Search results

1. G

Super proud tonight

I will like Ciraldo more when he picks an actual halfback. He is shooting himslefmin the foot with his continued persistence of Hutchinson at 7. Sent from my iPhone using The Kennel mobile app
  2. G

News Bulldogs becoming a graveyard where careers go to die

Reed just needs to pass the fucking ball - he had developed a Micheal Liicha style pivot run and pass and its stifling our attack
  3. G

News Kikau’s Comeback Season

I still belive Burton could be an elite 5/8 but he does require a dominant 7 who can control the game to thrive there . We don't have this currently so it might actually be in Burton's interest to play in the centres till we have an established 7 as much as it pains me yo say.
  4. G

News Dogs of Poor - Dean Ritchie

2 facts in this article that show the writer is dumb as dog shit. Campbell Gillard didn't monster us . In fact his stats aren't that great considering how much ball Parra had. The dogs couldn't exactly buy any decent props as there realistically wasn't any actually any that became available. We...
  5. G

News Half chance: Hutchison finally gets first shot at No.7 jersey

Might be his last game in the 7- our attack has no direction or fluency
  6. G

News Kikau’s Comeback Season

I've seen enough of Kiks to declare Trex 2.0 . Lazy and just here for the cash
  7. G

News Teams Tips Vs Parramatta Updated

1.Wilson ( played here in qld cup) 2. Kiraz 3. Critta 4.Xerri 5. Addo Carr 6. Burton 7. Taffe ( not convinced on the other two) 13. Mann 12. Preston 11. Kiks 10. Curran 9. Reed ( if he continues to stifle our attack I am punting him for Hayward) 8. King 14. Tracey 15. Salmon 16. Hughes 17...
  8. G

Opinion Joseph O'Neill should be our 7

Mahoney is our biggest issue - to slow with is delivery and stifling our attack with his little sidewards shuffle. I just want him back throwing bullet passes off the carpet like he did at Parra. If he isn't willing to do that then he can fuck off.Our attack has looked sharper with Hayward both...
  9. G

Zane tetevano signed for 2024

This could be a decent signing . His last stints were at the Roosters when they were winning comps and also at Penrith the year they started their march to domination in 2020. He will cost us nothing and with a shortage of props available I think it could be an astute low risk signing
  10. G

Your Round 1 Team?

1. Taafe 2. Kiraz 3. Crichton 4. Xerri 5. Fox 6. Burton 7. Sexton 13. Mann 12.Preston 11. Kikau 10. Curran 9. Reed 8. King 14. Hayward (Hooker) 15. Hughes 16. Faamulasili 17. Salmon 18. Kitioga
  11. G

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Game day Thread vs. Storm: Trial 1 @ Belmore, 7pm

Looked way better than Reed to be honest
  12. G

Our Future looks good.

Hayward over Mahoney
  13. G

News The Key Reason Behind TPJ's Exit From The Bulldogs

It's really a mark of what we thought of TPJ that we let him go without a fight. On analysis the club is desperately short of front rowers and on his day Tevita could be one of the best. But you would have assume he was a poor trainer and a terrible influence around the group hence , why we put...
  14. G

News The Mole: Bulldogs facing 'huge decision' over 'rusty' recruit Bronson Xerri

I hung a shit this afternoon that was solid - is he calling him a crap player
  15. G

News NRL 2024: Strengths and weaknesses of Canterbury Bulldogs’ forward pack

A major issue for us last year as that we didn't exactly have our forward pack on the park all that often. Thompson, Kikau, RFM all missed the majority of the season, TPJ was out for the first 6-8 weeks as well from memory. So we really missed blokes being match fit which lead to a lack of match...
  16. G

Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

Where did I say I was happy to pay that much for those players mentioned. I also question where it is stated that those players you mentioned are on the amounts you mentioned ? You have just made those figures up .
  17. G

Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

Irresponsible would or paying 1.1 million for a prop. If this is the price required than it's a pass for me. We need to strengthen our front row and we can buy 2 to 3 decent middles for this price. 1.1 mill is what you pay for spine player. Titans have the best prop rotation in the game and...
  18. G

News Jarome Luai meets with bulldogs as tigers ante the heat

Gus Gould was apparently meeting with Luais manager up at a cafe in Warners Bay today at 10am. Word is that the Tigers and Titans are actually offering more money than us, but we appear as an attractive project . Hope the meeting was positive .
  19. G

Fox Sports Klemmer

Klemmer 2023 keys stats -139 avg run metres a game 61 minutes played per game average of 25 tackles a game with tackle efficiency of 98%. I know he isn't the player he was when he was the best prop in the game. But those numbers are numbers we are crying out for and would seriously give us...
  20. G

Fox Sports Klemmer

Yes he is - but has to be at the right price
  21. G

Fox Sports Klemmer

He was elite when he was with us. Has dropped off big time. Probably better than anyone we have though. Take him for 500k max
  22. G

Rumour AFB & JT

JT can play a high impact game for 70 minutes . Not sure why you would want him in the bench.
  23. G

Opinion Update on Signings

His partner looks thrilled - great I am in Belmore now instead off Recliffe
  24. G

Ethan Quai-Ward

Because he was probably on minimum wage, living away from home and came to the realisation that there is no centre spots available this season at the Bulldogs
  25. G

Ethan Quai-Ward

People do realise that this bloke was probably only signed to fill a spot in the top 30 as clubs are required to fill all spots by a certain date? We bought a cheapie and have been able to move him on as he is now surplus to requirements
  26. G

News Bulldogs emerge as favourite to sign Alex Twal after coffee shop meeting with Cameron Ciraldo

100% it's an issue having to spend the cap as well having to fill the top 30 spots each year. That is why we seem to purchase a few duds each year. Pele and Nu Brown yo name a few were just bought to fill roster spots as there wasn't anyone decent available. That's why they were bought and...
  27. G

Social Media Tino Fa’asuamaleaui rumour

He was a tackle burner , but this was because he played with a poor set of halves. A good halfback would of told him to fuck off out of the way. I stand by my original comment that he was solid in the middle for us and was an integral part of our last golden era.
  28. G

Liverpool stadium

Yep- South Sydney Redfern area based but play at Accor
  29. G

Social Media Tino Fa’asuamaleaui rumour

To be fair - Tolman was a pretty good foil our forward pack in the 2012-2015 era. Never missed a tackle and worked all day mistake free. Prime Tolman would be perfect for us now.
  30. G

In the Dog house: Concerns grow for Addo-Carr’s future after brawl

Does anyone know if he was still carrying an injury at the end of the year. He was way down on pace after his injury , so I am hoping he was playing through pain and that he hasn't lost his pace as it's his major weapon .
  31. G

List of players the Bulldoggs club RUiNED

Holland was never thought of as a future international by anyone except you Nasheed. You had some sort of man crush on the bloke.
  32. G

Opinion Reasons to be Optimistic About Potential Signings, Team’s Future Identity and Direction

Probably lacking 2 genuine props in our rotation . They don't have to be superstars just blokes who can defend our line be disciplined and make decent enough yardage. We probably still need to add some game management into mix at 7 so that Burton get back to being a running 6 and Mahoney can get...
  33. G

Official Bulldog Vs Titan

We are seriously a dumb team. 3 x 3rd tackle kicks and 1x 1st tackle kick. Just complete our sets you dumb fucks
  34. G

Other News Source Eels looking at Waddell and Alamoti

Waddell has been our best player this year. I think he is worth keeping . Has been a liability in the past , but he is one player who has vastly improved under Ciro
  35. G

Opinion Blake Taaffe

He played a lot half back when he was younger. Apparently him and Burton played on the halves for the Junior Blues and were a great combo .
  36. G

Opinion Blake Taaffe

Full back till Joash is ready. I thinks Chrichton will play in the centres where he is most dangerous. Once Joash is ready Taffe can be a 14 for us .
  37. G

Opinion Recruitment targets

We need blokes who can make 140 metres up the middle and not miss tackles. Not sure Asiata is the answer to that problem
  38. G

Opinion Your rating on Gus' performance so far

Which forwards are actually available to sign though? . Don't give me the Hass and Tino were available bull shit either. They were never available and there hasn't been any other forwards of note available .Sutton and Pele were probably only signed as we need to fill 30 rosters spots . This...
  39. G

Official Round 26 - Bulldog v Manly- Team List + Match Page Discussion

That's not fair. He played well in other areas , good enough to get picked in origin and the world cup squad
  40. G

Opinion Crichton the Slug

Spot on and Well said-
  41. G

Vs Raiders - CC Presser

Pangai isn't worth his pay packet I agree. But he is only the only forward that makes any decent PCM and doesn't miss tackles. I will take his once a game mistake over the putridness of our other props who miss tackles and get driven back. I think he is capable of playing more minutes than he is...
  42. G

Official Round 25 Raider V Bulldog Team List + Discussion

I don't understand the bench rotations at all.
  43. G

Tpj to retire from nrl

For everyone bagging him- he has still been our best forward this season apart from Preston. He comes up up with the odd dumb offload occasionally , but he makes a stack of metres and doesn't miss many tackles . I actually feel he hasn't been given enough minutes in a lot of games . For those...
  44. G

Gus on 100% Footy

We have to have a top 30 squad- so you actually end up signing duds to fill it when there is no one available .
  45. G

Pangai Jnr has the intelligence of a besser block

He occasionally comes up with a dumb play. But in all seriousness he is our best forward. He made a a lot of run metres yesterday for the short time super coach played him and his post contact metres were excellent. He also recorded zero missed tackles for the game. He is Easily our best prop...
  46. G

Foot in mouth

I can confirm your story . He was a few rows back from where I was sitting as well
  47. G

Rumour Pele to Hull?

Didn't give himself time to prove himself. Bloke can't get through more than 10 minutes at a time
  48. G

Social Media J Salmon

I don't think it was the signing that was the issue. I actually think Barrett killed his confidence as a player through shit coaching. He may never recover from that shit show.
  49. G

Rumour Watson ?

I actually think this could be a decent signing . I like the thought process about getting players from winning systems who will drive standards at training. Thought Gus provided a good rationale last night on 100% footy
  50. G

Won't anybody think of the kids? Why Gus's Bulldogs signing blitz might come at a cost

We are growing talent. But there Is no sense in exposing that talent to early. I would rather see these young blokes develop in them lower grades then play in our current rabble of a team. With this in mind a few experienced signings that improve our squad are most welcomed. Not sure why the...
  51. G

News Bulldogs Set to Secure Blake Taaffe

. You might find Taafe can actually play 9 to give Mahoney a spell. He played a lot of his junior footy in the halves - so he can pass a ball and defend in the front line.
  52. G

Liam Knight?

He looked a great prospect early on. I believe he has had some injury issues and is stuck behind a pretty decent forward pack. Any one know how is going ? We are desperately lacking front rowers so it could be an astute pick up
  53. G

Sutton - “Difficulties adapting to the club’s defensive structure”

I wonder if it is something going awry at training - we seem to be copping 90%of injuries outside of game time. We simply aren't gonna compete or be able to defend when we have up to 7 of our 17 out injured week to week. We already had low depth in the front row. These injuries aren't helping us...
  54. G

Release Rfm

He seriously hasn't had a hit up according to the player stats. WTF?
  55. G

SMH Luai

He isn't the half we need. Another running 5/8. We need a ball player who will straighten our attack and take over the kicking game inside the 20.
  56. G

Why are we playing our "home" game at Salter Oval next week vs The Dolphins?

Does it matter where we play at the moment. With our lack of forwards we will miss tackles no matter which ground we play at.
  57. G

News Pressure mounting on Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo from familiar source

Agree about the injury front. I do feel Ciro has made his own plight harder. Some of his selections and interchange rotation has been way off the mark. Hopefully with a few new players onboard we can start our return to the top 8
  58. G

News Castleford Tigers are pleased to announce the loan signings of Billy Tsikrikas and Alex Foster on loan until the end of the 2023 Super League season!

Wether or not you rate him , he is a genuine prop and that is something we lack. I would hope that we have someone incoming to replace him
  59. G

Can someone explain Gould’s Fainu prison visit

We had interest in them - but The Tigers blew us out of the water . 4 year deals On about 500k each a season . To big a risk as far as I am concerned
  60. G

Opinion Going backwards (Poll)

I think your being harsh about the recruitment. There hasn't exactly been many spine options actually become available , same In the front row stocks.
  61. G

Opinion Reed Mahoney WTF

Reed is overplaying his hand. I don't know wether to blame him or is he just over compensating for the other players in the spine who are not doing anything . To many games this year we look devoid of any other idea in attack except to take hit ups till the last tackle and then put up a Burto...
  62. G

Okunbor coming off the bench

He probably isn't first grade standard. He has all the right ingredients , but just comes up with bad errors to often. Looking at our current list of available players I don't see many other valid or available options. Perhaps when we have a few more options back from injury we can finally fuck...
  63. G

Opinion Going backwards (Poll)

We are progressing. Our juniors are starting to show promise. We have signed some decent talent for first grade but unfortunately injuries have really fucked up our season and we do lack quality in a few key positions. Unfortunately everyone is basing our level of progress on the first grade...
  64. G

Rumour Alamoti

This he is only 19 argument doesn't hold up. Plenty of blokes have played origins or tests at that age. He just doesn't look like a Centre- no speed or acceleration . Needs to reinvent himself as a Back rower if he wants to live up to the hype .
  65. G

News Canterbury Bulldogs Future On Show As Pair of u19s Stars prepare for origin test

Liking what I see from Marshall. Looks a good prospect. Strange has been the best player on the field
  66. G

Rumour The Canterbury Bulldogs will offer Gold Coast Titans forward Tino Fa’asuamaleaui a $4 million contract – and a share in a pub

His timeline changed during his explanation on NRL 360. One minute he has spent all weekend on it the next minute it was just Sunday, then all weekend again and then he was invited to lunch on Sunday by Laundy. Bull shit Phil Drunkfield
  67. G

Cameron Ciraldo is the worst coach in club history at using his bench

100% agree. There was a particularly poor play from him when he attempted a 40/20 on the 3rd tackle when we on a role . Mahoney for me has the best pass off the ground in the NRL. Wish he would just pass and leave the halves to make the play.
  68. G

Cameron Ciraldo is the worst coach in club history at using his bench

Was just about to post the same thing regarding the interchange . Why did he pull off Pangai? It left us with one prop on the field Max King who didn't have a spell at all. We then have two hookers on the field for the last 17 minutes and one of our forwards (Morrin) capable of going the full 80...
  69. G

Official Round 19 vs Souths - Team List and Game Day Thread

Ciro is fucking clueless with the interchange . Why the fuck do we keep pulling Pangai off . I feel like they have set him a time limit each game. He was having a terrific impact when they bought him off. I couldn't see a need to bring him off when we did . End result we lost our go forward.
  70. G

Jayden Campbell

Titans would probably look at a release . They have Brimson, Foran , Boyd, and are looking at getting Hunt. Not sure where Campbell fits into their plans
  71. G

What happened to Max King?

2 things with Max this season. 1. He is playing busted with injury 2. Rather than coming off the bench as our 3rd or 4th string prop that he was last year he is now the main man, and has generally been the only genuine prop available at times this year.
  72. G

News Phil Gould delves into Bulldogs issues as pressure mounts on Cameron Ciraldo

Let's not forget that Hasler lead us down this Rabbit Hole we are currently in. We had a successful under 20's team and NSW cup team prior to him coming. Hasler was a good first grade coach but he isn't interested in pathways and we are seeing the fruit of that now .
  73. G

Opinion Burton and our current form

Burton isn't a game manager and has never been. We are trying to manufacture him into that role and it is to our detriment. Let's remember there have been plenty of great numbers 6 who weren't game mangers. Laurie Daley wasn't , Brett Kenny wasn't, Freddy wasn't. Even Lockyer to some extent...
  74. G

Opinion Sack Gus & Ciraldo

In some sense you are right. However the coach continues to make horrible interchange decisions on games and also is the one making these continued horrible selections
  75. G

Perham will he be named

Oloapu has had a taste. Needs to go back now and figure out what style of player he is. Can he be half or is he gonna be a ball playing lock. From what I have seen it's the latter
  76. G

Perham will he be named

It does start up front - but Perham doesn't help matters at the back.
  77. G

Social Media Kevin Walter's in the mix to coach the dogs

Wayne Bennet left the mess for Siebold- Siebold walked into a shit show and couldn't steer them out of it
  78. G

Holbrook Available

I don't think Potter is the issue - then issue is we have no genuine 7 and no genuine number 1 . We can attack fine wit the exception of in the opposition 20. Our defence is what needs addressing big time
  79. G

Rd 16 vs Sharks 3-2-1

Spot on - Preston tackled his arse off and was effective in defence. Outside of Flanagan there wasn't many other effective defenders on the day. Mahoney was terrible 6 missed tackles. If we are going with a light weight forward pack then he needs a spell each game as well.
  80. G

Rd 16 vs Sharks 3-2-1

People giving Pele points. He came on at the 60 minute mark when all the hard yards were done and the sting had gone out of the game. Poorly used by coach Cerealkiller
  81. G

Congratulations to Cameron Ciraldo

It's the use of his interchange that's killing him. We were competitive early on till he bought off all but one prop on the field which went on for more than 20 minutes. Had he maintained 2 on the field we probably loose but look a little more creditable. That period allowed them to steam roll...
  82. G

Opinion Chris Patolo

It's really hard to tell if this guy is any good. The way Ciro is using him is ridiculous . We are getting destroyed in the middle and we have all but one prop off the field
  83. G

Social Media Matt Lodge

Lodge is actually still on his $700 k a season contract from the Warriors. The moved him on with 18 months to go at full pay till the end of his contract. What ever happened there must of been massive for a club to move him on in this manner . He is in minimal coin at the Roosters as he still...
  84. G

When does Lodge arrive?

Don't want this **** anywhere near our club. Rather see us cop the spoon that sign this bloke
  85. G

Mahoney is no longer an 80min hooker

Mahoney is a turn style in defence . Has actually turned it it a flop signing
  86. G

Tyrone May anyone

What the fuck is our club doing . Linked to Lodge and May and we signed Xerri. 3 blokes all with chequered pasts. We are letting promising Juniors who wanted to stay at the club in Avo and potentially Alomotti go. Who is making these decisions ? So much for us being the family club. Very very...
  87. G

Social Media Matt Lodge

I will support the club no matter how many games we win. I won't support a bloke who terrorised children. Everyone deserves a second chance , but he can have it doing something else or somewhere else.
  88. G

Social Media Matt Lodge

We need forwards but not this bloke. Can't forgive him for what he did to the family in New York. The guy is a cancer. Warriors paid his contract out on total to get rid of him. Rather cop a wooden spoon next season than supporting this bloke .
  89. G

Opinion Rajab to 7

Go back and watch the Alomotti highlights package from his days in SG Ball and you will see that Rajab is a star and a natural first receiver. I remember watching this about 18 months ago and thinking who is that long headed half that plays like Foran in his prime. Made me forget that I was...
  90. G

Willie Mason

Spot on. Only forward that was having a dig. Those two defensive errors were highlighted by the fact that pansies on the inside didn't do there Job on moving up with him
  91. G

Ciraldo’s mid season report

I am giving him a C- at this stage. Based on where we sit on the ladder it should be an F-. I am giving Ciro the benefit of the doubt as we have had a horrific run with injury's. What I don't like is his bench rotation and some of his team selections. Our defence has gotten worse and we are...
  92. G

Opinion Wilson new fullback

I think this only happened as Avo went off injured
  93. G

Time for mass Changes

1. Averillo 2. Wilson 3. Alomotti 4.kiraz 5. Fox 6. Burton 7. Rajab 13.KO 12. Preston 11. Kikau 10. TPJ 9. Mahoney 8. Thompson 14. Flanagan (rests Mahoney provides cover for the halves 15. King 16. Patolo 17. Sutton ( best defender around the ruck)
  94. G

Opinion Why we lost

2 things as to why we are constantly loosing. We are getting beat up around the middle. We have 2 out and out props playing today. Our go forward is lacking as is our ability to defend around the ruck. Our second reason is that we are ineffective inside the opposition 20. The majority of our...
  95. G

News Pi**es me off’: Furious Dogs coach hints big changes after ‘terrible’ Eels loss

He makes a valid point on TPJ. There was one try where the inside defender just stood and watched Tevita get stepped.
  96. G

Other News Source Gus spotted meeting with Knights Director of Football Peter Parr

Frizell could play in the middle as a 13.
  97. G

Another Tino special. Were we lucky not to have lost our captain to a Brocken jaw?

Gonna see more of this type of contact. They have banned shoulder charges and players are afraid to go around the legs and waist for fear of accidentally being rubbed out for a hip drop. End result is that the defenders head ends up in the wrong place as the defenders are aiming around the ball...
  98. G

News The Mole: Bulldogs facing 'agonising' call on young duo Jake Averillo and Paul Alamoti

Gus has a history of letting players test the market only to find out there value and then counter offer.
  99. G

News The Mole: Bulldogs facing 'agonising' call on young duo Jake Averillo and Paul Alamoti

I heard this was the reason he was picked at fullback as well. Let me say this our defence is worse this year than it's has been in the previous seasons. So he might talk a lot but is it productive talk .
  100. G

Opinion Ryan Sutton

I thought we looked more solid defensively while he was on. They weren't busting us around the ruck while he was on. Not every first grader needs to bend the line