‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Think back to when he slid into Tyson Frizell after he was tackled and elbowed/hipped him in the back. Now that was a penalty, a sin bin and he was charged with a weeks suspension after a guilty plea. And Tyson wasn't hurt.

Compare that to JAC.

So NRL. Take your pick. You are either protecting the fat slob as some sort of the weirdest virtue signalling of all time, you are completely against the Dogs to the point where you are not even hiding it anymore or you are just plain incompetent.

What a fckng laugh.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wally Lewis was booed his whole career every time he played a club game in NSW. Cam Smith was booed constantly. Mick Ennis.. Adrian Morley.. James Graham used to get booed by opposition fans. We booed Klemmer.. Josh Reynolds would get booed.. They're all white boys. I don't remember the NRL CEO stepping in and saying it's not fair to boo those players..

Maybe it's more about fans not liking players who do reckless and dangerous things on the field constantly? Booing is a part of sport.

Again, if anything racist is said then those fans should be banned as that is disgraceful. But 99% of fans are booing because of the player and their actions, not because or the colour of their skin.
Very true , Victims, it is the new currency to get what they want but the pendalum is starting to swing back back albiet slowly.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He probably is a nice person. People aren’t booing him in the streets, it’s on the footy field. That’s just fans having some entertainment and being engaged in the contest. That’s the tribalism you speak so fondly of Pete

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can someone call me an ambulance. I'm vomiting so fucking hard my heels just came up. I thought I was done with the vomiting until they defended both roosters fans for booing him as he was a former player there.

Is the NRL so hard up for role models that they can't help but protect grubs.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres the truth! No matter how much we would have fought and yes the game may have been winnable… the rort of the league wouldn’t have let them go 0/4

Last edited:

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
What’s going to be the media soon when he is left out of origin. Because no way he can be picked on form. Or will Latrell preemptively say he is not available to avoid embarrassment.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the SMH...

The Canterbury fans who booed Latrell Mitchell would think twice about doing it again if they were aware of the tireless work he does to help Indigenous kids.

That was the simple message from ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys, who on Wednesday will board a flight to Moree with Mitchell, Cody Walker and NSW Premier Chris Minns – a Bulldogs supporter – to help run an Indigenous program.

Moree, in north-western NSW, is experiencing a surge in youth crime.

Mitchell was booed by some Sydney Roosters supporters the previous week – which was expected given he played for them before joining their arch-rivals – but the heckling he received on Good Friday from Bulldogs fans at Accor Stadium, especially in the first half, evoked memories of the ugly scenes that followed him at different stages in 2022.

The NRL will be keeping an eye on the situation.

Mitchell met NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo this month to address the South Sydney star’s expletive-laden post-match interview with Triple M and his public commentary on Spencer Leniu’s racial slur in Las Vegas, but the game’s boss also listened to concerns about how he was portrayed and treated in public.

V’landys has got to know Mitchell and said he was often misunderstood by rival fans.

“I’m heading to Moree with Latrell and Cody for a program run by the NRL and NSW Police, which is aimed at helping Indigenous kids and helping them stay on the right track, and away from a life of crime,” V’landys said.

“Latrell and Cody are the faces of this program. Some of that booing on Friday would have been sheer tribalism from Bulldogs fans, and they directed it at the opposition’s highest-profile player.

"He makes mistakes – we all do – but if only people realised what a good person Latrell is, they wouldn’t boo him.”

NSW Police Assistant Commissioner Gavin Wood told this masthead this month how Mitchell and Walker were working behind the scenes to combat rising crime among youths in regional areas, and did so “without any fanfare”.

There was a touching moment in the Bulldogs game when Mitchell stayed down and showed concern for good friend Josh Addo-Carr, who was knocked out in a collision between the two on the stroke of half-time. Mitchell was later charged by the match review committee with dangerous contact, but could escape with a fine. Addo-Carr and Mitchell embraced after full-time.

Jack Wighton scored two tries to help Souths notch their first win of the year, but would not be drawn on the booing of his good mate Mitchell. He did, however, admire the way he comforted “The Foxx”.

“I’ve got a lot of love for him and will always have his back, but Trell can talk on Trell,” Wighton said.

“That’s all love [when he stayed with Addo-Carr]. We’re all brothers, and the thing about rugby league, and what I’ve always loved, is that we were fierce and competitive on the field, but the second that whistle is gone, we are all brothers.”

On a brighter note, Souths are finally in the winners circle, which was a boost for the club and coach Jason Demetriou.

Wighton said the intense interest in his new club had come as a shock after spending his career in Canberra. He was also delighted for Demetriou, saying: “I feel for him. I’ve only been here recently, but he’s a great bloke and a great coach.

“What he’s copping, he doesn’t deserve. To get the win for ourselves and for him, it’s huge.

"Canberra's got a lot of beautiful history, but Souths is the oldest club in the NRL, it is based in the middle of Sydney – in the middle of the biggest rugby league support [group] in Australia, where we’re based – so that comes with the territory, that type of pressure to perform.”

Alex Johnston injured his hamstring and is expected to miss next Saturday’s clash with the Warriors, with Izaac Thompson or Jacob Gagai in line for a call-up.
Maybe supporters are yelling BOO-urns!!!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fkn rubbish. Trell is a bitch and a dirty player. Who cares what he does off the field, he us not getting booed off the field. This is nothing like the Adam Goodes situation no matter how hard the NRL and the media try to spin rhis bullshit narrative. I fkn hate the **** as a player with no racist intent but who knows Samoans are the biggest racist in world sport suddenly

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fkn rubbish. Trell is a bitch and a dirty player. Who cares what he does off the field, he us not getting booed off the field. This is nothing like the Adam Goodes situation no matter how hard the NRL and the media try to spin rhis bullshit narrative. I fkn hate the **** as a player with no racist intent but who knows Samoans are the biggest racist in world sport suddenly
It's heading down the Goodes path, soon the narrative will be,he is being booed because he is aboriginal

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Booing is due to his grubby play on field not because he is indigenous. Mr puffy chest who considers himself a great role model to all. Role models don't feel that they can unload with F bombs and use the throw away line that they don't care that they said it, nor do they show contempt for their fellow players with cheap unnecessary shots. Two blights on the game there last Friday the red and green fullback and the black and white stripped head referee who once again showed just what he thinks when he officiates our games. We wouldn't go away and that must have stuck in his craw so much so that he could not contain the gleeful look on his face each and every time he picked us for something....

What upset me more than anything else was the fact that the officials showed f all concern. Everyone who was at the game and saw the vision knew what happened but the blinkered trio of koalas on the field and the one in the box missed the point completely. (The only ones who didn't miss were the player who dropped in unnecessarily and with intent and the fans)

.As one the three amigos turned and left the field leaving a player being treated on the sideline. At least our boys showed some class by waiting for their team mate to be taken from the field.

How much more leniency will be shown to this clown because it is not only fans of our team who dislike him because of the way he carries himself on the field.

AND don't get me started on the hip drop that was unpunished.....

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a touching moment in the Bulldogs game when Mitchell stayed down and showed concern for good friend Josh Addo-Carr
My word! It was so touching when he was looking after his mate AFTER knocking him out. Give me fkn break you drongos. Just like how he looked after his mate Joey Manu by rearranging his face for him. Just looking after him guys!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck off Vlandys!
We boo him because he's a ****. tell him to stop being a **** and we'll stop booing.
BTW, who the fuck wrote this?? Talking about the "touching moment" when he showed concern for a guy he knocked out with a late tackle?!!