Recent content by steve_mortimer

1. steve_mortimer

Opinion Was Shifty our best ever 7? If not who was better??

Turvey by a country mile! Daylight second!
  2. steve_mortimer

Our Biggest Dud Signings in the Last 10 Years

If you ever wanted an example of how not to run a club, she was it!
  3. steve_mortimer

1980 Reserve Grade Grand Final

Some fantastic memories shared! Thanks to one and all for the great stories. That Parramatta reserve grade team sure had some talent! I do miss the days of watching all three grades on GF day. As to a video of the game? My old fella said Channel 10 were the first to show all three grades on...
  4. steve_mortimer

Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

I think it is also safe to say Dean Pay is not anywhere near good enough to coach at this level.
  5. steve_mortimer

Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

This is by far and away the worst Canterbury team I have watched since I began watching the Dogs at Belmore in 1984. There are some serious problems inside this club and drastic changes need to happen now.
  6. steve_mortimer

Opinion NRL has to decide on expansion or relocation writes Paul Kent

When I was referring the Brisbane Second Division comp in 2009, there were the following grades.... Under 20’s: 1 comp Under 22’s: 1 comp Open 4: A Northside comp and a Southside comp Open 3: As above Open 2: As above Open 1: As above You had a total of 10 comps running. In 2019 you...
  7. steve_mortimer

Opinion NRL has to decide on expansion or relocation writes Paul Kent

Relocating a club won’t work. If expansion is done, two completely new identities need to be considered. My big beef is the amount of games that get played out of ANZ stadium. It’s by far and away the worst stadium in the entire country yet there is an incredibly large scale of games played...
  8. steve_mortimer

Official 2019 Jersey

This is a complete farce! All the momentum of new season sales has been lost! How on earth do you fuck something up so bad?
  9. steve_mortimer

Official 2019 Jersey

This is truly farcical! You would think the club would at least release a statement with some kind of info? Whoever has been placed in charge of this needs to be sacked!
  10. steve_mortimer

Official 2019 Jersey

You would have thought the club would make some kind of announcement by now with just two weeks to go? Where the hell is this jersey?
  11. steve_mortimer

Official 2019 Jersey

Less than 4 weeks from the season starting and still no sign of the new jersey’s. This looks like a half decent jersey and I will be thrilled to grab one if they ever hit stores!
  12. steve_mortimer

Cameron Smith set to become all time points record holder!

Was reading last night that Smith is set to overhaul Hazem next season. Sitting just 36 points behind, it would take a season ending injury early on for Smith fail in his chase of the record. A real shame to see an absolute twat of a player like Smith get a record he doesn’t really deserve.
  13. steve_mortimer

Official 2019 Jersey

My thoughts exactly. The alternative jersey’s make for a nice change too.
  14. steve_mortimer

a gauge on the popularity of the 9's

Rubbish concept. Never really watched it in all the years.
  15. steve_mortimer

Bulldogs memorabilia for sale

Getting a few offers in so far. Still getting blown away by the wonderful messages from people on here.