‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ppl know what they see. We regularly see latrell doing dirty shit when things arent going his way. The lifting elbow while in possession is a regular. Leading with knees in tackles, dodgy tackles. He has shit discipline.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ppl know what they see. We regularly see latrell doing dirty shit when things arent going his way. The lifting elbow while in possession is a regular. Leading with knees in tackles, dodgy tackles. He has shit discipline.
And getting worse and more blatant that he wants to run riot doing as he pleases.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Gee it is not at if he hasn't been booed in the past and that was basically looked at as not out of the ordinary, part of being an NRL player in the spotlight, but once it involves us it becomes something "sinister". No one can say anything at all that is negative about the bloke without it becoming "racial" Criticism has come from many directions on and off the field, and indeed from one of his "brothers" in one instance, so how come now it is?

For heaven's sake. Why do people continually insinuate that the booing Latrell receives is racially motivated. They are the ones who are stirring the pot and pushing the agenda in this direction. No one I spoke to on the weekend at the game and indeed after were thinking "We are going to ( or did ) boo Latrell because he is indigenous" Simply put it was due to his behaviour in our last meeting and in subsequent games against other sides. The JAC incident was simply the icing on the cake.

Many great indigenous players have graced the footy field over the years and we as a club have had a few; Tony Currie, JT, Jamal Idris, Ewen McGrady ( my personal favourite), Rocket Rod Silva, Willie Tonga, Gavin Lester and of course JAC.. How many of them have been booed? If race was a motivation everyone of those players would.

The way in which someone behaves and acts can most certainly dictate the way in which they are seen and colour of skin doesn't come into it, unless someone insinuates it.

He has rubbed fans of a lot of teams up the wrong way simply because of the way he behaves on and off the field. He has a habit of trying to rub opposition fans up the wrong way with a "shoosh" , he milks penalties and uses grubby tactics and he polarizes many with things he says and does off field.

Someone tells him he needs to show respect (Gould) and everyone gets their knickers in a knot. He wants to be respected , okay that is a two way street, so he needs to understand that some of the things he says and does are disrespectful.

Fans are upset that just recently he was excused for using a tirade of expletives commenting that he would not apologize for doing so. In fact the spin was put on the whole thing that the broadcaster should bear the brunt of the blame because there was both audio and visual record of the whole affair. Perhaps if he had directed those words at someone in the NRL he might have been punished just as Brandon Smith was with a three match suspension. Other players have sworn but the difference being that they have stopped themselves, apologized and not continued with it. Ask Roosters fans how they feel about the Tedesco incident this season. Ask the Souths fans how they reacted to his laziness and lack of urgency in the same game which cost his team. They were ropeable and showed their displeasure but has the possibility of any of that being wrong been brought up?

I am so over the agenda driven comments of certain parts of the media.

In the NRL 2018 finals series, Mitchell was handed a one match suspension after being charged for a crusher tackle on Josh Dugan in the Roosters victory over Cronulla.

In Game 1 of the 2019 State of Origin series, Mitchell was sin binned for a professional foul on Matt Gillett in the 58th minute,[29] and dropped for the subsequent games.[30]

On 27 April 2020, Mitchell was fined $1000 by the NRL and placed under investigation after he broke strict lockdown protocols with fellow NRL player Josh Addo-Carr by going on a weekend camping trip during the COVID-19 pandemic.

On 28 April, Mitchell was fined an additional $50,000 by the NRL for breaching strict self-isolation protocols and for bringing the game into disrepute.[103] On 9 November, Taree Local Court sentenced Mitchell to a 12-month conditional release order after he pleaded guilty to giving a firearm to a person not authorised by a licence or permit.[104]

On 20 April, Mitchell was suspended for four weeks after being charged over two incidents during South Sydney's victory over the Wests Tigers in round 6. The incidents involved Mitchell lashing out at Wests player Luke Garner with his boot, and a late hit to the head of David Nofoaluma. Mitchell was also fined $3000 by the NRL[46] and ruled ineligible for a 2021 Dally M Medal due to this suspension.

However, his season ended when sin-binned for an illegal shoulder charge on Roosters player Joseph Manu, who left the field with a fractured cheekbone.[52] Mitchell subsequently took an early plea after being charged with a grade two reckless high tackle charge and was suspended for six matches (675 points).[53] Without his prior offences, Mitchell would have been offered a four-week ban.[54] Consequently, Mitchell missed playing in the 2021 finals series and the 2021 NRL Grand Final against the Penrith Panthers.

On 1 September 2021, NSW State of Origin coach Brad Fittler warned that Mitchell could "end up shortening his career" if unable to stay out of trouble on the field.[55]

In round 17, Mitchell stood in as captain and kicked six out of eight goals for South Sydney in their 40–28 victory over the Newcastle Knights at McDonald Jones Stadium.[66] In the 18th minute, he was placed on report for high contact to the head of Newcastle winger Dominic Young.[67]

In round 25, he successfully kicked two of three conversion goal attempts for South Sydney in their 26–16 loss to the Sydney Roosters at Sydney Football Stadium.[70] In the 70th minute, Mitchell was sin-binned for ten minutes for deliberately impeding the play the ball off the back of repeat set restarts.[71]

A few days before round 25, he was filmed shotgunning beer onstage at a concert.[88] Apart from successfully kicking one of two goal attempts, "two crucial errors" in round 25 led directly to opposition tries in South Sydney's 10-29 loss to the Newcastle Knights, and in the final minutes Mitchell was sin-binned for an elbow to the back of Tyson Frizell's head.[89][90] Mitchell later conceded that this "grubby act has no place in the game".[91] An early guilty plea to a grade two dangerous contact charge resulted in a one-match suspension that ruled Mitchell out of playing in South Sydney's last game of the season.[92][93
I wrote this, and I think people are all starting to see what I'm seeing. That Latrell might need to leave the NRL, or do something drastic.

The biggest take away should be that... Latrell very obviously doesn't want to be a professional. I think he does want to be a sportsman... he just doesn't care at all for being a professional. To this end... Gus Gould was wrong with what he said on Nine. He's right about getting control of a player who wants a career, but needs guidance. But he's wrong because of that framing.

I've been telling friends, family for a long while, Latrell doesn't really care for a career. He strikes me as a player whose immense talents forced him towards a RL career, and he feels trapped.

To me he has two options. He could emulate Thurston, and go to Townsville, and hope the relative quiet builds an enthusiasm and seriousness around this career that's captured him. Or he could just walk away completely. I think he wants the latter but knows the demons that will attack him should he do it.
This video sums things up for me:

Because Meninga agrees this isn't racial, and Meninga himself is an example of a physical player that no one boo'ed and everyone just appreciated for his athleticism and skill.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wrote this, and I think people are all starting to see what I'm seeing. That Latrell might need to leave the NRL, or do something drastic.

Because Meninga agrees this isn't racial, and Meninga himself is an example of a physical player that no one boo'ed and everyone just appreciated for his athleticism and skill.
I think he got booed when using that plastic? arm guard. A few thought it was dangerous to other players and he should not be allowed to wear it :grinning:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whoever claims his boo’ing as racial needs to prove it, it’s too a easy a card to play and people believe it without proof, they tried to make it racial when we played souths last and it stigmatises us.

If he leaves cause he can't deal with it than thats water off a ducks back.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Geez when you see some of these antics of totally illegal play by this guy it calls into question the kind of game Vlad etc are running. Total mickey mouse set up. He does what he likes and gets called a good guy by the head of the NRLol.

If any other player did just ONE of these things, they would face a 6 months ban.

I hope he does leave the game. Maybe the NRLol and dirty Souths reputation would be the beneficiaries if we, and the players, no longer had to put up with him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Whoever claims his boo’ing as racial needs to prove it, it’s too a easy a card to play and people believe it without proof, they tried to make it racial when we played souths last and it stigmatises us.

If he leaves cause he can't deal with it than thats water off a ducks back.
The booing first started by Rorter fans....and that's tribalism. Look at the penalties and injuries he has given to all those other team players.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just listening to MMM and it’s good to hear the commentators and former players finally giving it to Mitchell about his poor attitude and history of charges and offences.

The bloke is lucky to see anything with his view blocked so badly by the massive chip on each shoulder. People don’t boo him because he is indigenous, they boo him because he acts like an untouchable wanker that thinks he can do whatever he wants. They boo him because of who is and not what he is..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
V'landys should come out with the same energy and say don't suspend him or criticise him in the media, he's a good person. He only elbowed Johnson in the head and lifted Harris in the tackle because he was trying to help them out.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just listening to MMM and it’s good to hear the commentators and former players finally giving it to Mitchell about his poor attitude and history of charges and offences.

The bloke is lucky to see anything with his view blocked so badly by the massive chip on each shoulder. People don’t boo him because he is indigenous, they boo him because he acts like an untouchable wanker that thinks he can do whatever he wants. They boo him because of who is and not what he is..
See I'm conflicted about this. I didn't hear the segment, but if they went in hard on the basis that his attitude needs to adjust with his *ambitions*... IMO they've failed to detect that the problem is his lack of ambition. Or so it seems.

That swearing fit.. it can't be ignored for what it is. A player who should know better, and does know better.. but obviously is indifferent to the consequences.

That's on the rabbits and not him. If that's Latrell's mindset, they need to take a hit and find him something completely away from the game, until he matures and regains his enthusiasm.. if at all.

He's said explicitly, he'd prefer to be on his farm. Being in denial is just getting closer to a catastrophic outcome, heaven forbid

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cody Walker is the same noticed a few times yesterday he was using his forearm to the throat when he was on top of players.just dirty grubs

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The booing first started by Rorter fans....and that's tribalism. Look at the penalties and injuries he has given to all those other team players.
Not even. If he'd done what he did to Manu, to eg. a Titans player, he'd be boo'ed on the Gold Coast. The tribal think plus pluses it

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I could care less what other clubs fans do towards him, we got painted with a racial brush for booing him and the media played it that way to deflect from the grub he is.

We got a bad wrap already and unless proven otherwise the booing from us had nothing to do about racism but all to do with how much a grub he is.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ignored the covid rules in Taree with JAC.
Was that the time he was going back to his culture
I never knew riding motor bikes and shooting guns is aboriginal culture????
Or have I got that confused with another time he was doing dodgy shit off the field?