News ‘Young and dumb’: Xerri opens up on drugs ban and plan to ‘prove everyone wrong’ in NRL return

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's an interesting one. He was lean and a speed demon when he was on the gear, now he's natural he's training his physique for bulk and power. In the modern era I think he'd be better served being lean. He basically had the same shape as Critta has. And now he's more a David Fafita build
Yup, he’s a big mother fucker now lol!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
And Fox and Ch9 pay the money to the NRL because people watch the game. If no one went and no one watched, you think there will even be a Bulldogs?
Not being “Watched” on broadcast would be a problem. Not going to a game to watch, not so much.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He's an interesting one. He was lean and a speed demon when he was on the gear, now he's natural he's training his physique for bulk and power. In the modern era I think he'd be better served being lean. He basically had the same shape as Critta has. And now he's more a David Fafita build
He was a “speed demon” long before, more than a decade before, he took steroids to get over an injury quicker. At 10 years old he’s was faster than kids 2 and 3 years older. He was regularly tested due to his speed and power and only failed the one test.

Always a Bulldog

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was a “speed demon” long before, more than a decade before, he took steroids to get over an injury quicker. At 10 years old he’s was faster than kids 2 and 3 years older. He was regularly tested due to his speed and power and only failed the one test.

Always a Bulldog
I didn't mean the steroids "made" him quicker I just find it curious that he's bulking up as much as he is when speed/acceleration made him the weapon he was.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is why I’m very sceptical of the signing.
Maybe quietly cautious is the better term
Yes I'm a little bit the same, that's why I thought it's a little strange for someone to have been caught out doping is going to come back looking like the Incredible Hulk lol, he will cop a great many taunts from opposition crowds.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't mean the steroids "made" him quicker I just find it curious that he's bulking up as much as he is when speed/acceleration made him the weapon he was.
He was always well built, big shoulders, chest, large biceps, etc, he is a power runner not a marathoner. Face to face now after months with Roger he looks not a lot bigger than he was at Cronulla. But he is fast, like JAC fast, I'm looking forward to a few races between them at training.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m ready astounded that the kennel actually believes he only did steroids once.
Btw his bro is a roid dealer
Haha

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is the interview I have referred to a couple of times, around April this year.
He is NOT huge(last year he was)or that close to it now imo.This vision to me Is of a good sized powerfully built yet pacey 6 foot 2 odd BEAST of a player.
Bring it on, i'm wondering if @TheSexDogs Might find some spare love and get a bit moist for this specimen of a man :hearteyes:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
As a quick guy myself, who did little A as a kid, I can tell yo that speed can be improved with a little bit of bodily adjustments in the way you move and go about your day.
You guys probably won’t see me on the field due to Mulhollands death, but you’d see the way I move, stay agile and light on my feet ready to go. And move my arms N’Sync with my body when in full flight. Would have been the best back up half.
Brandon Wakeham with a bit more ZING and it’s so crazy how close it was. The Mounties deal was there. Was a real rags to bitches story in the making.
The older I get, the better I used to be.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All the 100m-200m runners are explosive muscle, power runners.
The longer distances much leaner for endurance.

His size not an issue. Probably tapering soon for the off season and the NRL physique thats individually gonna suit him best.

It's going to be very interesting to watch his progression back to first grade NRL.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Most professional sprinters are quite "bulky". The leg muscles speak for themselves and the upper body mass gives them drive in their running stride.

If he was hard to catch before and he's still quick and this size, he'll be even harder to catch and absolutely harder to stop. If he realises 10% of the pre-season hype, I'll be happy.

I hope we play the dirty sharks pre-season and I hope he mows a few of them over.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy is a complete tosser, v hard to warm to anything about this signing. All I can say is thank fuck TPJ is gone so we dont to watch multiple cretin human being in the same team.

Tough seeing nice guys and good footballers like Tolman, Averillo, JMK, Meaney etc go and replace them with scumbags who rarly deliver. Im just waiting for Gus to sign up stabber fainu once he gets released from jail to top things off. Maybe we can find a spot in the 17 for Jamal hopoate too