Lichaa Has Another Jab at Des

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw at least half a dozen of the same over the weekend ours was the only one with those comments I don't want lichaa at the club but Gould gets a hard on when we make a mistake
Yep. We copped it all game. Joey ripped into Mbye a few times and he even ripped into Klemmer saying that he needs to develop his game more or he'll never be great.

People just like to kick a club when they're down. Lichaa ignored the coach and played how he wanted and he played his best game he's ever played for us. No surprise there.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa doesn't know how to pass the ball properly. You can't pin that on Hasler.
Mate, I suggest you watch his games for the sharks u20s & Newtown NSW cup, NSW u20s & junior kangaroos ,:-then with us having to make >40 tackles per game cause our middle forwards are slow & have no lateral movement & no defensive workrate. Yes it is Des's fault he can't pass-

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I completely blame Des just like i blame him for everything else, he has ruined the club and potentially some players careers. The systems Des has implemented simply don't aid the development of our players or play to their strengths.

Lichaa wasn't ever a hooker that would deliver flawless passing off the ground, he was a bloke that would get out from dh and either run or challenge the defence and use his short passing to put forwards into gaps. But for whatever reason Des decided to recruit a certain type of player and then try to turn him into a totally different type of player. What sort of idiot coach doesn't play a young player to his strengths?

Yes there are areas in Lichaa's game where he should have been better, but there were also areas that he was better that we just didn't get to see.

Hasler has created a toxic environment at the club and will go down as the most hated coach in our clubs history. None of our players are performing at a level that they should be. None of them have showed the development that was expected of them and again all this is on Hasler. The club and the players can't be successful with the mess he has created.

I hope we continue to see more of these articles that expose this **** of a coach for the failure he is. And i hope the players that he has negatively impacted can go on and become the best players possible whether it be for the Dogs or another club.
I was going to give you a "questionable" but I felt sorry for Qld Dog.....he would have got blasted by you....:p:p:yum::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
*does a blatant forward pass last week*
Commentators say "That's basic first grade stuff, and inexcusable. If a player is in front of you, you don't throw the pass you run in. With passes like that Des it's easy to see why Des kept him in reserve grade".
Please, Cameron smith does the most forward passes every game from as far back as we all remember and he does not get criticised

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Commentators say "That's basic first grade stuff, and inexcusable. If a player is in front of you, you don't throw the pass you run in. With passes like that Des it's easy to see why Des kept him in reserve grade".
Now, now....don't be like that!
He got confused for a minute.....he didn't know if he was Heckle (Desball = pass) or Jeckle (fuck Desball and run).....:tonguewink:

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score

To be fair if Cam Smith threw it it would have been let go and called a golden pass.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be fair to lichaa. He has been part of a game plan when on tackle x he must pass to player x. He has lost his instinct and ability to read a game.

When he comes out and plays his own game outside of haslers plan and a player over runs the play he is still in the mindset of x player on x tackle.

We are so over structured that we can't play any different to what we do. And it must be the hardest job for the hooker who passes to flat footed forwards or players in the line. We have no depth, no players in motion no instinct.

Again not defending him but how ordinary did ennis look in his last 12-18 months at the club compared to his first 12-18 months. He was picking up the ball taking 2-3 steps then passing to someone flat footed too.

I think lichaa has great potential. He is too bulky at the moment though and has lost what ever little speed he had to begin with. Haslers plan was right to begin with. He should have focused lichaa on just defence for 12-24 games. Just get him to concentrate on it and develop his body. Then he should have gotten him to run more.

Hasler improved lichaas defence but absolutely killed off his attack and passing ability. Ok Hasler isn't out there throwing shit balls. But at the same time lichaa has been trained to throw 2-3 meter passes for the last 3 years because we never spread the ball from the ruck.

Next year will be the test of his ability as a football player. He can come out and prove Hasler and the dogs fans wrong like ennis or he can serve up the same shit at another club and go down as another player who promised the world and delivered nothing.

I have a feeling though that any player to be moved on will lift their game next season. Wouldn't want to see the game graham lines up against us (if he does leave....) lichaa will be no different.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it would be tough to make as many tackles as he does and still be on point in all other areas. In saying that though, his passing game has at times been aweful. Still i think its mostly because of the workload though.
At times I've wondered if it's his passing that's at fault or his ability to think and act with enough time to get a decent pass away. Passing can be learned but thinking quickly isn't so easily fixed.

To me this article tells me that Lichaa still accepts no responsibility for his own deficient passing game. He's passing the buck better than he ever passed the ball. While many here will be happy to add another loop to the noose they're tying for Hasler, it tells me something about the mentality of Lichaa. I couldn't give a crap now if he fades out of the NRL. This is a pretty shit way to thank the coach that should have dumped him from the squad at least a year ago.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Good article but he was wrong about one thing. His relatives come on here defending him all the time lol.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
FUCK Des. FUCK Dib.

Our club has no backbone anymore. Belmore is an empty shell.

Reactions: DT

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
“Especially playing for the Bulldogs, they are pretty passionate fans. You lose a game and you’re the worst player in the world."

Never a truer word has been said
We're just opinionated and honest.. And?

Reactions: DT

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. We copped it all game. Joey ripped into Mbye a few times and he even ripped into Klemmer saying that he needs to develop his game more or he'll never be great.

People just like to kick a club when they're down. Lichaa ignored the coach and played how he wanted and he played his best game he's ever played for us. No surprise there.
Joey has always hted the Bulldogs... I swear it's from the game in 02 where El Masri pulled off that El magic and sunk the knights in a sideline conversion. As for Gould I think he still loves us he usually backs us when no one would and is one of the ones who still talks about our passion. Someone like that would be good to come in and do what Penrith hve done

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Please, Cameron smith does the most forward passes every game from as far back as we all remember and he does not get criticised
See Tedesco's pass on the weekend. It literally travelled 5 metres forward. They were calling it a Grid Iron pass and it lead to a try. The worst part. The ref called it a try.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What hooker doesn't throw the occasional forward pass? Folks holding Lichaa to an unreal standard

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joey has always hted the Bulldogs... I swear it's from the game in 02 where El Masri pulled off that El magic and sunk the knights in a sideline conversion. As for Gould I think he still loves us he usually backs us when no one would and is one of the ones who still talks about our passion. Someone like that would be good to come in and do what Penrith hve done
Why did he get the flick ?

Status
Not open for further replies.