Recent content by El Mag-Nick

1. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Well said mate. Bennett has copped a lot of stick for the way he leaves clubs when he walks away, but nothing ever seems to be said about Hasler having the same pattern. Where Hasler goes short term success and long term drama follow
  2. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Des will do what Des does, sign as much talent as he can on back ended deals, pray for early success then get rolled when all the back ending comes home to roost. Titans are in for a good couple of years followed by turmoil soon after. If they are lucky they will get a premiership out of it, if...
  3. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

I don’t get this argument. I’m not saying you are wrong, but if there were clubs lining up to sign him, why is he so cheap? Surely if he was in high demand there would have been someone willing to outbid us if our offer was so cheap. And if there was nobody willing to outbid us, then what was...
  4. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

You can look at it that way, I see it as being negligent by bringing a player with a history of drug cheating into the club. All pre season all we heard about was the culture and connection we are trying to build, it seems like a risk to introduce a rogue element into that. People will say I’m...
  5. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Yeah man that’s kinda my point, the fact they try to claim retaining locals is the priority but then leave those discussions until much later in the year is part of what has me annoyed. I can see the points others are making about the whole thing, I’m just not going to agree. To me the fact they...
  6. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

I can’t accuse them of not trying, that’s fair, but I can point out he wasn’t their priority. That’s been my point, maybe I’m not accurately conveying it, and that’s on me. No disrespect to anyone else that takes the opposite view, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but from my point of view...
  7. El Mag-Nick

Official Dolphins scoop up averillo for three years

The thing is the club seems to want to have it both ways, they want patience for long term success, but they also want forgiveness and freedom to make short term Band-Aid fixes now. If it was just being patient most people could probably cop it (not saying all because there’s always going to...
  8. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Right, that’s your opinion, I don’t agree, but that isn’t the point, opinions are going to be different . But even if you are correct, you don’t get to stand up at every AGM and preach about how one of the highest priorities the club has is retaining and developing juniors and then go out and...
  9. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

No I don’t have OCD, but thanks for the diagnosis. I’m well aware he didn’t murder or rape anyone, as for it not being a normal response for what he was caught doing, that’s your opinion, I don’t agree. I’d rather not have a drug cheat at the club period. I’m also sick of going to every AGM and...
  10. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Have never once backed away from anything I said, all I have done is point out I didn’t call him names or swear or get personal with him. If people want to take that as me not owning it then we can agree to disagree. The fact is we signed a drug cheat centre last December and have now let a...
  11. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Doesn’t make me “feel good about myself” but also doesn’t get my point across. My question wasn’t about Xerri as an individual, it was about signing external drug cheats over juniors as a premise. I’d have said the same if we signed any other drug cheats months before attempting to extend/retain...
  12. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Inaccurate how? He’s played one season and got done for drugs in that season. Hadn’t been allowed to lace a boot for the last 3 and a half years so has absolutely zero record to point to that isn’t under an asterisk for being on roids. As for it being insulting, don’t take the drugs if you...
  13. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

I don’t give a shit what his excuse was, there’s always a sob story when people get caught. “Oh I was injured” “oh we trusted the doctors and didn’t ask what was in the needles” “oh it was because my housemate used the same blender” it’s all crap. You can think it was rude to bring it up if you...
  14. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

Yeah probably not, but if you don’t want people asking questions about drug cheats, don’t sign someone currently serving a drug cheating ban.
  15. El Mag-Nick

Official Gus on Twitter

I literally didn’t say a thing about him personally, no name calling, no insults, didn’t swear at him, just asked why signing a drug cheat was the club’s priority over a local junior off contract. But it’s fine, if he wants to block me he can, I’m a big boy, it just comes off as a little...