News ‘It was pretty ordinary’: Bulldogs players break ranks over Ciraldo’s ‘shark bait’ punishment

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This..

“Compare them to the Warriors under Andrew Webster, every player has gotten better there. You can’t say that about the Dogs, there’s something not right there.”

That’s what good coaches do they make players better..each player is different..it’s the role of the coach to find away to get the best out of em. Some thrive on these individual punishments.. others obviously don’t.. it’s not really about being tough. If you train hard work and get fit it comes out on the football field always.. it helps you enjoy your football..both in attack and defence..

I for one don’t agree with these ‘out of the box’ types of individual punishments..they’re a little childish and I think they are dumb and are a waste of time..I’d be getting em to do extra sprints, laps, a long run..shit like that. .

However, you gotta be made accountable for not adhering to the standards set by the club and coach which have to be clearly set out and the consequences known right from the get go. For me if one person does not meet the standards than the whole team has to take the punishment exactly like it happens out on the field. That whole notion of not letting your teammates down is the cornerstone of success. No player worth his salt wants to let the team mates down. This is what builds a team.
If you watched CC's presser yesterday, you would know that this was one of many forms of punishment they were looking to dish out for being late.

They've tried monetary, they've tried physical activities etc etc.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Funny how Topine, Nu and RFM are trying their absolute best to make the club look bad but no one’s buying it. Every single past player and the commentators are not buying what they’re trying to sell. They’re more irritated that they’re being moles and leaking this stuff. Like they’ve all said and will continue to say if it’s too hard there’s the door.
I think it was Braith who called them out, he said it's all fringe first graders, or something like that.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is my concern.

Tough talkers on TK going off half cocked all based on bloody gossip column journos who have a beef with Gus and/or the Bulldogs...fallen for whatever theyve said hook line and sinker crucifying our players.
Funny coming from someone that’s shit on okunbor all year :laughing: :laughing: Fucking Hypocrite.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it was Braith who called them out, he said it's all fringe first graders, or something like that.
Braith has earned back a little respect for me in this time.

I always looked at him as the type of player who could not wait to get the hell away from our club, and almost forget what good we did for his career. Perhaps being labelled the most overrated player in the game with us multiple years in a row does not bode well in his mind, and he taints us with a sour brush as a result.

But the way he has spoken so candidly about the way it was, and the way it should be... there was still some Bulldog pride shining out of him which drew some level of admiration for how he spoke.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No need to post this crap when there are already 25 other threads on this. The media are milking this for all it's worth. You'd think the players were gang raped worse than Ed Norton was in American History X based on the reports..
Then he will ask for the rehashed DT version to be posted into a new thread. Cooked

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His non-performance justifies us ripping into the weak ****.
True but I don't trust a word those scum jounos say, their primary goal is too cause disharmony amongst our club. They're having a field day with this and coming up with article after article. Who knows how much of it is true.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
True but I don't trust a word those scum jounos say, their primary goal is too cause disharmony amongst our club. They're having a field day with this and coming up with article after article. Who knows how much of it is true.
Yeah I'm with you 100%, I'm just going off the efforts for our club. Half of them should be booted out 4:05pm on Sunday and not waste 1 more second on the shit *****.

Too many passengers, not enough drivers. What makes it worse is some drivers are the worst shit ***** on the field IE Burton.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The reason we are in the shit we are is because players have been allowed to drive standards, this attitude towards players is exactly why we are where are. You meet the standards that the club and the coach set then you get a say not before.
Thats one delusional way of looking at it but not a long term successful way.

Any successful motivator and professional sports psychologist of team sports knows that you put the emphasis on personal and collective accountability on the team and its leaders to set standards.

If you dont have the players buying in and taking personal ownership of standards they themselves developed you are highly unlikely to see them listening or adhering to rules and regulations imposed by others they have not engaged with.

We have seen that for the majority of this year already. It hasn't worked. The players weren't invested enough amongst themselves.

Until you have those players who drive their own standards you are a Bulldogs, Dragons, Tigers type team.

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The reason we are in the shit we are is because players have been allowed to drive standards, this attitude towards players is exactly why we are where are. You meet the standards that the club and the coach set then you get a say not before.
Correct

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Funny coming from someone that’s shit on okunbor all year :laughing: :laughing: Fucking Hypocrite.
There was proof on the field. I wasnt relying on journos like you have bagging players without proof lol

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
Other possible bitches are Flamingo, Topine and possibly Burton.
Flamingo has clear defiecencies in his game but effort is not one of them. Like it or not he has that work effort that we need.