News ‘I am going to right the wrongs I put in place,’ says Dogs powerbroker

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think lynn has done a very poor job and her track record is very poor ,however in the interests of stability i feel let them have this year to see if the team does turn itself around.
I reckon it just looks poor because of how big the clean up job was... Cant disregard the fact she and the new board have had to battle and are still battling the old board and their cronies along the way too.

Absolutely no brainer in my opinion to let her and her crew at least finish what they have started and let them fall on their own sword when the time comes because we may find ourselves in a position of "if only's and what if's" otherwise.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon it just looks poor because of how big the clean up job was... Cant disregard the fact she and the new board have had to battle and are still battling the old board and their cronies along the way too.

Absolutely no brainer in my opinion to let her and her crew at least finish what they have started and let them fall on their own sword when the time comes because we may find ourselves in a position of "if only's and what if's" otherwise.
She lacks leadership is my issue,she is in the top job and ive never seen the club in such a low toxic mess ,fish rots from the head she needs to rein all this shit in with these factions.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone supporting this mob has no idea. Yes we where in a big mess and yes they had a battle on there hands to get us back to contenders but cmon, we came second last and getting worse every year. Nothing has improved atall! I’d love to eat my words and see success next year if they stick around but I just think living off a club legends name is far from having The knowledge to actually do something about this mess. I think we need people with more experience to take over. Who? I have no idea but from what we have seen so far this mob has done f all to get my support.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
“People ask, who is this Bullfrog?” No they don’t, fuck off wanker.
My generation of fans and fans after me barely know who Bullfrog is/was. The only reason why I know anything of him is from on here from older fans. If I'm being 100% honest he means little to nothing to me as a fan. It's time to get up to speed with the current times. His comment is spot on. For me, especially with someone like El Masri and that playing group and after.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My generation of fans and fans after me barely know who Bullfrog is/was. The only reason why I know anything of him is from on here from older fans. If I'm being 100% honest he means little to nothing to me as a fan. It's time to get up to speed with the current times. His comment is spot on. For me, especially with someone like El Masri and that playing group and after.
Yeh i second this. I started following the dogs in 2003. I only know the name bullfrog. Couldnt tell you when he was in power, what he did etc etc. Its irrelevant to me

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just let the current board do there time. This peanutt needs to shut up and get a rival ticket together for the next election. Til then let the club function how the members voted.

The Anderson's aren't going to leave nor should they, as the members voted them in. If things don't improve then vote them out next election.

Personally the Anderson's plan is slowly being played and results should show in the coming years. I know where my vote will be going ..

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe go and do some research and then you might understand his relevance to the club and what made us a powerhouse club for 20yrs.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeh i second this. I started following the dogs in 2003. I only know the name bullfrog. Couldnt tell you when he was in power, what he did etc etc. Its irrelevant to me
Maybe go and do some research then and understand history of our club and what made us a powerhouse for 20yrs.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe go and do some research and then you might understand his relevance to the club and what made us a powerhouse club for 20yrs.
Maybe go and do some research then and understand history of our club and what made us a powerhouse for 20yrs.
Yup, it was good enough for Luke Thompson, who made reference to the clubs history and heritage as reasons he signed on. It'd certainly be good enough for fans of any age. We won admission to the top flight in 1934, and played our first season in 1935. We are now the third oldest club in the NRL. There is a lot of history that goes with that, and there are good players out there like Luke who will absolutely buy into the history and want to be a part of it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yup, it was good enough for Luke Thompson, who made reference to the clubs history and heritage as reasons he signed on. It'd certainly be good enough for fans of any age. We won admission to the top flight in 1934, and played our first season in 1935. We are now the third oldest club in the NRL. There is a lot of history that goes with that, and there are good players out there like Luke who will absolutely buy into the history and want to be a part of it.
History for more than the majority of players in our side is who they grew up watching. That's the same for fans. You can't forget it completely (as some older fans still hold onto it) but they're targeting the wrong timeline imo. That's what old mate it saying and from my perspective and fans around the same age group (I'd imagine to an even bigger extent to those after me) I'm pretty sure it's the same for them too.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not sold on the pillars being delivered yet like a lot of others but an EGM or any agitation now is a very unwarranted distraction ... some people need to realise pre seasons starts in 4-6 weeks. Barrett will be here training his squad.. I’m very confident he has been negotiating with players to join shortly.. the agitators need to hold onto their hat at least until after Christmas.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Do research? Lol, no.

History is important and it's crucial that the club continues to respect individuals that achieved greatness in the past and immortalises them within the clubs culture. But you need to strike a balance between what mattered then and what matters today.

It's like when certain fans bang on about Lamb or Mortimer and claim they should mentor the youngsters...these kids couldn't give a fuck. These kids didn't see them play and grew up idolising a different generation, not to mention the game back them is totally different to what it is today.

I have not been a fan of this board in the least, the obsession with the past and continual need to constantly reference it in almost every press release has been a major turn off. Focus on today and link the past with the present where necessary, hire a fucking decent CEO, a fucking decent GM, get people in that know how to run the club like the business it is today, etc.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m not sold on the pillars being delivered yet like a lot of others but an EGM or any agitation now is a very unwarranted distraction ... some people need to realise pre seasons starts in 4-6 weeks. Barrett will be here training his squad.. I’m very confident he has been negotiating with players to join shortly.. the agitators need to hold onto their hat at least until after Christmas.
You sure? Christmas?

If we're going to have a EGM and the fall out better to get it over with asap.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Do research? Lol, no.

History is important and it's crucial that the club continues to respect individuals that achieved greatness in the past and immortalises them within the clubs culture. But you need to strike a balance between what mattered then and what matters today.

It's like when certain fans bang on about Lamb or Mortimer and claim they should mentor the youngsters...these kids couldn't give a fuck. These kids didn't see them play and grew up idolising a different generation, not to mention the game back them is totally different to what it is today.

I have not been a fan of this board in the least, the obsession with the past and continual need to constantly reference it in almost every press release has been a major turn off. Focus on today and link the past with the present where necessary, hire a fucking decent CEO, a fucking decent GM, get people in that know how to run the club like the business it is today, etc.
Thats the way it is nowdays.

These players dont listen to the older players or relate to old team rivalries and grudges, and you only have to see that in our traditiional rivalry with Parra in match ups.

Once upon a time our players were on a high playing against Parra and tearing paint off the dressing room walls to get out there.

We havent moved with the times and have been left behind.

Barrett will be a more relevant coach and we need to be confident we have the best back office.

Maybe none of these two rival sides are good enough.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can research Bullfrog all you want but you can only get so much from reading or getting told stories. Bullfrog will always resonate more for the people that lived through his successes. It’s just the way it is.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ballesty -I am happy with what we have achieved ??
Fucking delusional
John- I created this fuck up but I want to fix it.
Timing diplorable but I like what he’s said about the sponsorship drama.
I am one step closer to knowing which way to vote

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ballesty -I am happy with what we have achieved ??
Fucking delusional
John- I created this fuck up but I want to fix it.
Timing diplorable but I like what he’s said about the sponsorship drama.
I am one step closer to knowing which way to vote
It all hinges on what they have to say to justify all of this and the exact reasons why THEY say Anderson, Ballesty and Dunn should go. Then voters will decide.

If they make a good case and there is a smoking gun, then you'd hope members vote according to evidence, and not solely due to their personal ties to individuals.

The club, and us supporters, are in these voters hands so it's an extremely important task.

Good luck everyone when you choose who you are supporting.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You sure? Christmas?

If we're going to have a EGM and the fall out better to get it over with asap.
Yes more than sure there is a new coach coming in about to start a very important pre season and he needs to hit the ground running. He has been negotiating with recruits and needs to finalise his roster. There is not enough time for a proper EGM before preseason. It should have happened months ago if it were to happen. Best get ready for a strong ticket 2022.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone supporting this mob has no idea. Yes we where in a big mess and yes they had a battle on there hands to get us back to contenders but cmon, we came second last and getting worse every year. Nothing has improved atall! I’d love to eat my words and see success next year if they stick around but I just think living off a club legends name is far from having The knowledge to actually do something about this mess. I think we need people with more experience to take over. Who? I have no idea but from what we have seen so far this mob has done f all to get my support.
They trusted Pay and his team to recruit. Pay was a dib-saster appointment. There mistake was not landing Holbrook but now lets see what Barrett can do.

This isn't fantasy football where we can go out and sign everyone in 1 season. It takes time to get out of this mess.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kids would rather tick tack than do any research about the history of our club.

They'd probably want to play fortnight over learning off some old codger too.

Not my boy though lol.