Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whilst I'm sure Big W will be saddened by you no longer shopping there, they haven't removed "any association" with the word Christmas. That was a beat up involving one brand of tree.

You can buy a Christmas Tree here: https://www.bigw.com.au/christmas/c/73/
I almost bought the mini tree for 4 easy payments of $2 a month but couldn't work out how to purchase it haha..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think people meant in store or something.

I actually like not linking Christmas to a pagan tree. But we all know that isn't the reason why they dropped Christmas.
I'm sure if I walked into a Big W store or bothered to read its catalogues in the lead up to Christmas, the word "Christmas" would be there. It reminds me of the usual nonsense abut banning Christmas lights, trees, carols etc. Like the fathers day cake fiasco, its just there to get people outraged and increase clicks.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm sure if I walked into a Big W store or bothered to read its catalogues in the lead up to Christmas, the word "Christmas" would be there. It reminds me of the usual nonsense abut banning Christmas lights, trees, carols etc. Like the fathers day cake fiasco, its just there to get people outraged and increase clicks.
I think it's fit for tat. I'm like that, I react and not act out.

PS what's the father's day cake fiasco? I think I missed that

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Whilst I'm sure Big W will be saddened by you no longer shopping there, they haven't removed "any association" with the word Christmas. That was a beat up involving one brand of tree.

You can buy a Christmas Tree here: https://www.bigw.com.au/christmas/c/73/
Wow, if they think the new non-Christmas branded Christmas trees are bad, wait until they get a load of the new line of rainbow coloured yes trees. :P

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Below pics taken yesterday in Big W stores when this story was running

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Below pics taken yesterday in Big W stores when this story was running

So why the fuck is everyone fighting about?

PS props for using Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it's fit for tat. I'm like that, I react and not act out.

PS what's the father's day cake fiasco? I think I missed that
At Woolies or Coles (can't remember which) at father's day, they were selling cakes marked "Special Person's Day". Someone got outraged at this and went on social media to complain, putting up a photo that conveniently avoided the dozens of other cakes that had slogans like "Happy Father's Day" on it as normal. Most commentators on the supermarket's FB page rightly told the complainer they were an idiot.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So why the fuck is everyone fighting about?

PS props for using Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays.
Well mate it was sensationalist reporting of it (admittedly i stupidly fell for it at first too), when you dig a little deeper you see it for what it was, a storm in a tea cup

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
At Woolies or Coles (can't remember which) at father's day, they were selling cakes marked "Special Person's Day". Someone got outraged at this and went on social media to complain, putting up a photo that conveniently avoided the dozens of other cakes that had slogans like "Happy Father's Day" on it as normal. Most commentators on the supermarket's FB page rightly told the complainer they were an idiot.
I'm a dad and I think this is fucking stupid whinge made by a attention seeking snowflake.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well mate it was sensationalist reporting of it (admittedly i stupidly fell for it at first too), when you dig a little deeper you see it for what it was, a storm in a tea cup
So your average MSM bullshit...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm a dad and I think this is fucking stupid whinge made by a attention seeking snowflake.
Woolworths ‘Special Person’s Day’ cake sparks shopper outrage
A WOOLWORTHS cake that hit shelves on Father’s Day is being slammed as an insult to Australian dads by outraged shoppers.

Danielle Le Messurier
News Corp Australia NetworkSEPTEMBER 4, 20177:13AM

Woolworths Facebook page by a Queensland father on Sunday. It was quickly reshared by dozens of others who called the supermarket giant out on failing to recognise Aussie dads.

One man commented: “This is a disgrace and total disrespect to all fathers in Australia today ...

How dare you Woolworths?”

Another wrote: “Please keep Father’s Day to celebrate Dads, and don’t disappoint Australia with your political “special person” cakes.”

One woman said the cake was a “slap in the face to all the wonderful dads”.

Shoppers are outraged after Woolworths released a ‘Special Person’s Day’ cake. Picture: FacebookSource:Supplied

RELATED: Woolworths customers angry over online ordering

“If you want to support a “Special Persons Day”, do it on any other day! So disappointed that you would make this divisive political statement,” she added.

However, others said they disagreed with the backlash against “Special Person’s Day”, saying not all Australians had fathers in their lives.

“There may be other people in their life that may have to take that role on. I truly celebrate that you have created a cake saying “Special person’s Day” because for every family that does not have a mother or father around and someone else to fill that massive role, they are 100% a very special person. Well done Woolies!” A woman wrote.

Another congratulated Woolworths on “taking into consideration other people’s circumstances”.

“My son doesn’t have his father around a very sad day for him in fact but you turned it into a positive by providing a cake acknowledging a special person so he gave that to his uncle to say thank you for being a special part of his life, all round a happy day instead of a sad one,” the woman said.

A Woolworths spokesman responded to customers over Facebook, saying the contentious photograph had been cropped out not to show other cakes that contained “Happy Father’s Day” messages.

The contentious cake was surrounded by others containing Father’s Day messages. Picture: FacebookSource:Supplied

“We’re currently looking into this display with our store teams. We want to reassure you that we’re helping all customers across Australia celebrate Father’s Day as seen from our store displays, products and recipe ideas. Cropped out of this image are a range of decorative cakes that have different messages on them, including ‘Dad’ and ‘Happy Father’s Day’. Thanks again for sharing.”

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Woolworths ‘Special Person’s Day’ cake sparks shopper outrage
A WOOLWORTHS cake that hit shelves on Father’s Day is being slammed as an insult to Australian dads by outraged shoppers.

Danielle Le Messurier
News Corp Australia NetworkSEPTEMBER 4, 20177:13AM

Woolworths Facebook page by a Queensland father on Sunday. It was quickly reshared by dozens of others who called the supermarket giant out on failing to recognise Aussie dads.

One man commented: “This is a disgrace and total disrespect to all fathers in Australia today ...

How dare you Woolworths?”

Another wrote: “Please keep Father’s Day to celebrate Dads, and don’t disappoint Australia with your political “special person” cakes.”

One woman said the cake was a “slap in the face to all the wonderful dads”.

Shoppers are outraged after Woolworths released a ‘Special Person’s Day’ cake. Picture: FacebookSource:Supplied

RELATED: Woolworths customers angry over online ordering

“If you want to support a “Special Persons Day”, do it on any other day! So disappointed that you would make this divisive political statement,” she added.

However, others said they disagreed with the backlash against “Special Person’s Day”, saying not all Australians had fathers in their lives.

“There may be other people in their life that may have to take that role on. I truly celebrate that you have created a cake saying “Special person’s Day” because for every family that does not have a mother or father around and someone else to fill that massive role, they are 100% a very special person. Well done Woolies!” A woman wrote.

Another congratulated Woolworths on “taking into consideration other people’s circumstances”.

“My son doesn’t have his father around a very sad day for him in fact but you turned it into a positive by providing a cake acknowledging a special person so he gave that to his uncle to say thank you for being a special part of his life, all round a happy day instead of a sad one,” the woman said.

A Woolworths spokesman responded to customers over Facebook, saying the contentious photograph had been cropped out not to show other cakes that contained “Happy Father’s Day” messages.

The contentious cake was surrounded by others containing Father’s Day messages. Picture: FacebookSource:Supplied

“We’re currently looking into this display with our store teams. We want to reassure you that we’re helping all customers across Australia celebrate Father’s Day as seen from our store displays, products and recipe ideas. Cropped out of this image are a range of decorative cakes that have different messages on them, including ‘Dad’ and ‘Happy Father’s Day’. Thanks again for sharing.”
Definition of snowflake

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They would have to weigh the clicks from these stories v the advertising revenue they get from the big companies. I'm actually a little surprised sometimes when they run these "stories".

Status
Not open for further replies.