News ‘I am going to right the wrongs I put in place,’ says Dogs powerbroker

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes more than sure there is a new coach coming in about to start a very important pre season and he needs to hit the ground running. He has been negotiating with recruits and needs to finalise his roster. There is not enough time for a proper EGM before preseason. It should have happened months ago if it were to happen. Best get ready for a strong ticket 2022.
Yes agree overall, and strategically poor, but its done now and tabled.

Could they withdraw the presentation of signatures for the EGM even if they wanted to now?

Is that legal under the clubs constituation?

There would be members who have signed that bit of paper in good faith, who are on neither side, but signed bc they aren't happy with things as they stand atm.

Does John K, or anyone else for that matter, have the power to withdraw a paid up member's right to call for a EGM?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes agree overall, and strategically poor, but its done now and tabled.

Could they withdraw the presentation of signatures for the EGM even if they wanted to now?

Is that legal under the clubs constituation?

There would be members who have signed that bit of paper in good faith, who are on neither side, but signed bc they aren't happy with things as they stand atm.

Does John K, or anyone else for that matter, have the power to withdraw a paid up member's right to call for a EGM?
John K knows a lot of people but not sure who is really behind him. Hopefully people can see this is not the right time. Don’t know to be honest about your other questions some others maybe better placed to answer on the constitution.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
John K knows a lot of people but not sure who is really behind him. Hopefully people can see this is not the right time. Don’t know to be honest about your other questions some others may have a better places to answer on the constitution.
Can't see them backing down, now that theyve set this in motion. Its kinda an all or nothing scenario.

Sounds like we'll hear more on Tuesday?

Someone mentioned Tuesday. Still nothing from the club.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kids would rather tick tack than do any research about the history of our club.

They'd probably want to play fortnight over learning off some old codger too.

Not my boy though lol.
Kids are fickle, would take a special kind of kid to keep supporting the dogs when their this bad at the moment.

80s was my era, but the club has pushed the past so much recently, seemingly at the expense of the present. I’m sick of seeing “the old days”, it just reminds me of how shit we are now.

Realistically nothing will change significantly recruitment-wise until Panthers are out of the finals (or win), and Cam Smith announces his fucking decision. No I don’t know anything, but they’re the two clubs we will get the players we need from imo

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure Bulldogs Supporters understand how much damage this jerk is doing to our club. Being supported and encouraged by the media. Strange how the media has gone out of its way to find people to fuel this crap by asking certain people questions then publishing the answers they want. Smell a set up here from the media and it seems this jerk took the bait

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fucking hell. People talk about HOllbrook as if he's some Messiah. He would've taken over a complete mess of a squad with useless players and not been able to replace them with anything. Stop talking about him as if we should've gone down that route.
I'm happy with the Barrett appointment... But the Holbrook option was one that should have been taken

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
My generation of fans and fans after me barely know who Bullfrog is/was. The only reason why I know anything of him is from on here from older fans. If I'm being 100% honest he means little to nothing to me as a fan. It's time to get up to speed with the current times. His comment is spot on. For me, especially with someone like El Masri and that playing group and after.
I was more pointing to the fact that the ****’s just making shit up, but yeah I get the generational change and the younger fans have more than likely come through without any idea who the bloke was or what he built in the past.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do research? Lol, no.

History is important and it's crucial that the club continues to respect individuals that achieved greatness in the past and immortalises them within the clubs culture. But you need to strike a balance between what mattered then and what matters today.

It's like when certain fans bang on about Lamb or Mortimer and claim they should mentor the youngsters...these kids couldn't give a fuck. These kids didn't see them play and grew up idolising a different generation, not to mention the game back them is totally different to what it is today.

I have not been a fan of this board in the least, the obsession with the past and continual need to constantly reference it in almost every press release has been a major turn off. Focus on today and link the past with the present where necessary, hire a fucking decent CEO, a fucking decent GM, get people in that know how to run the club like the business it is today, etc.
Bullfrog was arguably the greatest club administrator in history . Built success on strong junior development, successful recruitment and a wining culture. All still relevant in today's game. I agree Lynn shouldn't be in the job just by relationship to her father.

A healthy respect of our past and club history is an important foundation moving forward. My impression of the statement this John fella has said is disrespectful and appalling. Peter Moore and his team built strong foundations for a 20 - 25 yr period of success.

Can Lynne and her team have the same success i don't know . I am prepared to vote for them to finish there term and gauge there results .

I'm also prepared to back the Laundry to be involved in the club as well. Each to there own thou.

Rebuilding a club takes time , stability and the right people to do there jobs well and luck. In fighting gets you nowhere.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is this clown a powerbroker?? Unbelievable that people actually listen to him
How???
For starters, it’s the Bulldogs, so not very hard to get in a foot in the door in a virus infested shithole.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
how is this in the best intentions of the club? what player would want to come with this shitshow going on?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The qld govt built the stadium what you on about Willis?
I was going to suggest toilet cleaner, but he'd have to start by proving himself as a toilet brush before we let him actually use a toilet brush.

I think it was a hugely different set of problems with the Titans when she was there. Their big issue at that time was financial instability after building their stadium. I honestly didn't follow her career there though so I'm not going to comment on her success or failures there as I truly don't know.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right, so your saying lets continue with them doing a poor job? Poor job , but stable? Ok...
I think lynn has done a very poor job and her track record is very poor ,however in the interests of stability i feel let them have this year to see if the team does turn itself around.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Right, so your saying lets continue with them doing a poor job? Poor job , but stable? Ok...
And you're saying to give the job to that nothing real estate agent? As that's the only face we're seeing atm. The group that has made it near impossible to attract new players because of the upheaval at the club.

Personally I don't really care who's on the board, I just want to focus on the footy. I'm pissed as I was seriously pumped for next year with a new coach and coaching staff.

Just wish all of this unnecessary shit could've waited a few months till we've done all of our recruiting. If you want a new board then, fair enough. I certainly wouldn't stand in your way.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even if you are on the side of wanting them out, this clown shouldn't be anywhere near picking or getting new people appointed. This is the clown who put them in, in the first place lol.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe so, but one would think he is representing the other side and no doubt they have done their numbers
The only numbers so far are the ones passed onto the club.
We will have to just wait and see what happens down the track

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fucking hell. People talk about HOllbrook as if he's some Messiah. He would've taken over a complete mess of a squad with useless players and not been able to replace them with anything. Stop talking about him as if we should've gone down that route.
Agree.titans roster makes ours look like a Canterbury cup side.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
All I want is people with the best interests in the club delivering results, I can’t say the current board has delivered
And I don't trust a politician when he says he can deliver.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have had a difficult time for the last 10 years or so. There were changes made in their endeavour to correct things.
The changes have been basically unsuccessful, but they tried. Now this clown puts his head into the picture, and his
efforts will set the club back at least another 4 or 5 years.
Let the current board remain until the election, and then let the voting members decide.