space to. Wow Des has really fucked up the club

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lets be honest, the only decent players are Klemmer and Jackson. A lot of clubs will have eyes on them. If they go I will go postal.

The rest are shit and I couldn't give a fuck about.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
But the issue is Graham,Eastwood and Mbye and others are on big $ next year and they don't want to go. Can you blame them? As for Holland they just re-signed him. This isn't a player problem, it a management issue or lack of it.
In the end it will be Woods or Foran contract not being signed off by the NRL
I'm sure we'd face legal action if Woods or Forans contracts weren't registered. They'd say their options are limited, no clubs can pay them fair money because most signing are done.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
"All players are on the open market as of now"

We're $1,000,000 over the salary cap... so somehow that equates to an entire $9,500,000 squad on the open market?

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Come on you really didn't pick up on @Serpent sarcasm??? Considering while we are down ***** could be laying the boot into us , a bit of light hearted jokes actually eases the frustration
Mate, I have had enough of it all.

There is not even a scrap of enjoyment left in being a Bulldogs supporter these days.

Started following the Dogs in 1978 and this current situation is the worst yet (in my opinion)

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They couldn't manage a chook raffle or a relationship in a brothel!
The height of incompetence!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate, I have had enough of it all.

There is not even a scrap of enjoyment left in being a Bulldogs supporter these days.

Started following the Dogs in 1978 and this current situation is the worst yet (in my opinion)
Fair enough, i just take the approach you gots to laugh. Because nothing else can really be done.the way these clowns sunk this club is a big joke. And i think it will get a whole lot worse because these clowns cant admit they fucked up big time.instead of putting their hands up and admitting its been a huge fuck up they dig us futher in the shit to cover their arses.
Turvey a club legend made it clear as fucking day but nup the ***** dug us futher into it.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but why can't we pay them for a different role for the club, like playing in the intrust cup and mentoring and recruiting future players for the Dogs?

We have a contract with them to play footy for the Club, but are be bound that it needs to be NSW Cup or first grade?

Could the Club start a Dogs Mentoring Group of our ageing stars and retire them early from playing and just give them jobs promoting the Club - and if they refuse, they can tear up the contract and go play elsewhere.

I just don't see why we have to keep them registered with the NRL if we no longer want them - the only legally binding aspect of this is that we have to pay them the money contracted, but surely we can change the service we want from them??
Makes a lot of sense.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The email response I got from the club yesterday was along the lines that the club wont respond to unsubstantiated media reports and that retention committee had a number of options depending on what the NRL finally determine the cap to be.
I agree the club is in a shambles BUT if players like Graham Eastwood Tolman Hopoate and to a lesser extent the Morris bros move on I don't see it as having much effect on the way we play, or could play. If 500k over - surely only one or two players would need to go - its not as if the current squad have achieved anything.
More important that Klemmer Jackson stay and Des n friends go.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a load of bullshit. At worst we'd backflip on the foran and woods deal. Suggesting the club would allow klemmer and jackson out of their contracts is just embarrassing journalism

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another option might be the club pays at least part of a few players 2018 salaries before the end of 2017, all that can happen then is the club is deducted points and pays a fine we will get the spoon which is what we deserve anyway, those responsible will get the well deserved boot, and our club will be cap compliant with a fresh start in 2018.
If those responsible have any concern for our beloved club they sould consider this option.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If we lose Klemmer or Jackson for Foran and Woods, Dib and Hasler are even stupider than I thought. Normally I'd just call straight out bs on this......but our club has been so incompetent and self defeating lately that you have to wonder whether there's truth to it.

Whether it's true or not, I am convinced this club is run by donkeys.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des did this at manly now us surely they've realised he shouldnt be in charge of recruitment- if des doesnt go dib is more stubborn than des

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn't the fact Dib is trying to organise meetings with Greenberg and other Chairmen a good indication this might have legs?

Anybody involved in the this shitfest should be sacked immediately

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever wants Foran to F off is seriously off their head. Kieran Foran on his worst day, is light years better than any other half we've had at our club for a very long time. Aaron Woods on the other hand, i don't mind if he stays at the Tigers.
Out of our current squad, i don't care who leaves, apart from Jacko, Klemmer, and Montoya, considering his value for money ratio.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.............The whole team is for sale for being 1million over :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: how about not signing Foran????
Problem solved.

Ps fuck you des and dibshit.....

Status
Not open for further replies.