The Consolidated NFL Thread

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is anyone going to cal vs Hawaii this weekend?
Me and assassin were supposed to but I'm an absent minded **** and forgot to buy tickets....

I'll probably go to his and watch it.

You going?

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Me and assassin were supposed to but I'm an absent minded **** and forgot to buy tickets....

You going?
Yep, going with a bunch of mates who don't even follow football haha

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I know it doesn't mean shit but "how bout them Cowboys?"

I forgot how it feels when one of my teams annihilate the opposition.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
calm down, remember how hayne looked? lol
Haha. Fuck Hayne.

Prescott looks really good. If our O line and Dez stay healthy, I think we'll be alright. Not another 8 and 8 season.

I'm interested to watch Ezekiel Elliott. See what all the hype is about.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

You going?
Tickets are still available. I thought about going but then saw the prices. No way I am paying $70 for crappy tickets to a college game. If it was NFL I would happily fork out but not for a college game, plus I am going to the states in December/January anyways so gonna see the big 3... NFL, NBA & NHL while I am there

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Tickets are still available. I thought about going but then saw the prices. No way I am paying $70 for crappy tickets to a college game. If it was NFL I would happily fork out but not for a college game, plus I am going to the states in December/January anyways so gonna see the big 3... NFL, NBA & NHL while I am there
not even good college teams either

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Can the Cowboys start Prescott and have Romo as second string?

Kid can play!
Looks like you may have got your wish Romo out injured for a while... I agree Prescott is a real talent could make it hard for Romo to get his spot back if he plays well!!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The college game yesterday reminded me of when a game was brought out to Sydney in the 1999 in the still fairly shiny new Olympic Stadium (Chargers v Broncos i think).

Anyway, ticket sales were poor (mostly expat americans and some curious Aussies but i think tickets were also quite expensive) and fearing a half empty stadium (the joint held 110,000 back then), promoters went to uni campuses giving away a heap of free tickets on the proviso they had to go and create atmosphere. The tickets included a gatorade and hot dog (just what one wants in the morning).

My mates who were still at uni gave me a ticket, but i got really drunk the night before and missed the game. I called one of them around mid morning and they had already got home again, getting bored by all the stoppages and some getting crook from the bad hot dogs. I guess to someone brought up on a diet of rugby league and aussie rules, the stop start nature takes getting used to.

So it was with a bit of trepidation that i agreed to see a college game in Atlanta with a mate in 2003 (Georgia Tech). I must admit I was impressed with alot of the atmosphere, (there were 40,000 people there on a Thursday night), despite not being able to have a beer and during the quiet bits (and there were a lot), the cheerleaders were right in front of us and quite entertaining.

I like watching American football on the tele now and then these days but only as a highlights package. There are some amazing skills and physical feats but just too much downtime between plays for me. But on a freebie i'd give the live experience another crack :grinning:

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Looks like you may have got your wish Romo out injured for a while... I agree Prescott is a real talent could make it hard for Romo to get his spot back if he plays well!!
Romo who? Lol

I'm actually confident this season, haven't been for a while.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha. I had to talk.

He's out until at least mid year.

Cowboys D needs to step up. I have absolute faith in our O line (IMO, one of the best in the NFL) and we have plenty of strike weapons so I'm not worried about our offense.

Ezekiel Elliott was an animal on the weekend. Can't wait to watch him play.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Haha. I had to talk.

He's out until at least mid year.

Cowboys D needs to step up. I have absolute faith in our O line (IMO, one of the best in the NFL) and we have plenty of strike weapons so I'm not worried about our offense.

Ezekiel Elliott was an animal on the weekend. Can't wait to watch him play.
We need Dez to stay fit.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Better hope Prescott stays fit cause you guys just signed Sanchez as your backup. Haha that is almost as bad as us signing Vick as our backup to roethlisberger!!!!
He is our 3rd string, well until homo is fit then he is peeling oranges lol

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who you sign because the Packers are winning it all!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't mind the Cowboys, I hope you do play well.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Better hope Prescott stays fit cause you guys just signed Sanchez as your backup. Haha that is almost as bad as us signing Vick as our backup to roethlisberger!!!!
Haha. BS. Sanchez is a better 2nd string QB than the dog killer.

IMO, NFC east is the Giants' to lose. If their game plan/Odell Beckham stays fit, it's theirs.

I have a massive soft spot for the Cards and really hope they do well again.

The Packers of Green Bay are also one of my favourites thanks partly to CM III so I hope they go well and their conference is theirs to lose, too. Is Lacy still a fat fuck, though? Haha.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Haha. BS. Sanchez is a better 2nd string QB than the dog killer.

IMO, NFC east is the Giants' to lose. If their game plan/Odell Beckham stays fit, it's theirs.

I have a massive soft spot for the Cards and really hope they do well again.

The Packers of Green Bay are also one of my favourites thanks partly to CM III so I hope they go well and their conference is theirs to lose, too. Is Lacy still a fat fuck, though? Haha.
Hey Lacy is slightly less of a fat fuck compared to last year lol