News ‘Headed for divorce’: Hunt tipped for Dragons exit as ‘perfect’ rival club closes in

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You might be on to something according to ciraldo Reynolds embodies all the qualities and attributes he is looking for in a successful bulldogs player. We need more, not less Reynolds and a premiership is guaranteed.
#morereynolds !!
Lol dahahahahahaha

Fark yeah Robbo I think first order of business would be sack the bulldog and make Josh Renyolds costume as our new mascot.

There's another Premiership in the bag right there

#morerenyolds 4EVA

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Remember when Anasta said that he had reached out to the Dogs if they wanted him to coach the halves last year? He tried to make a big deal out of them not returning his call LOL.

I highly doubt he ever reached out and IF he did, he should not be surprised nobody replied. He's a flog. True colours were shown when he got up on the stage at canterbury leagues after we won the comp and yelled 'FUCK ROOSTERS' then within 6 months he signed with them. Fuck him!
Pretty sure weeks ago he come out and had a bit to say about the Tigers poor recruitment the last couple of years aswell...
Funny thing is he signed a bid money deal with Tigers when he was well and truly past it/finished.....
Don't know what he was critisizing for, he did quiet well when it was his go....

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure weeks ago he come out and had a bit to say about the Tigers poor recruitment the last couple of years aswell...
Funny thing is he signed a bid money deal with Tigers when he was well and truly past it/finished.....
Don't know what he was critisizing for, he did quiet well when it was his go....
Dont blmae him. Tigers are the retirement home for dogs players

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oloapu has many positions as possible options, but he's young and we've got him for 4 years. Let him find his feet wherever that is (could be 6 with Burto at centre, or at 14 or Cup for a while), but Hunt at 7 would be great. Would be massive to have him next year and even better, this year too.
Getting Hunt would allow us to be patient with KO.

I would not be the slightest bit concerned if he spent most of next season in reserves.

The team will be much improved in the following seasons and KO with 20/30 games under his belt will have a much smoother transaction into the NRL than he is currently experiencing.

I feel sorry for the kid, as he has by necessity, been thrown to the wolves.

Watch him win MOTM on Sunday! lol.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

I would not be the slightest bit concerned if he spent most of next season in reserves.

The team will be much improved in the following seasons and KO with 20/30 games under his belt will have a much smoother transaction into the NRL than he is currently experiencing.

Hunt also has the ability to give Reed a breather too

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You sure?? I'm sure he was quoted as saying he was very close. I may be wrong though.
Only because we were his only option.

As soon as the Warriors popped their heads up he ran in their direction.

SJ wants to retire a Warrior.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So a player can just walk out on a contract?
It's total paper talk bullshit. It wouldn't be a story at all but for Hunt saying publically a few weeks ago that he supported Griffin and if Griffin was sacked, Hunt would have to think about his commitment to the club. well he can take all the time he wants to think. There's something called a contract and it's registered with the NRL, St George won't break it. So it's a non story. I recall years ago Tallis wanted out of his St George contract to go early to the Broncos. What did St George do? They put him on gardening leave for a year. St George rightly said....You either play for us in accordance with your contract or you can shut the fuck up and sit out. There's NO F**CKEN WAY Hunt leaves before the end of 2025. So play on..nothin to see here. Player managers creating unrealistic expectations in players minds are to blame here. A contract is a contract is a contract.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Agree. Would be brill bringing Hunt in but it seems as tho it's all fantasy talk ATM

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's total paper talk bullshit. It wouldn't be a story at all but for Hunt saying publically a few weeks ago that he supported Griffin and if Griffin was sacked, Hunt would have to think about his commitment to the club. well he can take all the time he wants to think. There's something called a contract and it's registered with the NRL, St George won't break it. So it's a non story. I recall years ago Tallis wanted out of his St George contract to go early to the Broncos. What did St George do? They put him on gardening leave for a year. St George rightly said....You either play for us in accordance with your contract or you can shut the fuck up and sit out. There's NO F**CKEN WAY Hunt leaves before the end of 2025. So play on..nothin to see here. Player managers creating unrealistic expectations in players minds are to blame here. A contract is a contract is a contract.
Yeah put 800k of your cap on the sidelines and forfeit the season. That's a good strategy. If Hunt kicks stones they will have to release him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What most are forgetting about Hunt is that he has always shown a consistent urge to run the ball. This would be enhanced with Mahoney's service, would actually give our #9 someone to play to for once who can read numbers and space.

Hounddub

Waterboy
Reaction score
It's a double edged sword, only need to see what it's done at the Broncos with Adam Reynolds. And look what happens to the Broncos when Reynolds isn't there.

We went down this path when we recruited Foran and got zero value.

Personally, I think Karl is a real player and we should build the program around building cohesion and experience between him, Burton and Reed.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a double edged sword, only need to see what it's done at the Broncos with Adam Reynolds. And look what happens to the Broncos when Reynolds isn't there.

Personally, I think Karl is a real player and we should build the program around building cohesion and experience between him, Burton and Reed.
I see the thinking, but the difference is we have a million dollar 5/8 here already with a 18 Year Old Halfback with a lot of promise that could learn a thing or 2 from a 300 game vetaran.

I see it more akin to Cronk signing with the Roosters. They had an established 5/8 in Keary and had built their squad to be Premiership contendors.

Meanwhile the Broncos have no depth in the halves and Foran was an injured 5/8 trying to be a Halfback in a Reserve Grade side.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

hunt is not the same as Foran at all, he has never played less than 15 games a season and his last injury was a broken arm a few years ago? Not even soft tissue injury.

Dude took a very below average dragons roster to within the 8 12 months ago and has won them games on his own this year…wouldn’t stick around for more than 2 years which works with our halves situation perfectly

still need some middles but it’s not one or the other

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope I’m wrong but Dog’s just don’t seem like the type of club that can pull this off going off our recent track record.

If it was a rooster rumor you’d bet a pretty penny it was gonna happen.
I highly doubt St George Illawarra are gonna let an Australian spine player go that easily. If I were them and if they’re well within their rights I’d be firmly digging my heels in and no doubt they are.

Last edited: